Semi Final

joe90

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some flattering words in today's Herald report.

There are two ways to lose to the Old Firm at Hampden. There’s the way Aberdeen did to Celtic on Saturday, surrendering tamely from the outset and being dead and buried inside half an hour. Or there’s the way Motherwell did here. They were beaten, but they did themselves justice and made a tremendous stab at winning this semi-final.

At their best they are a smooth team which can look perfectly at home in possession of the ball, which can’t be said of every side in the SPL.

Great performance yesterday overall. However, I thought It was bad marking from Craigan for the second Rangers goal, should have been closer to Naismith. I'm willing to give McCall a chance, especially now that he has appointed an assistant.

I don't think bad marking was the actual problem, but more tha fact not knowing where the rest of his defence was (rather than where Naismith was). As it was a counter attack, , when the ball came across I think Hutch and Craigan moved towards the front and centre of the box. I think they (wrongly - in both thinking it and not knowing for fact) that Hammell had the back post covered.

Aye i remember that,

Some fans can be a bit fucked up. I abuse players when they deserve it. i remember some boy tried to fight me at a home game because Michael Frasers last game for us against Dundee Utd basically gave away 3 goals but he derserved a bit of grief.

Saying Hately played pish if u think he did just because of who his dad is means nothing, and honestly if some fans think that they can tell me because i dont want to sit next to any fans who bring in the players integrity for playing for Motherwell

Can you no weesht for a bit, yer bursting my heed.

Thought we played really well yesterday, certainly made the trip worth while(along with the Republic Beer Halle in Glasgow, what a find!!) and was miles better than the last time we played them at Hampden. IF ONLY we'd been able to get the ball to Humphrey moe and the ref had had the balls to give the pen!!

Pen, never saw a penalty shout! Or maybe I missed it