Semi Final

joe90

4,000-5,000 'Well fans to sit in silence for 90 minutes generating absolutely no atmosphere, Rangers to bombard Motherwell for the entire game scoring 3 or 4 before they decide to take their foot off the gas. 2,000-3,000 'Well fans to then leave, waking up the rest and leaving them ironically singing "we're gonnae win 5-4" etc.

That's what my expectations are for Sunday!

However, when I'm sitting in Joe's flat at 9am-ish on Sunday with a roll and sausage in one hand and a can of Tennents in the other, I will undoubtedly believe I'm heading to Hampden to be a part of an electrifying atmosphere from the 8,000 Motherwell fans who have turned up to cheer the 'Well onto a 2-1 victory and a place in the final.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, when I'm sitting in Joe's flat at 9am-ish on Sunday with a roll and sausage in one hand and a can of Tennents in the other, I will undoubtedly believe I'm heading to Hampden to be a part of an electrifying atmosphere from the 8,000 Motherwell fans who have turned up to cheer the 'Well onto a 2-1 victory and a place in the final.

Dear Jim

Can you fix it for this to happen on Sunday. I am an underprivileged and scunnered Motherwell fan and the world is against us so it would be nice to be happy again.....

Yours In hope

Sieb

:lol:

I think that is just part of the Hampden experience is it not? Its exactly the same with a Scotland game. The number times our lot have been full of pessimism prior to meeting up only by the time you leave for the game a few hours later several jars to the good you are utterly convinced its going to go our way after all and we're going to witness something special.

I'm fairly relaxed about it at the moment. Don't think we stand much of a chance if I'm being honest but that low expectation level is perhaps no bad thing. I think I would feel much more apprehensive if we were playing a St Johstone or Kilmarnock in a Semi-Final. At worst I'm viewing it just now as a semi-rare opportunity of seeing us play at Hampden in a Semi, where the club will make a few bob out of and that's a bad point to start off your aspirations for the game.

By Sunday morning I'm fairly certain I'll be shattered because I've been too excited to sleep and absolutely buzzing, convinced after what seems like about 27 years without a win against them - today will be the day!

Anybody got any idea how many tickets the currant buns have sold? If the apathy for the game stretches over both sets of supporters then it's hardly a reflection on our club.

I asked a Rangers supporting friend if he was going on Sunday, to which he replied "What's on Sunday"? He then stated that he would rather stay at home and watch it on the BBC.

So I'm guessing they're just as apathetic (pathetic? :lol: ) as usual, it's just that there are a lot more of them to go around.

I asked a Rangers supporting friend if he was going on Sunday, to which he replied "What's on Sunday"? He then stated that he would rather stay at home and watch it on the BBC.

So I'm guessing they're just as apathetic (pathetic? :lol: ) as usual, it's just that there are a lot more of them to go around.

Are ye daft? The Rangers fans are protesting against...against... the SFA/the SPL/Celtic/David Murray/The BBC/Lloyds Bank/Lloyds cakes/Sara Lee/Glasgow City Council/The NHS/The grass being green/Asda/Subway/Susan Boyle/Tayside Police/Dundee United/David Goodwillie's impending imprisonment/Barry Smith. (Delete as appropriate) Thats why they're not there.

Are ye daft? The Rangers fans are protesting against...against... the SFA/the SPL/Celtic/David Murray/The BBC/Lloyds Bank/Lloyds cakes/Sara Lee/Glasgow City Council/The NHS/The grass being green/Asda/Subway/Susan Boyle/Tayside Police/Dundee United/David Goodwillie's impending imprisonment/Barry Smith. (Delete as appropriate) Thats why they're not there.

What can I say, it's just hard to keep a track of all the protests going about these days! Rangers vs. the above, Celtic vs. Everyone, Motherwell fans vs. positivity.

I'd love us to be on better form coming in to this but at then end of the day it is a cup game and it's the old adage that anything can happen in the cup. I'm sure come Sunday morning, we'll all be right up for it.

Clearly I'm not the only one but I am really struggling to get up for the semi! As soon as I get a bit confident or excited bout it then for some reason it gets knocked out me! Anyone who knows me would tell you I'm not like that which is surprising me the most.

Aye a know ye and yer a big dour sod :lol:

As much as I'd love to see us with silverware, with no place in Europe as a prize, this competition was made worthless some time ago.

I'm sorry but this is a load of guff. If God were to say to me "Motherwell will never play in Europe ever again, but I'll let them lift the league cup", I'd be ripping god's arm off. 20 years since a trophy, it could be another 20 or 30 before it happens again.

A trophy or a couple of days bevvying in some foreign shitehole? Hmmm.

I'm sorry but this is a load of guff. If God were to say to me "Motherwell will never play in Europe ever again, but I'll let them lift the league cup", I'd be ripping god's arm off. 20 years since a trophy, it could be another 20 or 30 before it happens again.

I would much prefer to be in Europe again than win the League Cup after some memorable trips the past few seasons.

However the Scottish Cup is a different story, would love us to win that and qualify for Europe in the process. :lol:

I would much prefer to be in Europe again than win the League Cup after some memorable trips the past few seasons.

However the Scottish Cup is a different story, would love us to win that and qualify for Europe in the process. :lol:

Each to their own. My opinion is probably invalid anyway as I'm not going on Sunday simply because I can't be bothered. Don't know if Motherwell winning anything right now would shake me from my apathy...

I think Jim’s probably busy, still no harm in asking... :P

eanyww.jpg

:lol:

Never again? Hard one. Twenty years........I'd take the Cup then.

I'd imagine the Club would choose differently right enough.

Im not quite sure where to post this so i thought the best place was here, so sorry if it's wrong!!

It was just a question about the tickets for sunday! I was going to phone up tomorrow and buy two tickets with my card but i can't go to collect them. Is it fine if I get my brother to collect them for me even though i've paid with my card?

And one more thing.......... everytime i go to AddREPLY i can't seem to type anything on there?? I can only type reply's on the FastREPLY if you know what i mean? If someone could help me out with that please??

Cheers!!!

Game live on BBC. Ticket price = £20. Hassle getting in and out of Hampden. Too close to the blue nose neanderthals. Likely to get pumped. Stay home, have a few brews in comfort, watch on TV. Sorry but I just can't get excited about this game. :P

"Game live on BBC/Sky. Ticket price = £25ish probably. Hassle getting in and out of Hampden. Too close to the Plastic Paddy neanderthals. Likely to get pumped. Stay home, have a few brews in comfort, watch on TV."

I assume you'll be sticking to that patter if we actually make the final?! :lol:

Quite simply, we are going to lose this game, no two ways about it.

We do not have players capable of beating Rangers no matter if the game is played at Fir Park, Ibrox or Hampen Park and even though Rangers have lose their main goalscorer they will still be more than good enough to beat us without playing anywhere near their best. If they are on their game they will absolutely murder us and we could be looking at a repeat of the 2005 final and if they're not and have a real off day we will not be good enough to take advantage of it.

Despite that I'll be going along to the game as unlike the last time we were in a semi final, I can appreciate that this is a big day for the club and will be at Hampden to cheer on the team to hopefully the most unlikeliest of victories and enjoy my day out, though I honestly believe that I have more chance of winning the lottery on Saturday night than seeing us beat Rangers on Sunday afternoon.

If by some miracle - and it would be a miracle - that we do somehow win this game then it will be one of the greatest results in our club's history but there is little to no chance of it happening unfortunately.