Semi Final

joe90

I've never known such aparthy in the lead up to a semi final. When I think back to the Easter Road semi in 2005 the old 'welltrustfc' boards were jumping! I know things haven't been that great recently, but this is a chance for us to enjoy a day oot at Hampden roaring the lads on. We don't get enough of those to be low-key about them!

I'm right up for the match, despite Perth on Wednesday! Mind you we've never had good results prior to our most recent semis, so it should have no bearing on Sunday's match. Its fifty years since we beat this mob in the cup, and we've never beat them at Hampden. What an opportunity to re-write history....

MON THE WELL!!!!!

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about if you actually think Motherwell are going to win but still aren't going because you can't be arsed? Maybe can't be arsed is the wrong phrase. I feel very disenchanted with it at the minute, so much so that even though I have a sneaky feeling we'll do it on Sunday I can't bring myself to go to the game. What does that make me?

To be fair, I did try and make it quite clear (and thought I'd succeeded!) that I was referring to the Motherwell supporters purposely giving the semi-final a miss because it's highly likely we'll lose.

I am extremely disenchanted with Scottish football at the moment, like yourself. I've missed games, both home and away, this season due to different factors from keeping my pennies, or going on subcrawls for mate's birthdays - because football isn't a priority for me, and continues to drop slowly but surely down the list of things I can do with my time.

But I cannot fathom Motherwell supporters avoiding the semi-final of a domestic final because we're probably going to lose. No one can possibly deny that that is complete and utter Old Firm "gloryhunting mentality"? And to be honest, you're quite clearly supporting the wrong team if you can't be bothered going along to one of the very few times we're at Hampden, simply because you're expecting us to lose.

And you said this wouldny happen to you til the morning of the game Mr Henderson!! Underestimating yourself methinks :P:rolleyes:

:lol:

Absolutely mate! Wednesday evening was actually the turning point I think! My two Spanish mates (who were at the Inverness away game) are coming to the game to support the 'Well, so I was supplying them with videos of the 'Well and 'Well fans on YouTube to get them educated! Got me right in the mood watching the 'Well fans in Nancy, Jutkiewicz's injury time equaliser etc.

Andy Murray & Motherwell double on Sunday.

Up the 'Well!

Knew that this would happen, dragging my arse at the start of the week and was going out of a feeling of duty more than anything else.

Now it's Friday, a couple of days to go and fuck me I'm actually getting a bit excited about this again.

We might, probably, get beaten but fuck it lets get right in about these h*n bastards. Fucking hate Rangers and how good would it be to do these bams over.

C'mon the fuckin 'Well.

Pretty much how I'm feeling - actually think we could struggle, but you just never know, with a little luck that's needed in any cup match, then maybe, just maybe, we'll do it :notworthy:

Either way, I'm going to get up Sunday buzzin, get the bus through, and enjoy the day (at least until the game starts :ph34r: }

MON RA DOSSERS

Im all for respecting everyone's opinion but can all you depressing lot keep your downer opinions to yourselves just for the weekend. We got a cup semi to get up for here.

No matter how disillusioned you are with the club or scottish football the club you claim to support needs you this weekend to play your part (a very important part i may add) in giving the players a lift, encouraging them to play out of there skins. If the supporters have no belief in the players then whats the fucking point en it.

I'm a bit of a realist. I hear you what you are saying but I think some of the pessimism, amongst many others, could be down to the two games we have already played them this season.

Rangers 4 Motherwell 1

Motherwell 1 Rangers 4

...........and our team has got a helluva lot weaker since then.

St Johnstone 0 Motherwell 2

Motherwell 4 St Johnstone 0

St Johnstone.....You get my point :notworthy: .

And Rangers are weaker without Miller too.

St Johnstone 0 Motherwell 2

Motherwell 4 St Johnstone 0

St Johnstone.....You get my point :ph34r: .

And Rangers are weaker without Miller too.

Someone in this thread mentioned Ross County vs Celtic in the Scottish Cup last season. Can't believe I forgot that. That was the point the hope and belief started to grow in me as well. Don't know who it was but I'm holding them directly responsible if I'm heartbroken on Sunday night :notworthy:

We're gonnae fuckin' beat this shite, and those 'Well fans who "could be bothered" actually going to support their team in a national cup semi-final at Hampden will be delighted they did.

Some of the posts on here are absolutely embarrassing.

Catch the rest of the you gloryhunting bastards at the final.

Mon the 'Well.

Nail head hit! Or something along those lines.