Semi Final

joe90

Can't believe some of the negativity on here over the last week or so. The game hasn't started yet ffs. We don't know whats around the corner.

Yeah we can all come on here tonight and argue till we're blue in the face regarding a poor refereeing decision or a bad mistake by a player or bad decision by the manager but we can deal with that when the time comes.

Right now i think anyone who cares a bit about our club should be sitting with butterflies in the stomach anticipating a great occasion for a club like ours. It doesn't happen anywhere near often enough.

I'm in ma 30's and woke up 3 or 4 times during the night and the first thing on my mind was the game and the day ahead. Sad? Maybe. But who cares.

Come on the Well. Time to end the 8 year wait against these bastards :cheers:

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Jay and others. I don't expect to win today but I do believe there is a possibility that we could win and I am excited about that. I've seen us beat better Rangers teams than the current one plenty of times. It could happen, it probably won't but it could happen.

That does not make someone 'happy clappy' or 'holier than thou'. If we put in a performance like we did against Rangers at Fir Park recently I will be coming home to give them both barrels on the forums here. If we put in a performance like we did the last time we played Rangers at Hampden, one of the very few times I have walked out before the final whistle, I will be livid.

What I don't get is people who have buried the team before the game even starts. Who don't seem to have any pride or excitement that we have reached a semi final. That seems to me to be bizarre but each to there own.

Come on ye 'Well!

Well I had a fantastic sleep last night and have woken up today with the worst butterflies ever. I have already been sick and I am due to be again.

As for the score I have no idea. Will we get hammered? Possibly. Will we go in front and lose the game in the last 10 minutes? Possibly. Will we score after 3 minutes and sit back and hang on grimly with the result being no Motherwell fan having not 1 fingernail between them? Possibly. This is Motherwell FC and the 24 years or so that I have been going to games anything is possible. We win games we expect to get gubbed and vice versa. I remember Billy Davies' first game up in Perth we lost 5-0 to a St Johnstone side that had recently lost 7-0 to a Rangers side that we would be facing next. You can imagine all the predictions for the game. Even I believed we were going to get hammered. Well we didn't as we won 1-0. The season we finished bottom of the league we beat everyone in the top half of the table including Rangers and Celtic. Who would have thunk it eh? It will be that spirit that I will take in to today's game. That spirit that anything can happen in Football. We may well get humped but I not going to let the fear of that spoil my day at Hampden.

Anyway enjoy your day for all of you who like me are attending Hampden :cheers:

For you who are not attending due to your apathy then I hope that as kick off nears your interest increases ever so slightly that you decide to watch it and that you enjoy the game so much that you decide to go to the final :lol: :lol:

MON THE WELL!!!!

Getting a bit of butterflies now watching the tennis. Hopefully be a murray and well double. We need to snap weiss at the earliest opportunity and do what rangers did to eremenko. Would be good to have at least 20 mins without them scoring. Last two times we've played them at hampden they have scored within 5 mins. Optimistic but warey. Will enjoy the day anyway.

Well I had a fantastic sleep last night and have woken up today with the worst butterflies ever. I have already been sick and I am due to be again.

Good on ye. I've got a wee dose of Cup Fever as well.

I am going to the game thinking we'll get humped. Regradless, I am meeting up with a wheen of pals, some I've not seen for ages, to watch my wee diddiy team play a real match the worlds oldest national stadium against the league champions.

I'll have a good day out and a good laugh. This is what makes us different from them!

I don't expect to win but

you only get one chance at the Old Firm(copywrite 1991),

we can never come back from 2-6,

Fitzpatrick will never score,

don't hit it fae there Colin etc etc etc

If you don't want to go, don't go but you'll not stop me giving it my all - after all, that is all I ask of the players - only fair now. Mon the Dossers

I am trying to do some figures at present to see if I can make this today.

Woke up this morning and knew exactly where I should be watching this today.

With the car needing work done to pass it's MOT at the second attempt, I need to figure in Public Transport.

I take it we are in the same end as when we last faced Rangers,so getting to Rutherglen and walking it up, would be my best bet.

Hopefully see you there.

Not going to quote your post from the last page Stu because it is kinda lengthy but even though it was me you were arguing against, well said! I think the point about leaving the Semi Final thread positive is a good one.

I am one of the negative vibe merchants at the moment but like others it does not stop me from having butterflies in my stomach this morning. I can't get to the point of thinking we could sneak it (not yet anyway) but I just want the team to give a good account of themselves and at least let this mob know they are in a game.

The thing is as well, you just never know.

C'mon the Well!!

Woke up in the middle of the night celebrating a last minute winner from Casagolda !!

Wasn't really up for this and didn't even realise I'd been thinking about it.

This could be it. Casagolda day !!

My alarm went off at 9.15 this morning and after a late-ish night last night I snoozed it and went back to sleep.

WHAT A FUCKING TOOL! Totally regretting it, I should be somewhere about Perth just now :woop:

So nervous, yet so excited at the same time.