Semi Final

joe90

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a quick question. was it just me or did it take everyone a second or 2 to react to our goal? i must have sat there for about half a second, although it felt alot longer, just looking at the ball in the net, was anyone else the same?

Nope was jumping up like a fanny when Lasley smacked it. Eternal optimist me and I was right for once.

So disappointed by the result today. I thought we out played them for a long spell in the second half. Lasley’s goal when it came was overdue. I still think we are a too slow in the build up. We need to break forward quicker.

Murphy did not have his best game but I would have liked to have seen him through the middle after Jones came on so that he could have tested Weir with his pace.

Rangers were crap and were there for the beating. Sadly we could not cash in.

Teams have sussed Humphrey out and double team on him. Papac is a good defender but Humph did beat him a couple of times but his crossing is still poor.

I thought Hutch stood up to the test well and it is a must that we get Jennings signed up. He was a stand out.

Big week coming up. Hope we can recover from the disappointment and beat Killie and get through in the cup.

just a quick question. was it just me or did it take everyone a second or 2 to react to our goal? i must have sat there for about half a second, although it felt alot longer, just looking at the ball in the net, was anyone else the same?

Got that very same feeling in the 91 semi final with Colin O Neils now infamous goal. Everybody seemed to freeze for what seemed like 2 or 3 seconds before going completely balistic!! Those kind of goals are always the best.

Aye, I just remember the ball getting laid off at the edge of the box, next thing the net bulged.

Then a few seconds later pandemonium set in.

The guy that climbed over 6 rows of seats to square go the guy through the glass is an absolute hero.

I was sitting near him and I tell you what - he was a fucking idiot.

This "hero" was the person shouting racist abuse at Humphrey half way through 1st half. Your own fans shouting that kind of stuff! Him an all his stone island pals can fuck right off.

The funniest bit was seeing how all his pals went mental when he was getting carted out by the Police.

Was it just me or was there no music played when we scored and yet One Step Beyond when they did ?

That's because it was like a morgue when they scored!

Didn't need it for us cause we all went ballistic!

I thought Murph's miss at the end was very poor finishing. He should have buried that. Love the guy, but he needs to believe in his own ability a bit more.

As much as speed and ability that Murphy has. he has no composure at all.

If he did , he would score a barrowload.

Not the guys fault, he just doesn'thave it.

Sorry if you guys don't agree but please give me examples of Murphy's finishing in front of goal

I was sitting near him and I tell you what - he was a fucking idiot.

This "hero" was the person shouting racist abuse at Humphrey half way through 1st half. Your own fans shouting that kind of stuff! Him an all his stone island pals can fuck right off.

The funniest bit was seeing how all his pals went mental when he was getting carted out by the Police.

there was a guy like that sitting infront of me at one of the home europa games, was a wank for the whole game, even shouting racist abouse at a stuard sitting at the wee gate and had done absalutly nothing wrong, to be honest i thought it was one of those wee bell end old firm fans just going along for the hell of it. on the way out the park my dad just turned to me and said " i wanted to smash the wee pricks face in", was probably the same guy, just one of those people you would never get fed up smackin around.

As much as speed and ability that Murphy has. he has no composure at all.

If he did , he would score a barrowload.

Not the guys fault, he jusy doesn'f have it.

tSorry if you guys don't agree but please give me examples of Murphy's finishing in front of goal

Fuck's sake man,he's a bloody kid! Get a grip! He's stilllearning the game and needs to learn when to blooterit and when to pass it in. It'llcome with experience. He did well enough against Dundee...

Unlucky today lads, good effort. Hateley's best game in a while and some spirited performances all round.

It wouldn't be Motherwell if we didn't get kicked in the baws when we're down. First we go out the cup in a blaze of unluckyness then we get paped out the top 6 at the same time :notworthy: But there was positives today that we need to build on but heres hoping it's not another false dawn like after the Dundee game.

Fuck's sake man,he's a bloody kid! Get a grip! He's stilllearning the game and needs to learn when to blooterit and when to pass it in. It'llcome with experience. He did well enough against Dundee...

Unlucky today lads, good effort. Hateley's best game in a while and some spirited performances all round.

He's a bloody kid?

He's our centre forward.

What do we do, wait to he gets his experience????

He has played every game this season.

You get a grip,

How many games has he played? It was a semi final, the last chance of the game.

We'll just wait untill Jamie is experienced enough to bury a chance against Dundee but not against Premier League teams or in CIS Semi finals against Rangers.

An excellent effort from M'well,game was there to be won against an average outfit

Lee McCulloch is a disgrace,not regarding anything in particular from today but his comments on joining that mob,your either a 'Well fan or your not

Someone earlier referred to the H*n as the most "successful club in the world",what for winning a 2 horse race every now&again?!

Very disappointed&aghast to hear a M'well fan give them any credit,they deserve the same contempt as their pals from the other side of weejie land

I haven't had a read at anything on this so if its been said(It will have been) then I'm sorry.

I'm gutted after that today, extra time was the very least we deserved. We played really well against a very average team and to lose the winner when we were looking like the only team going to win was a kick in the teeth. Is it just me but when you think that we're going to turn theses bastards over they seem to score to turn the game in there favour?

I'm so proud of the side today and thought that McCall got his tactics spot on but it just wasn't to be. Hopefully we can put in the same level of performance against Kilmarnock on Wednesday because we will win if we do.

The best part(obviously) was the atmosphere and celebration when that goal went in. It was like Easter Road against Hearts all over again. How much did we have there today btw? Looked like five or six thousand.

I don't think the penalty would have been soft. he had his arm round his throat and pulled him to the ground. Compare it to what was given against us at St johnstone.

the exact same challenge happened (think it was by jenno) about 5 mins after the pen shout and Collum couldnt wait ti get the whistle to his lips for a Gers free kick, fuckin sick of those c***s gettin everything, not only do they have far better + more expensive teams,they get all the fucking luck (Alexander save) and fucking decisions (Weirs rear naked choke on Sutton in the pen box), hate the scummy c***s

Lee McCulloch is a disgrace,not regarding anything in particular from today but his comments on joining that mob,your either a 'Well fan or your not

McCulloch can fuck right off. I was a big fan when he was here and followed his progress at Wigan but since to move to the dark side he has become a fucking animal who forgets where he came from. Some of his behaviour today was shocking, going down feigning injury when we were breaking forward, some of his tackles and general play acting left a very bad taste in the mouth. He better not show his face in Motherwell any time soon - fucking disgrace of a player.

That is odd because towards the end of the first half (I think, maybe beginning of the second) it read 51%-49% in favour of Motherwell. If anything after that Motherwell came into the game more.

I suspect these stats regarding percentage posession is based on the last five minutes when you look at it. They did have most of the ball in the last five minutes as they were attempting to waste as much of it as possible.

Rangers were rank today.

I don't deny that most of our guys gave plenty of effort and we would probably have got a result against most teams in Scotland but we didn't show much quality and there was far to many basic mistakes from almost everyone.

It's a shame really because if we could only cut out those very basic mistakes we would probably have won today because in my opinion Rangers were there for the taking.

Hopefully McCall can get that 5-10% extra concentration out of the side, if he does I fancy us to turn things around go back up the league.

Randolph was solid, I felt we were relatively secure at the back bar some slack out balls from the defenders, midfield was a little frustrating, too many guys were playing in patches. Lasley started great then had a lull, then picked up again, Jennings struggled at the start of the match and only gradually came into things and Hateley was all over the place for most of his time on the pitch. If only all three of them had played well at the same time.

I was also disappointed in Humphrey for most of the match although he had a good wee spell. Murphy let us down with his finishing but I thought he put in a power of work and was always our main danger man. Sutton did well in a difficult role.

We gave a good account of ourselves, we matched Rangers for most of the match and deserved at least extra time and I cheered the team off but I can't help thing today was an opportunity missed.