Well Boys Today

Modernist

However watching it on the T.V again. Most of his decisions were spot on.

Having watched over the game myself I have to disagree. Its frustrating watching it again seeing the likes of Naismith and Co... go down so softly with next to no contact whatsoever.

Then you look at Sutton getting halved near the end and the wee tit wank just plays on. Ref was poor today, largely inconsistent.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

great support and atmosphere today.out sung the rangers fans despite being outnumbered 3/1. :P

i have to say on the ref during the game he seemed a little inconsistent but have watched the replay i thought he had a reasonable game.nobody is complaining about hutchinson halving naismith and getting no booking or lasley hacking weiss repeatedly when he came on and getting no booking and he could easily have given a foul for the header when he was climbing on papac.the weir penalty incident could have been given but hardly ever is in the area.

Can we rename this thread "steelmen online celtic paranoia club"?

How about deleting half the pish and actually discuss the thread title a bit. Echo the original sentiment, well done lads, actually well done to the number of people who actually turned up today but have to say we've lost something from the manner in which we support our team which I doubt we'll ever get back. The Well Boys try to recreate what we used to have but when the opening whistle goes in a semi final and the majority of the support flip their seats down and plonk their arses, you know the gemmes a bogey.

(And before anyone says it yes I did the same cos I wasn;t going to be the ignorant bugger in the family section continuing to stand whilst others tried to look round me. Not intended as a dig at anyone so no need to defend yourselves, but an observation on how fan behaviour has changed and not for the better.)

I also noticed the section of currants that stood and waved flags and did the "Bouncy" throughout the game without being challenged.

Yeah noticed the Police and Stewards wading in to llift some of our guys for Sweet FA yet 2 whole sections of the rangers mob were running backl and forward into each other right across an aisle and hee haw was said of doen about it.

Same as the prick in hospitality giving big time greif to the well fans after the scum got their second and yet the stewards went in mob handed on the Well fans who asked for something to be done about it and more or less got told to F@~K Off.

How about deleting half the pish and actually discuss the thread title a bit. Echo the original sentiment, well done lads, actually well done to the number of people who actually turned up today but have to say we've lost something from the manner in which we support our team which I doubt we'll ever get back. The Well Boys try to recreate what we used to have but when the opening whistle goes in a semi final and the majority of the support flip their seats down and plonk their arses, you know the gemmes a bogey.

(And before anyone says it yes I did the same cos I wasn;t going to be the ignorant bugger in the family section continuing to stand whilst others tried to look round me. Not intended as a dig at anyone so no need to defend yourselves, but an observation on how fan behaviour has changed and not for the better.)

Well put fatcalf.

Didn't make the game yesterday - but watching it back the well support were phenomenal on how they outsung the other lot. As Modernist outlined on his previous post.

I was scathing of our performance against them a few weeks back in the league - the team weren't up for it and we failed to match them. But then again as a support we didn't match them either. En masse - they stay standing in their allocated sections at Fir Park and we all sit down.

It's time for us to match them at home games.

btw I took in a First Div game on Sat - and folk were standing all across the back of the stand and in the wings too. Not a steward in site. Guys allowed to enjoy their fitba - it's no difficult.

Well put fatcalf.

Didn't make the game yesterday - but watching it back the well support were phenomenal on how they outsung the other lot. As Modernist outlined on his previous post.

We did outsing them but then again, me and my kids on our own could outsing them, the main bulk of fans were good in phases I felt, overall it wasn't like a semi final in truth.

Busta nut it's not about the "FTP shite" it's more to do with the fact that through some shitty decisions the ref didn't help us at all in the game. There has been instances that a lot of fans have all admitted were shocking

I have to say i thought the ref was not too bad yesterday, Rangers should have had a pen, and so should Motherwell, but as some of the old firm fans should learn, these decisions even themselves out.

The ref had nothing to do with us getting beat yesterday, all of the defence ball watching and allowing naysmith a free header was the cause. But i was proud of the team yesterday especially 2nd half we created a few good chances and with some sharper finishing we could have won.

Pretty much spot on - whether I'm a (gettin) old fart or not, I enjoy singing and the atmosphere it brings to a game, but sadly, sitting has no doubt killed much of that.

Have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday though, even sitting in the family section, if only the result had been right :lol:

MON RA DOSSER

As I said in the semi-final thread, top marks. We ended up standing with the lads throughout the game and the atmosphere in that section of Hampden was cracking. As usual though, the stewards and police got their kicks out of wading in for no apparent reason.

Well boys arent actually in existance anymre but i like how its a tag thats stuck. The club stewards and police succesfuly pestered and harrassed enough of them to put them off through the umbrella law of breach of the peace. But for certain game like yesterday the boys can still pull a crowd together. Hope the spaniard and norwegians enjoyed theirself!

Same as the prick in hospitality giving big time greif to the well fans after the scum got their second and yet the stewards went in mob handed on the Well fans who asked for something to be done about it and more or less got told to F@~K Off.

Did the wee h*n not get booted out too? Thats shite if not, he was so clearly the problem and that is just sheer incompetence on the stewards/ police behalf.

As for the ref...all refs in this country they are all scared of bad limelight by giving a wrong decision against the old scum and it being all over the papers and news. A wrong decision against a diddy club though is fine.

my voice is gone with shouting and singing.

But i still had enough of a voice left to shou at Craigan.

Im sorry guys i know we played well and we should be proud and if it wasn't for willie (im a dirty h*n ftp) collum we would have taken it to extra time.

Craigan again couldnt pass at all, we know he cant cross a ball but today he couldnt pass 10 yards in front of him, watch the goals again. and someone tell me why Craigan is not picking up Naismith

And i dont want the whole "it's not his man" because in this situation that doesnt work :lol:

Your patter is shocking. Miles oot anaw.

Just been through some of the reply's and cannot believe we are blaming the ref. The first goal was a belter and their second was poor defending by Craigan. Overall we played well but there were too many unforced errors particulary from Saunders and Craigan. We cannot do that at that level.

Same old story we did our club proud but just came up short. Only thing Collum was guilty of was not giving us any 50/50 decisions unless it was in an area where it did not matter.

For what it was worth I stood for the whole game without challenge and I dare say if we stood up to a man and gave it laldy then nothing would have happened. Oh and the smoke bomb is going to get us into bother one day.