Motherwell Vs Kilmarnock 02/02/2011

David

St Johnstone looking good for the 3 points against Accies. This will see us drop to 8th. Our next two league games are at Ibrox and Pittodrie. A win tomorrow night is crucial or we could soon see ourselves not even being seeded for the League Cup next season.

I have been concerned for a while now about Aberdeen passing us in the league by beating us at Pittodrie. A win tomorrow ensures that does not happen.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our next two league games are at Ibrox and Pittodrie. A win tomorrow night is crucial or we could soon see ourselves not even being seeded for the League Cup next season.

I couldn't agree more. We need to pick up at least four points from these three games I reckon.

Watched Killie at the weekend against that junior team from Hamilton, they dominated the 1st 30minutes or so and created a good deal of half chances although not many clear-cut yins, after that Hammill got sent off (unfairly I may add) and Accies tweaked their formation/line-up and the game was much more even with both teams having plenty of opportunities to score.

Sammon had a very good game and its a bonus that he has left but I wouldnt say they are 1 man team, Taouil had a good game, Bell is a solid enough keeper, the centre midfield looked pretty mobile (the boy fae Milan came on and was anonymous though) and Eremenko is still to come back, but I would say that left-back is definitely the weak-link and hopefully Humph can get the better of Hay over the 90mins the night and I reckon that Sutton on his game should get the better of Wright.

Hopefully the conditions improve as it is pishing down here and is as windy as fuck at the moment, and with the nick of our park it could make for a poor game. But I'll go for 2-0 'well, both scored by Murphy.

Its a great opportunity to to get three points, Sammon gone is another reason to be confident.

After sunday the players will take confidence from that and move forward surley.

Might be tempted to bring Jones back in and maybe even rest Craggs to make room for him.

Both wingers creating space through the middle for the on form Lasley and Jennoe to support Murphy and Sutton up front.

Good feeling about this one.

3-1. Murphy, Sutton and Hutchinson on the scoresheet. MOTM will be Jennings and we'll be 2-0 up before Kilmarnock score and we'll have a torrid time holding onto the lead before getting a corner and Hutchinson putting his head through the ball from said corner (delivered by Hammell)

I see the games on BBC Alba the night. Looking forward to the game but no doubt it will echo the games of Inverness and St Johnstone, due to weather and the pitch. Fancy our chances after the semi and with Killies danger man away, will go 2-1 for the well. Think it might be a frustrating night for both parties with that helmet o'reilly in charge.

We need to take 3 points tonight with our next two league matches after tonight coming at Aberdeen & Rangers which I don't see us bring home many points.

We are 14 points ahead of bottom club Hamilton at present who to be fair look hopeless but they are capable of putting together a solid run towards the end of the season like they did last year.

Still think there is a chance we could get dragged in unless we start to turn a couple of the draws into wins especially at home where we have have only picked up maximum points in 4 out of 11 matches.

Still available to go down at 150/1 for anyone who is as negative as me :rolleyes:

I see the games on BBC Alba the night. Looking forward to the game but no doubt it will echo the games of Inverness and St Johnstone, due to weather and the pitch. Fancy our chances after the semi and with Killies danger man away, will go 2-1 for the well. Think it might be a frustrating night for both parties with that helmet o'reilly in charge.

Can you pick up BBC Alba via Virgin Media?

Given the state of our pitch last week, I would think the best course of action would be to find some excuse/any excuse to get the game postponed.

If it was only superficially fucked last week with sand or whatever else excuses we chose to wheel out, it will be destroyed after a game in these conditions tonight.