Motherwell Vs Kilmarnock 02/02/2011

David

No he got talking to for his two footed 'jump'. bad for that he is but he played the ball cleanly which saved him from worse. The actual booking he got is a mystery. How it took so long for theat bnch of cluggers to get one sent off is another mystery. Yon O'Reilly is one strange fellow.

He is, in the first half you heard him shouting at jones to calm down after he was tackled to the ground. A few weird decisions and situations where we were playing advantage and he brought the play back

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange to say it but that's one of the more enjoyable defeats I've seen at Fir Park. I wondered if the fighting spirit we saw at Hampden would still be there on a pishing Wednesday night in front of 3000 folk, but it was definately there. Still very early days for McCall and it looks like we're on the edge of coming good. I think we've got enough to get us into top 6.

No he got talking to for his two footed 'jump'. bad for that he is but he played the ball cleanly which saved him from worse. The actual booking he got is a mystery. How it took so long for theat bnch of cluggers to get one sent off is another mystery. Yon O'Reilly is one strange fellow.

His booking was for a second two footed lunge, not quite as blatant as the first one though. Ref played on then pulled the game back, could see him pointing to the area of the earlier foul. I was actually surprised he go away with teh first one, definitely seen yellows and even reds for those type of challenges.

As much as it pains me to say it, I actually thought O'Reilly had a decent game. Tried to talk to people rather than just dish out cards left right and centre like he did when we played Hearts.

Did O'Reilly have a bet on a red card last night? Seemed like it to me :lol: . The one he gave to Hay was dubious to say the least! Was fed up with him stopping the play, talking to the player and telling him his life story then telling the player to be on his way! In the case where a ref isn't going to book the player, why can't they just let the game continue then on the way past, have a word. Breaking up the play and talking to a player for 2-3 mins then not producing a card is frustrating as hell!

Encouraging

• We are increasing in form every game
  • We must have had 65% of the possession and territory
  • We've robbed plenty of other teams in the past despite being particularly poor, things come back around and it all evens out.
  • I'm happy to put last night down to one of those nights where the ball never sat up for a strike (Jenno and Murphy), there was always a odd bounce or players off balance.
  • The pitch isn't as bad as everyone thought, didn't cut up at all, really impressed with the South goalmouth as it gets the least amount of sun.
  • Randolph was always going to make one error this season, I'm glad its out the way ... touch wood.

Disappointing

• The final score.
  • Ruthlessness in the final third.
  • Oversights by the defence (and Humphrey), i.e. short corner taken to edge of 18 yard box not picked up, 10 minutes later, same thing happened again.
  • Reluctance to sub Hammell.
  • If confidence takes a dip as a result.
  • I fear Jenno is leaving in the summer.

Gutted with the result last night. First half was pretty even and we couldn't argue going in at half time all square. Second half was probably our best SPL performance under McCall creating a lot of good chances where we should of scored at least 1 of them. Not signing a striker during the transfer window could be a disaster.

That's 6 games under McCall in the SPL and we've only scored in one of these games, we created next to nothing at Hamilton,Perth and Dundee but were unlucky not to score last night and against Inverness. We could get dragged into a relegation battle if our poor scoring form continues.

His booking was for a second two footed lunge, not quite as blatant as the first one though. Ref played on then pulled the game back, could see him pointing to the area of the earlier foul. I was actually surprised he go away with teh first one, definitely seen yellows and even reds for those type of challenges.

As much as it pains me to say it, I actually thought O'Reilly had a decent game. Tried to talk to people rather than just dish out cards left right and centre like he did when we played Hearts.

Well there you go I didn't see another lunge, he was lucky to escape a card for the first one, McCall needs to have a word about those kind of challenges.

Problem is O'Reilly had a decent game by his own standards but was still honking. ^_^

First post folks but a think the game last nyt is just what it is goin to be like for the rest of the season with the strikers that we have, we have played hamilton, inverness, st johnstone, dundee utd and kilmarnock since mccall took over and failed to score in any of they games. The strikers we have offer alot to the team with sutton holding the ball up and winning headers and murphy taking on players but he is looking very weak and lacking confidence and thats a problem with alot of the players, have lost confidence. We did play well last night but football is all about scoring and we just arent doing that at the moment. if u dont score then we can play as good as we like and look amazing but we arent going to win games if we dont score simple as that

Don't get all this relegation patter at all.

Hamilton are 14 points and 24 goals behind us to start with, which means they need to win 5 games more than us in the remainder of the season, or draw 15, while we at the same time lose 15 (or a combination of the two).

St Mirren are 10 points and 19 goals behind.

Hamilton and St Mirren also need to play each other, thus either or both dropping points.

Did O'Reilly have a bet on a red card last night? Seemed like it to me ^_^ . The one he gave to Hay was dubious to say the least! Was fed up with him stopping the play, talking to the player and telling him his life story then telling the player to be on his way! In the case where a ref isn't going to book the player, why can't they just let the game continue then on the way past, have a word. Breaking up the play and talking to a player for 2-3 mins then not producing a card is frustrating as hell!

While possibly not to the letter of the law, that fucker Hay deserved the red card for the cynicism of the trip alone. Humph was way past him and he just put him up in the air.

While possibly not to the letter of the law, that fucker Hay deserved the red card for the cynicism of the trip alone. Humph was way past him and he just put him up in the air.

One of many such incidents I'm afraid. He decided to "take one for the team" and rightly paid the penalty for it. No sympathy for him absolutely none.

not having a go at you, i just think we've been dropping points by small margins for a while and it has to be taken into consideration.

accies - missed a pen and should have had another one

hibs - saunders equalises with a good goal offside

st mirren - jennings and gow missed sitters, higdon should have been off

hearts - murphy misses a header from 6 yards with five mins to go

rangers - pumped

celtic - they score with a huge deflection. hateley shites out a good chance at the end

accies - murphy hits bar

dundee united - humphrey hits a header straight at the goalie at 1-1 with five minutes to go

ict - both sides were unlucky

st j - murphy shot hits sutton on the line, they get a dodgy pen

rangers - haddy edu fires in a 30 yarder. alexander flukes save at end

tonight - nae luck at all

it just seem that nothing is going for us at all this season. going right back to the hibs game at the start of the season with missed chances and shite refereeing. we missed loads of chances and had a couple of stonewall pens denied against odense. the maloney dive against celtic. jenno missing the header against aberdeen.

last season everything went for us, this season it's not happening.

Great points there mate, if they had went our way we would be clear in 4th right now and maybe have been challenging near the top. Hopefully we can get some of that luck from now until the end of the season.

seems when we were playing god awful football, winning, but with no long term plan, zero entertainment, many were happy. Tho, it would appear attendances were in decline.

Yet it seems we've started to play football the right way again, results aint happening, and the folkes aint happy! (playing decent football on awful pitches i would add)

We are never going to win the league under current restrictions, and might fluke a cup win, so the least i expect is to be entertained. We've been through this before, just after the administration period, we played good football, but due to restrictions/experience in the squad positive results took a while coming. Given time, and a few additions, the results will come. We are fortunate that their are teams who although have bigger squads their first 11 is below average. This should give us the freedom to try a few things, i.e. big Casa getting a chance. It might not work, but hopefully we will gear up for next season.

Delighted with the win and without a doubt was by far the worse we have played all season.

Pitch didn't help either team but Motherwell adapted to it better.

Erememnko had a poor game by his standards but his ball for the disallowed goal was sublime.

Only downside of the night was queuing for 10 mins in the pissing rain, one turnstyle open and then getting about 50 folk from the front and being told the section was full. Had to then walk to the opposite end of the stand, wait in the rain again and then finally get in!

Hopefully that is our bad performance out of the way for a while, as it was night and day compared to the way we have been playing.

Would never have said this in August but we missed Sammon. Bryson and Hamill were big misses too.

Hopefully be a better game next month.

Eremenko's no a happy bunny. Still, not as if it's something we don't know about them from Ibrox......

Kilmarnock midfielder Alexei Eremenko claims he spends his time in Scottish football trying to avoid getting his leg broken by hatchet men - and singled out Rangers as being particularly brutal.

The talented Finland international has found himself the subject of some harsh treatment since arriving on loan from Metalist Kharkiv last summer. Eremenko, 27, came in for some particularly close attention in the 3-0 Scottish Cup defeat by the Light Blues at Ibrox last month when Steven Davis and Steven Naismith both picked up yellow cards for fouls on him.

His frustration boiled over against Dundee United at Rugby Park almost a fortnight ago when he was shown a straight red card for his reaction to a foul by Scott Robertson. The former FC Saturn playmaker, who returned from suspension for Wednesday's 1-0 win over Motherwell at Fir Park, moaned about his visit to Govan as he revealed his strategy for preventing serious injury.

"In Scotland it is physical and they like playing hard and I have nothing against playing hard," he said. "But it's crazy to think there are people who would try to injure you or break somebody's leg. Against Rangers I felt the tackles were pretty bad, some of them were really, really shocking.

"I remember taking the ball to the corner and they just smashed me. I think about trying to avoid the dangerous tackles and I've been good at that. People think I jump because I'm trying to get a free-kick but I'm jumping to protect myself.

"If I stay on the ground when someone is going to tackle me then they are going to break my leg. There are nutcases in every country and I don't think they are going out to deliberately hurt me although maybe managers are telling them to play hard with me. Maybe they want me to lose my temper but we are all human."

Eremenko's no a happy bunny. Still, not as if it's something we don't know about them from Ibrox......

Kilmarnock midfielder Alexei Eremenko claims he spends his time in Scottish football trying to avoid getting his leg broken by hatchet men - and singled out Rangers as being particularly brutal.

The talented Finland international has found himself the subject of some harsh treatment since arriving on loan from Metalist Kharkiv last summer. Eremenko, 27, came in for some particularly close attention in the 3-0 Scottish Cup defeat by the Light Blues at Ibrox last month when Steven Davis and Steven Naismith both picked up yellow cards for fouls on him.

His frustration boiled over against Dundee United at Rugby Park almost a fortnight ago when he was shown a straight red card for his reaction to a foul by Scott Robertson. The former FC Saturn playmaker, who returned from suspension for Wednesday's 1-0 win over Motherwell at Fir Park, moaned about his visit to Govan as he revealed his strategy for preventing serious injury.

"In Scotland it is physical and they like playing hard and I have nothing against playing hard," he said. "But it's crazy to think there are people who would try to injure you or break somebody's leg. Against Rangers I felt the tackles were pretty bad, some of them were really, really shocking.

"I remember taking the ball to the corner and they just smashed me. I think about trying to avoid the dangerous tackles and I've been good at that. People think I jump because I'm trying to get a free-kick but I'm jumping to protect myself.

"If I stay on the ground when someone is going to tackle me then they are going to break my leg. There are nutcases in every country and I don't think they are going out to deliberately hurt me although maybe managers are telling them to play hard with me. Maybe they want me to lose my temper but we are all human."

Rangers kicked him off the park that night, was shocking.

A stonger Ref would have clamped down on it.

Great points there mate, if they had went our way we would be clear in 4th right now and maybe have been challenging near the top. Hopefully we can get some of that luck from now until the end of the season.

And if my auntie had baws she would be my uncle........

I know where you are coming from, not only on the pitch but off the pitch this year we have had one hell of an unlucky time of it, we are due a rub of the green... shame there isnae much of it at Fir Park.

Not bad luck just bad decision making by the management team. Stevie Hammell pulled up and indicated he wanted to come off. The management team told him to stay on despite Craigan's pleading. You could see the Killie bench telling Clancy to start bombing up and down the wing and Stevie couldn't track back. The rest is history. Quite a few POD Stand punters weren't pleased at Black & McCall, but everyone is entitled to make mistakes.

Fair enough - first time I was aware of it was when Craigan signalling and by then nobody had time to strip and get on. All in though the defence was stretched due to an injury which is why they scored not because we defended badly solely because we can't defend.

The play went on for about five minutes it seemed before the ball went out. Couldn't believe he had remembered. Swine. Thought the ref was all right too but sending Hay off while maybe deserved for cynicism by the letter of the law was probably a tad harsh. But again like someone said I find it hard to have much sympathy for him.

The defending for the goal, like Rangers second in the semi final, was fucking crimminal. Seems to me like it was the same player on both occassions that was nowhere even near making a challenge. A total free header for both goals! Really really slack.

Hopefully be a better game next month.

Yeah, we hope that you play us of the park then we score a breakaway winner then. Wanker.