Jim Gannon

Welldaft Mk1

There are some on this board that felt Gannon was wrongly hounded out of Fir Park......

Pressure Grows On Gannon

If rumours circulating in the Potteries are anything to go by, Vale boss Jim Gannon is under increasing pressure to save his job[/font] only 5 games into his managerial reign. The former Stockport County and Motherwell manager has endured a difficult start to life at Vale Park, where stories abound of dressing room unrest.

Speculation has been rife that following tonight`s game with Rotherham United, Gannon could be relieved of his managerial duties. Following the appointment of two new members of his backroom staff yesterday (Andy Mulliner and Ben Cooper) the move seems unlikely on the face of things.

Read more: http://www.portvale.vitalfootball.co.uk/ar...9#ixzz1ChnFuS7C

He is a total loose Gannon!

Seriously though, why does he keep getting employed in football? He obviously has major man management problems.

He will probably get fired and then some other club will take a punt on him with a total disregard for his employment history.

Football clubs are their own worst enemies sometimes.

There are some on this board that felt Gannon was wrongly hounded out of Fir Park......

Pressure Grows On Gannon

If rumours circulating in the Potteries are anything to go by, Vale boss Jim Gannon is under increasing pressure to save his job only 5 games into his managerial reign. The former Stockport County and Motherwell manager has endured a difficult start to life at Vale Park, where stories abound of dressing room unrest.

Speculation has been rife that following tonight`s game with Rotherham United, Gannon could be relieved of his managerial duties. Following the appointment of two new members of his backroom staff yesterday (Andy Mulliner and Ben Cooper) the move seems unlikely on the face of things.

Read more: http://www.portvale.vitalfootball.co.uk/ar...9#ixzz1ChnFuS7C

This makes me laugh, because Gannon is a wank

and a shite manager

fullstop <_>

Or another team of lazy c***s that don't like it up them

Gullible gullible people you are

footballers are different to us normal plebs - I mean, heaven forbid they should have to do some work

breakfast made for them, lunch made for them, clothes and kit washed and ironed for them, boots cleaned for them - work half a day, day off here and get paid handsomely for it

Can we not remember Calum Elliot moaning that he had "long" days?

Would be my thinking.

A molly cuddled bunch of players who will be shy of some serious graft and home truths that'll dent the precious wee souls ego's.

People in everyday life will have much worse bastards than Gannon in charge at their places of work and just have to get on with it.

Would be my thinking.

A molly cuddled bunch of players who will be shy of some serious graft and home truths that'll dent the precious wee souls ego's. People in everyday life will have much worse bastards than Gannon in charge at their places of work and just have to get on with it.

My gaffer is an Airdrie fan <_>

footballers are different to us normal plebs - I mean, heaven forbid they should have to do some work

breakfast made for them, lunch made for them, clothes and kit washed and ironed for them, boots cleaned for them - work half a day, day off here and get paid handsomely for it

Can we not remember Calum Elliot moaning that he had "long" days?

Indeed. Football could do with a lot more Jim Gannons kicking some primadonna arses.

Would be my thinking.

A molly cuddled bunch of players who will be shy of some serious graft and home truths that'll dent the precious wee souls ego's.

Yep, and the older players that think they have a God given right be in the team every week that take the huff when they are dropped for a youngster with potential (Or because they are playing like a donkey).

Gannon himself is a bit of a primadonna, not all the players fault.

Everywhere he has been he has fallon out with chairmen, or refs, or players

No that was here.

Stockport went OK. Peterborough went OK

What the fuck are you actually talking about.

Refs? The very same refs that we talk about? Other managers talk about? The very same refs that you were moaning about no later than yesterday FFS???? <_>

I think that Gannon has the potential to be a good manager. His views on the way the game should be played are right (IMHO). However, I think he has a problem in dealing with folk. I have no problem with him getting players to do more and upsetting those that are in their comfort zone. But he needs to do this in a way that does not allienate the players en masse.

He seems to be able to instill confidence in young players (Fear factor?) but gets the back up of established players (if stories are to be believed). I think he may need to change his ways or his potential may remain unfulfilled especially if he gets punted so soon into his time with Port Vale.

Would be my thinking.

People in everyday life will have much worse bastards than Gannon in charge at their places of work and just have to get on with it.

You could say that, but if this is true then its becoming a pretty common theme with Jim Gannon. Is he then worth the risk to a football club by coming in and upsetting the most important asset of a football club - the players?

I'm not sure who is right and who is wrong, but if I owned a football club I would have major concerns employing the guy.

What I observed from afar was that Gannon at Motherwell has caused quite a fresh breeze. Not everyone can use his special way is clear to me. But it worked for other clubs. Just not at Motherwell. Whatever. But I would not generalize that always bears the blame Gannon. He's have a line manager, not everyone likes, or not good for some clubs.

You will laugh but reminds me in some way to Van Gaal at Bayern. Only Van Gaal is much more difficult than Gannon. In my opinion.

No that was here.

Refs? The very same refs that we talk about? Other managers talk about? The very same refs that you were moaning about no later than yesterday FFS???? <_>

He had plenty of falling outs at County. Do a little search, first team players, the chairmen (old?), BSkyB, referees, etc all felt it while he was at Stockport. Hell the Country fans that even came on here singing his praises even said it would happen.

Of course, all the talk that the players got him sacked at Motherwell is bull-shit. And the fact that unrest has been reported at now the third of five clubs he has managed then it must be just a "Motherwell thing". The guy could be an excellent manager at the very lower levels where he'd be the big shot. Poor Vale fans, looked like it was going to be a very good season for them too...

Tamy agreed, but van Gaal has the CV to be more difficult. Gannon hasn't not from playing or managing tbh.

No that was here.

At Dundalk he was ok

At stockport he kicked off about premier league teams taking a look at his players by sending scouts to games to watch them

He also refused to give an interview to sky about something to do with his own sky tv he had in his house

Ill give you peterborough apart from not signing a longer contract because he didnt want to be there anymore and he couldnt save them from relegation

But he went to the papers about his spat with Hugh Dallas, and made us sound like celtic with his public spat with him, there are ways to do things and for a manager of a football club i dont think going to the press about ref issued is the right thing to do. Im not saying i dont have a go, but im a fan and im on a forum its not like in getting interviewed for the paper

We all know Steve you love Gannon and that's fine i did always give him credit for his love of using youth players, i just dont think he's that good a manager :P

Gullible gullible people you are

You don't believe that's why he never worked out here?

With the same Motherwell team that did well under McGhee partially through the extra level of fitness they got from his double training sessions and training every Sunday? (we all saw how well that went down with the genuinely lazy bassas up in Tcheuchterland.)

I think Gannon had something about him that could make him a great manager, his personality is getting in the way of that.

His not lasting at Motherwell was nothing to do with Lazy players and everything to do with him being offensive to many people within Fir Park, in the playing and non-playing staff.

You don't believe that's why he never worked out here?

With the same Motherwell team that did well under McGhee partially through the extra level of fitness they got from his double training sessions and training every Sunday? (we all saw how well that went down with the genuinely lazy bassas up in Tcheuchterland.)

I think Gannon had something about him that could make him a great manager, his personality is getting in the way of that.

His not lasting at Motherwell was nothing to do with Lazy players and everything to do with him being offensive to many people within Fir Park, in the playing and non-playing staff.

That sums it up i think,

he has a lot of skills and a way with working a team, a bit like Le guen did and john collins did but scottish players dont like it.

His personality gets in the way and overshadows his skills as a manager

An absolute cock of a man. A 'mate of a mate' played under him at Stockport and he was apparently just a nasty bully who wasn't slow to dish out a serious amount of anti-Irish hatred at the guy (somewhat ironically). Is that sort of thing OK in football these days then?

Nah, if you had a boss like him at work, he'd get the bums rush and rightly so.

An absolute cock of a man. A 'mate of a mate' played under him at Stockport and he was apparently just a nasty bully who wasn't slow to dish out a serious amount of anti-Irish hatred at the guy (somewhat ironically). Is that sort of thing OK in football these days then?

Nah, if you had a boss like him at work, he'd get the bums rush and rightly so.

Gannon threw out anti Irish chat to someone? <_>