Stuart Mccall On Ssn

real dosser

Just seen McCall give an interview on SSN where he said the player they were trying to get won't be allowed to leave their present club till the summer. Presumably that means his contract is up and he can go where he wants then.

He also said that deals for other players they were after fell through because of players wage demands or clubs looking for money to let them come up to Scotland.

Says its been the most frustrating 48 hours in his time in managemant.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excuses excuses, McCall was brought in due to his "extensive contacts" etc down south and couldnt even get us 1 striker? Either McCall is not being backed by the board or he`s going after the wrong players but someones making a c**t of it here. And now were left praying nothing happens to Sutton + Murphy or were faced with the prospect of depending on 17 + 19 year olds to score the goals for the team (id add Casagolda but as he`s STILL not getting a decent chance Im assuming McCall thinks he`s shite and not worth a game)

Bit like all the loans we brought in last January.

I think people are a bit concerned as last January it was one out (McGarry) and one in (McGlinchey). The fact we retained Ruddy and Lukas meant it wasn't that bad a window. The squad wasn't weakened in any way.

This time it is four out and two in and imo the squad has been weakened.....in the forward line anyway. Suspensions/Injuries to Sutton and Murphy and we will be in trouble. Right now I don't fancy giving McHugh or Smith a longterm starting berth in the team.

Sorry but i dont buy this crap at all. We've ALWAYS been able to atract loan deals from England Porter; Juckiewitz and Blackman to name 3. I think the problem is they dont RATE HIM enough to send their players up north. Are they seriously trying to bullshit us. If Brown had still been with us we'd've got loan players in no probs. We've a good reputation in England for looking after and progressing loan deals so this is crap. Im now regretting us in appointing McCall and that's our chances of top 6 fecked. Im really pissed off. :lol:. Just about all our competitors strenthened. We're short up front and with McHugh out injured what happens now? ;)

Sorry but i dont buy this crap at all. We've ALWAYS been able to atract loan deals from England Porter; Juckiewitz and Blackman to name 3. I think the problem is they dont RATE HIM enough to send their players up north. Are they seriously trying to bullshit us. If Brown had still been with us we'd've got loan players in no probs. We've a good reputation in England for looking after and progressing loan deals so this is crap. Im now regretting us in appointing McCall and that's our chances of top 6 fecked. Im really pissed off. :lol: . Just about all our competitors strenthened. We're short up front and with McHugh out injured what happens now? ;)

that could be your answer. Jones + Gunning came in and Fitzy + Gow left, We had Reynolds + Blackmans combined wages to finance other signings and couldnt manage 1? with bringing in £100/150k cash for Reynolds + £150/200k for the cup semi,as well as the extra £80k for our Dundee cup game on sky there must have been a few pennies to cover a loan fee or two? amazed there was no budget for this. And very fucked off McCall couldnt do his job either, doesnt bode well for the future

IMO The club has scored an o.g. here.

We've cleared the decks and reduced the squad to a bare minimum with the hope of rebuilding the team in key areas. Unfortunately, this hasn't happened during the window and we're left with a young group of players who have played in the majority of matches, including european ties. Injury, loss of form and tiredness will hit in sooner rather than later and what happens then, other than a rapid drop down the league.

Quotes though from Derek Weir did worry me.

I know folks on this board know him and speak highly of him. But, I hope he isn't one of these corporate bean counter types, that make financial savings, unaware of the knock on effect within the fabric of the club.

It certainly looks like a £££ tightening within the club and comes across as we're nieve enough to hope we can play out for a top 6 placing. That doesn't look possible at present.

I'm beginning to wonder if challanging for a european place, threw up a financial deficit on the books.

Anyway, its purely speculation on my part, but, if Derek Weir or Leeanne Dempster want to clarify any points raised, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have heard that McCall did try to get a few new faces in, but their clubs wanted a loan fee.

No point in us splashing some cash for short term fixes. I would assume McCall has two lists he has drawn up - guys on loan to help in the short-term and out-of-contract guys to come in during summer for the longer term. No point in jeapordising long-range plans for short-term gain and I'm fine with that. Give our own lads a sniff in the meantime.

No point in us splashing some cash for short term fixes. I would assume McCall has two lists he has drawn up - guys on loan to help in the short-term and out-of-contract guys to come in during summer for the longer term. No point in jeapordising long-range plans for short-term gain and I'm fine with that. Give our own lads a sniff in the meantime.

Agree with that generally speaking but on this occasion we have been left with a squad that is not well equipped to achieve top 6 status. Failure to nail top 6 will put any long term plans in severe jeopardy; particularly when you consider the prospect of 3 teams being relegated next season.

I think he should have just signed any old shite just to shut people up on these boards. there is hardly any decent players out there in January. The real test is in the summer.

Cannae argue with that. Plenty of folk on here come across as though they'd actually rather sign shite for sheer sake of it, rather than sign no one.

The January transfer window is a load of shite for clubs like Motherwell. It's for clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool to splash out big transfer fees on players. For teams like us, the summer is the main deal.

The news that we didn't sign anyone before the deadline must have been met with a sharp increase in prescriptions for beta blockers in Motherwell.

I think he should have just signed any old shite just to shut people up on these boards. there is hardly any decent players out there in January. The real test is in the summer.

I don't think thats most folks arguement.

It's about letting players go and then not being able to replace them, in an already paper thin squad.

I just think it sends out all the wrong messages and possibly hampers any possible signings and future re-signings.

But cannae believe you think all this money in the pot will be used to build up the team in the summer :P

I don't think thats most folks arguement.

It's about letting players go and then not being able to replace them, in an already paper thin squad.

I just think it sends out all the wrong messages and possibly hampers any possible signings and future re-signings.

But cannae believe you think all this money in the pot will be used to build up the team in the summer :P

Who did we actually let go?

Reynolds fair enough but we got much needed cash for him and it will rise if Wednesday are promoted. We haven't really missed him as we have a more than capable replacement.

Blackman - was going anyway and we tried to get him back but he rejected us. We signed Grella and if it wasn't for 30 odd fucking minutes he would have been a replacement for Blackman.

Fitzy - A lot of people are happy with this and we have replaced him with Jones.

Right I'm struggling to think of any others that have left never mind players who we let leave.

And just how it hampers future signing is beyond me.

Edit: Before you mention Gow he hardly kicked a ball and wasn't worth his wage.

Yes we missed out on Grella but as McCall quoted...Agents had his phone ringing all day and the best he could come up with was a trial for Pedro Mutinho!!! :P:wub: . I wasn't jubilant about his appontment and so far im getting less jubilant every move he makes. Kenny Black as his number 2?? Feck off!!

Yes we missed out on Grella but as McCall quoted...Agents had his phone ringing all day and the best he could come up with was a trial for Pedro Mutinho!!! :P:wub: . I wasn't jubilant about his appontment and so far im getting less jubilant every move he makes. Kenny Black as his number 2?? Feck off!!

So he had a look at Mutinho and then got shot of him. I quite liked that move myself. It shows he is a good judge of a player and won't sign any striker just because he is available ie Casagolda.