Stuart Mccall On Ssn

real dosser

Who did we actually let go?

Reynolds fair enough but we got much needed cash for him and it will rise if Wednesday are promoted. We haven't really missed him as we have a more than capable replacement.

Blackman - was going anyway and we tried to get him back but he rejected us. We signed Grella and if it wasn't for 30 odd fucking minutes he would have been a replacement for Blackman.

Fitzy - A lot of people are happy with this and we have replaced him with Jones.

Right I'm struggling to think of any others that have left never mind players who we let leave.

And just how it hampers future signing is beyond me.

Edit: Before you mention Gow he hardly kicked a ball and wasn't worth his wage.

Surely, having a team pushing for europe or top half is more appealing to potential players than one struggling with a threadbare squad near the bottom.

Money talks as well, but , you've got to have something positive.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am against signing fees for loans in general, but surely with getting £400k this month we would NEVER have budgeted for it would have made sense to release a small amount to ensure we get someone to score goals?

I do not in any way want MFC to sign shite for the sake of it but the fact is we have 4 strikers at the moment in Murphy,Sutton,Casagolda and Smith (McHugh as well but he`s out for 6 weeks) Casagolda has been fit almost all season and started 1 game,that should tell you enough there about his ability, Smith went to Dumbarton and was shite by all accounts so it sounds like he aint anywhere near ready for 1st team football so what exactly do we do if Sutton or Murphy get injured/suspended? were struggling enough as it is with Sutts + Murph up top, we desperately needed a striker this month and didnt get one,thats why people are unhappy.

McCall was brought to the club because of his contacts in english football, he had a decent amount to spend on wages and a month to sign a striker and he failed! Either the board has failed to support him even a small amount or McCall has failed in his job to replace what weve lost. Either way it doesnt fill you with confidence and the team is far weaker than it was at the beginning of the month

i am against signing fees for loans in general, but surely with getting £400k this month we would NEVER have budgeted for it would have made sense to release a small amount to ensure we get someone to score goals?

And failure to balance the books helps us how? Likely used to plug holes (not literally) in previous defecit and keep wheels in motion to see this season out no?

Understanding of squad strength with regards those no longer employed, information wasn't to expect much movement and it's proved same. It's easy to trot our five near misses in the market... Bode well for the future? Time will tell. Don't think he or the darkie has the minerals.

I don't think thats most folks arguement.

It's about letting players go and then not being able to replace them, in an already paper thin squad.

Pretty much with you on that Al. I'm not for blowing cash for the sake of it, but this smacks of short term gain long term loss. What would it have cost to have brought in a good striker on loan for say 4 months? Maybe 15 X £4,000 a week = £60,000. Now there's no guarantees of course but that could translate into a higher league placing or two worth say £80K/160K + increased crowds. The probability is that it would at worst break even. Thats not even taking into account a decent cup run.

As it is I can foresee us finishing in about 9th or 10th place.

Our squad was paper thin at the turn of the year and we lost 4 members of that and only replaced two. Its not rocket science to envisage that even one or two suspensions or injuries at the wrong time could be very damaging for us.

No wanting to burst anyone's bubble here but what do people REALISTICALLY think McCalls budget was for this window?? The figures that i was quoted were....difficult to say the least.

Of course it could be absolute bollocks am not going to pretend it was from some brilliant source. I'd just like to know what peoples expectation on budget were for this window,especially at a time when the Scottish economy not to mention Scottish football is on it's erse...

On monetary value I have no clue what the budget would be - however I think one player for 6 months was the realistic expectation and two for 6 months would be a bonus.

Income over expenditure I imagine won't make for good reading over the last wee while.

The income from recent transfers and cup ties won't have boosted the club running costs budget as much as people think - so I imagine the player budget has been squeezed again.

Fingers crossed for a couple more of the young guys establishing themselves as regulars.

Fingers and toes crossed for the pitch holding up and this years stadium upkeep bill being 'manageable'.

As Steelboy says the accounts will make interesting reading. I imagine we'll still be keeping our heads above water but a couple of worrying trends will be starting to rear their ugly head.

Barring getting relegated and feel free to bookmark this and remind me about it come end of the season should things go horribly wrong, we have very little to get upset about so really get a fucking grip people.

Ok so we got a small squad and arguably not even a particuarly good one. We've had one Hampden day out, we have a favourible cup draw in the Scottish and in the league we look fairly safe.

So maybe the league isn't going to be much to write home about, big fucking deal. We have no divine right to be in the hunt for europe every season. I'd say it would be nice but then again maybe not, all consistent success seems to do is turn most fans into over demanding weans that spit the dummy soon as things take a downturn.

If McCall can steer us to the end of the season without the spectre of relegation opening up then job done, if the cup run gets us to Hampden again then fanbloodytastic as it keeps it interesting, but we are all well aware that we aren't a club with the funds or the prestige to click our fingers and get quality players tripping over themselves to sign.

So in short just get behind the manager and the team in the short term and judge the man on what he does over the longer period. prefarably next season when he's had months to sort out getting players in and plenty time to work with what he already has.

The negativity on here is horrendous, and I'm not saying I never feel it but barring collectively Scottish fitba gorwing some balls and stopping letting the old firm ream us things are always gonna be somewhat bleak and if you can't deal with it I suggest stepping away from it and stop letting it get you so worked up. It a game of fitba, some perspective on its importance is well needed in here.

Barring getting relegated and feel free to bookmark this and remind me about it come end of the season should things go horribly wrong, we have very little to get upset about so really get a fucking grip people.

Ok so we got a small squad and arguably not even a particuarly good one. We've had one Hampden day out, we have a favourible cup draw in the Scottish and in the league we look fairly safe.

So maybe the league isn't going to be much to write home about, big fucking deal. We have no divine right to be in the hunt for europe every season. I'd say it would be nice but then again maybe not, all consistent success seems to do is turn most fans into over demanding weans that spit the dummy soon as things take a downturn.

If McCall can steer us to the end of the season without the spectre of relegation opening up then job done, if the cup run gets us to Hampden again then fanbloodytastic as it keeps it interesting, but we are all well aware that we aren't a club with the funds or the prestige to click our fingers and get quality players tripping over themselves to sign.

So in short just get behind the manager and the team in the short term and judge the man on what he does over the longer period. prefarably next season when he's had months to sort out getting players in and plenty time to work with what he already has.

The negativity on here is horrendous, and I'm not saying I never feel it but barring collectively Scottish fitba gorwing some balls and stopping letting the old firm ream us things are always gonna be somewhat bleak and if you can't deal with it I suggest stepping away from it and stop letting it get you so worked up. It a game of fitba, some perspective on its importance is well needed in here.

The problem,at least in my eyes is that even although weve had success in recent seasons the squad is STILL shrinking, weve had successive seasons in europe,top 4 finishes and now cup semi finals and STILL we lose player after player without replacing the most important ones! now were dropping like a stone in the league,have a management team who look like they cant manage to sell the club enough to bring new players in so where does it end? how much more can we cut away from the squad? if we end up 10th this season,which I feel is more than likely given our inability to score goals and paper thin squad,how many more players will we see leave + not replaced? will we see anyone at all come in during the summer if we dont manage top 6 or even 7th or 8th? its certainly not looking too good at the moment

now were dropping like a stone in the league,have a management team who look like they cant manage to sell the club enough to bring new players in so where does it end?

Overreaction here may be an understatement!!!!

"Dropping Like a Stone in the League" - aw in tonight puts us 2 points behind Killie with a game in hand - hardly falling into a relegation battle!

" A Management Team who look like they cant manage to sell the club" - cmon now you are getting ridiculous. Our management team were clearly working to try and bring players in and for reasons outside their control they were unable to do so - I dont see anyone saying "they are shite - no way i'm going up there!!"

Honestly some people need to get a grip, if we had signed someone as a squad player people would be saying its a waste of a wage and hampering our younger players - we havent brought anyone in and we all want our pound of flesh because we may need to rely on younger players and the squad isn't big enough?!

The manger and the club have acknowledged that the squad size is small, and have tried to rectidfy it - and still have the possibility to do so with free agents etc. It's times like this the club need evryones support more - come the summer this time next year when another 2 transfer windows are over and we are "dropping down the league like a stone" then by all means have a go - in the meantime stop bleating like spoilt brats and get behind the club!

In October? we were 5 points or something clear in 3rd, now were 8th,that is a big drop over 3 months. Did i say anything about relegation? apparently McCall said we got knocked back by 5 targets on deadline day, that to go with the fact he stated his phone was "ringing off the hook" and the result was a player who was ineligible and nothing else? (I am talking about strikers) that suggests to me there is a problem somewhere, either the board is not supporting him, McCall cant sell the club or he is going after the wrong players from the start,either way its not an ideal situation!

We are wafer thin in the striker department, and my point about Gary Smith is that he didnt impress at Dumbarton for whatever reason and to me,that looks like he isnt ready for 1st team football at the moment,I liked the look of him seeing him come on v Breibablik but it wouldnt be fair on the lad pushing him into the team and depending on him to win games for us but thats the realistic fact if we lose Sutton/Murphy or both over the next 6 weeks. The rest of the squad I reckon is fine, I wana see Meechan,Page etc given games but up front we needed a striker desperately and failed.

His phone ringing off the hook, and no signings coming out of it isn't necessarily something that should herald widespread panic....

Agents will ring several managers trying to move on their clients, it could simply be that several other managers also received the same calls but were in a position to offer higher wages, or that the majority of the players would have covered positions that weren't deemed to be a priority for Motherwell.

Also, 5 points clear in third - it's extremely harsh to pin the blame for that no longer being the case on Stuart McCall, the vast majority of the results that ended that weren't on his watch.

His phone ringing off the hook, and no signings coming out of it isn't necessarily something that should herald widespread panic....

Agents will ring several managers trying to move on their clients, it could simply be that several other managers also received the same calls but were in a position to offer higher wages, or that the majority of the players would have covered positions that weren't deemed to be a priority for Motherwell.

Also, 5 points clear in third - it's extremely harsh to pin the blame for that no longer being the case on Stuart McCall, the vast majority of the results that ended that weren't on his watch.

Sorry, wasnt pinning the blame on McCall for that,lol, as you said most games were before he even came here,its not been the greatest start from McCall but my saying that were dropping further down the league was just to highlight the need for a striker to help us score and start winning games

The problem,at least in my eyes is that even although weve had success in recent seasons the squad is STILL shrinking, weve had successive seasons in europe,top 4 finishes and now cup semi finals and STILL we lose player after player without replacing the most important ones! now were dropping like a stone in the league,have a management team who look like they cant manage to sell the club enough to bring new players in so where does it end? how much more can we cut away from the squad? if we end up 10th this season,which I feel is more than likely given our inability to score goals and paper thin squad,how many more players will we see leave + not replaced? will we see anyone at all come in during the summer if we dont manage top 6 or even 7th or 8th? its certainly not looking too good at the moment

Well think we been saying this kinda of thing for a good while by and large, many tumes in the last 10 seasons we've seen more players considered first team squad players go out than came in.

One january transfer window is far to soon to say McCall can't get players, sure he putting a positive spin on it but sounds like we had players interested and circumstances haven't been great. Could easily have had, Jones, Gunning and Grella in for a start.

And quite frankly we could finish anywhere between 4th and 11th and chances are the summer will seem much the same, waiting and waiting on players and worrying about who'll we have in.

As a broad support we need just take a deep breath and relax, get behind team tonight and hope a positive result gets things looking brighter again. If it doesn't happen then damn well hope saturday goes well or we really can start to enjoy the doom and gloom possibilities. Things aren't great, they could be worse but I don't see great changes one way or the other happening any time soon.

As for the scenario you predict, look at Killie this season to last. A bad end to the season is no help but it doesn't guarantee we stuck on an endless slippery slope.

Overreaction here may be an understatement!!!!

"Dropping Like a Stone in the League" - aw in tonight puts us 2 points behind Killie with a game in hand - hardly falling into a relegation.

A loss tonight will see us 8pts behind them if you want to be pedantic!! And still behind Utd, St Johnstone, and an ICT team who haven't won since September! That to me is a bad decline! Nobody is blaming McCall for the league form/position just yet! But failure to win at least two out the next 5 games I think wil leave us in serious danger of finishing 10th! Thats a fair whack of revenue re top six crowds and league placing that we can ill afford to lose.

A loss tonight will see us 8pts behind them if you want to be pedantic!! And still behind Utd, St Johnstone, and an ICT team who haven't won since September! That to me is a bad decline! Nobody is blaming McCall for the league form/position just yet! But failure to win at least two out the next 5 games I think wil leave us in serious danger of finishing 10th! Thats a fair whack of revenue re top six crowds and league placing that we can ill afford to lose.

I am going to be pedantic now but September :rolleyes:

They have actually won 5 times since September ended :doh:

I think you mean November.