Stranraer Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jennings received a second booking of the competition for a mistimed tackle, which will see him suspended for the quarter-final.

With Lasley a doubt even this far in advance of the Quarter-Finals (by all accounts a nasty rib injury) we'll be struggling in the middle.

was at the game today wasnt the best got soaked but had a good day out credit to stranraer they kept coming at us and never really gave up. Those who were there did u see the size of there no 7 what a big dude he was. Bring on anybody in the next round except the old firm

Stranraer played us brilliantly, never let us settle were in about us start to finish. They have some pacy players who were ghosting past our 5 man midfield like it wasn't there and a fucking giant of a man in Armand One.

Charlie Richmond(Ref) was his usual shite self slamming us but letting the opposition away wtih all sorts, although I thought for certain Hutchy was getting a straight red so sigh of relief there but couldnae wait to book jenno I think it gave him a hard on.

Casagolda was shite, Gunning laid on a perfect ball for him and he was a yard short of it then fluffed at a few other chances.

Cracking ground though pitch would put a lot of SPL grounds to shame.

All in all good day out stopped for chips on the way back and nicked into the Harbour bar at Girvan for a cheeky pint on the way back up.

Roll on the draw for the 1/4s a decent draw could see us back at hampden

Great day out.

We never looked in any danger in my opinion, didn't need to get out of first gear and didn't really break sweat. Jones and Gunning had good games and the pitch was brilliant- even after all the rain through the match, only the goals really cut up. Simplicity is the key.

Not a great performance but job done so can't complain too much, need to be more clinical in front of goal though when we play better opposition.

Decent wee ground where you had the choice to sit or stand and good prices for admission/food, the way Scottish Fitba should be.

Good day out apart from the bus breaking down in Ayr on the way home.

Very poor performance and few pass marks. Fair dos to Stranraer they played very well and with a wee bit of composure and luck might have nicked a goal which would certainly have made things interesting. Nice to see the ground improvements from the last time I was down there - auld garden shed selling the pies now replaced with a proper 'kiosk' ;) Oh and I think they'd taken the flymo to tidy-up the terracing. :O

I think our performance was poor with a few out of sorts but to their credit the application was spot on and even with some below par if an SPL team has the right attitude against a third division team they will eventually win through. As the game wore on territorially we were well on top and over the piece we defended well enough that they never had a single shot on goal. Very ordinary game but we were deserved winners. A bit like last week with Rangers but in reverse, the underdog were at top of their game but the favourite weren't far enough off it that they could capitalise. And damn good day out too. Shame Friday's shenanigans tempered the drinking a wee bit but them the breaks.