The Draw

GazzyB

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring it on ! At this point doesn't matter who we play, they are all gonna be tough.

If your names on it, it's happening. :lol:

'MON THE 'WELL !

Agree - but missing Jennings against United is a big problem.

That said had we drawn St Mirren/ICT/St J at home we would have made a balls up. At least there will be less expectation from the media and fans.

Agree - but missing Jennings against United is a big problem.

That said had we drawn St Mirren/ICT/St J at home we would have made a balls up. At least there will be less expectation from the media and fans.

Exactly. In recent times we have had 1st Division ICT, St Johnstone and Dundee and made an arse of it. Utd are nothing special we did have a poor game a few weeks ago but with this being a cup tie and the boys already having had a taste of Hampden this season I'm sure we can advance. Just glad we missed the Old Firm. Bring on DUFC.

Agree Brechin at home would've been nice but as i said...

We have avoided one of the scum bros. and personally for me, St. Mirren away. (that tie still gives nightmares) We've got to be positive about this game, it's gonna be tough but we're under no illusions of what's needed unlike when we think we're as good as through and trip over our own feet.

I would exepct it to be picked as a TV game. All i ask is it not to be on a Sunday.

Sadly it probably will be, as Sky will take the ICT v Blue Bigots/Green Bigots and the BBC are likely to televise our game. Like the Sheep v Pars I'd expect a Sunday 3pm kick off.

Let's hope they reduce the prices and the club organise free transport, otherwise our support will be much less than expected.

Let's hope they reduce the prices and the club organise free transport, otherwise our support will be much less than expected.

That would be great. Esph if the game is on TV which I would imagine it would be seeing BBC get One and Sky get Two. Would be nice seeing a big following going up to Tannadice for this game.

I'm just glad we avoided the Old Firm. Tough draw no doubt but Dundee Utd are nothing special. I'm sure we can sneak it and book ourselfs another trip to Hampden. Like a previous poster said we have had favorable draws in the past at this stage and fecked it up. Perhaps less pressure on players won't be such a bad thing.

............... Whoever gets through from our tie I think will make the final.

Shittin ma pants, I'm scheduled to be at the Heineken Cup Final that weekend :lol:

Maybe an omen, but in 1991 cup-final weekend I was scheduled to be in Spain with BoS football team .... obviously I cancelled my trip to the Med B-)

Another away draw?!! ;) FFS we must be one of the unluckiest teams in cup competition draws.

So far this season, 5 draws in the two cup comps = 1 home tie (Dundee Utd in CIS). Brechin away; Dundee Away; Stranraer away; Dundee Utd away.

So barring an replay, if we are to get to a semi we will need to to do so without a home tie. :O

It looks as though the club (yet again) won't make much money from the cup comps.

Another away draw?!! ;) FFS we must be one of the unluckiest teams in cup competition draws.

So far this season, 5 draws in the two cup comps = 1 home tie (Dundee Utd in CIS). Brechin away; Dundee Away; Stranraer away; Dundee Utd away.

So barring an replay, if we are to get to a semi we will need to to do so without a home tie. :O

It looks as though the club (yet again) won't make much money from the cup comps.

Gate receipts from Cup games are 50/50.