John Sutton

El Grew

Yeah, Brown didn't seem to rate Sutton very highly, played Gow ahead of him when he could. Even when he played Sutton it was often as a midfielder!

Sutton's father in law was in at my work a few months back and we got talking, turns out that Archie Knox hated the ground Sutton walked on, which is why Brown didn't play him as often as he should. Sutton was doing an evening course up at Glasgow Uni when they took over, to give himself a little insurance for when he retires from football, and Knox told him he couldn't do both and be committed to the team. When Sutton refused, Knox went ballistic apparently, threatened to tear up his contract...

Sutton's father in law was in at my work a few months back and we got talking, turns out that Archie Knox hated the ground Sutton walked on, which is why Brown didn't play him as often as he should. Sutton was doing an evening course up at Glasgow Uni when they took over, to give himself a little insurance for when he retires from football, and Knox told him he couldn't do both and be committed to the team. When Sutton refused, Knox went ballistic apparently, threatened to tear up his contract...

He not studying Chemistry or something?

As mentioned before I would rate Jutkiewicz, Clarkson and Porter above Sutton and I wasn't too gutted when he left. Had purple patches but could never find consistency. Can't see any teams who could manage to meet his wages but I wonder if he'd be willing to do a Bobo Balde and sit out his contract in the stands.

Easily but as said earlier he didn't want to move his family down Souf. Could commute to Carlisle or Hartlepool though. :nod:

Carlisle were one of the teams who made him an offer but he opted for Hearts. Might be any port in a storm now though. However I don't see Sergio lasting 3 years so he could try and stick it out.

I reckon he would be on around 2 grand ish per week, @ a guess, and to be honest he is not a great player and would not want him back here anyway, played well at times, but overall average player that came good at the right time and got his big move.

Really 5K a week, thats an amazing wage if its right! But i suppose if you compare with Lower league English football, prob compare to Top L1 teams and below. Championship big hitters would laugh at that wage i reckon, so maybe your right. But still a massive wage for what he actually does.