Time To Move On

Kmcalpin

in what way are the club ripping the piss out of you.

Where did I mention the club? The other clubs have supporters too.

"We" as supporters have kept the league afloat for years out of blind loyalty, overlooking on the way the total imbalance of price paid for product offered and services provided, so no, it's not time for us to act like the supporters we are. It's time for us to be appreciated for the supporters we are, and have been for a long time.

I agreed with the original poster up til the part I highlighted.

Which is why I highlighted it.

, I might not agree with everything Nethertonwellfan says but I'd be quite happy to buy him a pint in the Cherry Tree next time I'm up, which I think is for the Celtic game.

I might take you up on that :lol:

By the way for the record Stuart McCall wasn't my first choice. In fact after Brown went I could have named 100 managers to take over and McCall wouldn't have been on the list. However, he is here so we have to deal with it. No amount of moaning will stop that. It just gets a bit tedious when people (and it's the same people) are on moaning about everything he does. I think any manager should be given at least a full season to prove whether he is up to the job or not (obviously in extreme circumstances that will alter) and I feel that once he has had a full summer to make signings then I will judge him and in a years time I may be agreeing with you. However people calling for his head after 10 games is utter madness. For me the jury is still out.

I have to laugh when reading this.

You have just had 3 seasons in a row in Europe and were in a Semi Final a couple of weeks back.

Try being a bawhair away from relegation on the last day of the season and enduring 8 seasons of a senile old jambo prick as your manager! You aren't even close to relegation, you will finish 7th or 8th at worst.

Not been on for a few days but this is surreal. We have previously come through administration, the death of our captain, 2 management teams ditching us, and I am old enough to remember a few relegations. A six nil defeat pales next to some of those events, so take it on the chin boys it won't be the last.

Mon the'Well

I have to laugh when reading this.

You have just had 3 seasons in a row in Europe and were in a Semi Final a couple of weeks back.

Try being a bawhair away from relegation on the last day of the season and enduring 8 seasons of a senile old jambo prick as your manager! You aren't even close to relegation, you will finish 7th or 8th at worst.

Exactly. A wee bit of perspective is required, methinks.

Thinking things through this morning . . . . . . .

I'm firmly in the give McCall time camp. He's our manager at the moment and for a variety of reasons we've come out of this transfer window pretty threadbare and ill prepared for the remainder of the SPL season. Multiple reasons, multiple villains and a fair bit of generall skintness.

However

Reading through a couple of posts looking for perspective vs our recent achievents etc - which I can agree with to an extent.

What do you think will happen if we lose heavily tonight and fluff our lines big time on Saturday?

Serious question.

Will the board offer up McCall as a sacrificial lamb to deflect from themselves or will they issue a definitive statement in his support.

I think we'll get 4 points - however zero out of six will bring about a Malpasesque reaction within the support.

A lot of the people are sceptics of the idea that the crowd has an affect on the players. To me its obvious it does.

The players aren't playing with confidence at the mo and there heads have dropped.

Yes they get payed to play and should perform no matter but it isn't happening is it?

Imagine the east stand full and everyone is singing and willing the players on. Imagine the affect it will have on the players.

Its time for us to play a part, its time for us to get behind them, its time for us to create an atmosphere that they want to play in, Its time for us to play our part.

Here's a wee link to show that the crowd does play a part. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7482972.stm

I know I'm welsh and my opinion counts for fuck all with most on here but i love this club as much as anyone.

At the min fir park has the worst atmosphere i have ever come across and iv been to a lot of games all over the uk.

Yes its ok on big european games but it needs to be like that all the time. It makes a difference folks.

What do you think will happen if we lose heavily tonight and fluff our lines big time on Saturday?

Serious question.

Will the board offer up McCall as a sacrificial lamb to deflect from themselves or will they issue a definitive statement in his support.

I think we'll get 4 points - however zero out of six will bring about a Malpasesque reaction within the support.

Neither. If the worst comes to the entirely possible worst, I don't think we'll hear a peep from the board.

Thinking things through this morning . . . . . . .

I'm firmly in the give McCall time camp. He's our manager at the moment and for a variety of reasons we've come out of this transfer window pretty threadbare and ill prepared for the remainder of the SPL season. Multiple reasons, multiple villains and a fair bit of generall skintness.

However

Reading through a couple of posts looking for perspective vs our recent achievents etc - which I can agree with to an extent.

Serious question.

This might be a subtle difference but the misunderstanding seems to be that people think this is an overreaction to a heavy defeat against Rangers, it's not. It's a reaction to a mediocre (at best) management appointment, a lack of investment in the team, a stadium that is falling to bits, a mediocre Assistant Manager appointment etc culminating in a heavy defeat against Rangers.

I think that 1 out of 6 points in the next two games is the form horse. I am very confident of an Aberdeen win tonight and think that St Mirren are a bit more up for the fight than our squad of players at this point in time.

My view is the same now as it will be after the weekend, 0 pts or all 6. The mistake was made in late December with the managers appointment but it has been made and the Directors need to back the man. If they don't it would quite frankly be a disgrace.

On this occasion I don't think the fans would be jumping on a band wagon with the benifit of hindsight. The warning sign were there from the very beginning. Hopefully somebody will be shoving this back in my face on Saturday night when we are six points better off but I just can't see it

I'm not ready to accept, but I am resigned to a defeat tonight. A point would be a great result. However anything less than a win against Accies on Saturday is a shambles/disgrace/disaster though and it really would be the straw that broke the camels back in terms of supporters (including mines) patience with this horrific run. It's not all McCalls fault (for the record I actually quite like him and how he comes across in interviews). Nobody wanted the job on the terms we were offering and that was also reflected in the most uninspiring appoinment imaginable with Kenny Black. The players have to take responsibility and without naming names, too many of them have been complete imposters this season and do not have it in them to roll up their sleeves when the going gets tough, and it's very tough right now.

Christ almighty .....

One of the most memorable things from my childhood was watching the littlest hobo. I just wanted him to move in with a nice family but he always wanted to go on and on to find someone else to help. As I got older I understood that would have made him Lassie and consequently gay and consequently wouldn't have made good telly.

Some people on here have to take the title of this thread and actually apply it to their views on MFC.

Over a year later we are still talking about Jim Gannon and what he could have done. Whither he was the second coming or a snake oil salesman, that debate will rage on and on, as to why, God alone knows.

With respect to Craig and Archie, aye OK, it turns out they were full of b/s and handled the meetings with Milne like a pair of amateurs and their subsequent comments in the press made them look like even bigger dicks. But again they are away, yesterday's news.

We could have went after a manager with more pedigree or a "bigger" name, however Stuart McCall was the only one willing to commit himself to Motherwell. He did so when others were tyre kicking or umming and ahhing. I for one want a committed manager with passion and he has those qualities in abundance.

He has had to build confidence after many of the players felt the rug was pulled from beneath their feet in early December. Some managers have the gift to do so immediately, many do not. I hope McCall can do this over time as he earns the players respect, because I am in no doubt if a fair number of the support were questioning his appointment, then its a given that many squad members had the same reservations.

Thing is LT, if we just restricted comment to what's happening now this site widnae be very busy at all. Folks want tae discuss Gannon and the auld baistards mainnly because opinions are still divided, christ I still argue over the merits of Davie Hay versus Ally MacLeod whenever I tie in wi' ma big mate Robertson. Maybe we have small minds (as per the message in your sig) but I reckon it's cos we have different ideas about different events (again as per your sig) and that's why this board is here after all.

But anyway aye, time to move on, until it's time to discuss the past cos there's not a lot else to argue over.

With a "bit of luck against Killie" :lol:

At the arc 2 weeks ago we would have got 3 points and would be sitting 4th in the SPL, and still be in the quarter final of the cup....

Yet we get bet 6-0 by a team full of internationalists we are in a relegation battle :lol:

Hindsight is a great thing.......but by fuck they are some defeatist/moanin bastards on this site......for fucks sake lets get behind the team and give them the support we/they all deserve !!!