Motherwell V St Johnstone 30/08/14

Yabba's Turd

St. Johnstone are notoriously well organised and hard to break down.

Can't see where a goal is coming from and they will almost certainly score against us.

Football is a strange game, maybe we will cuff them on Saturday but looking at the evidence it's difficult to predict an up turn.

As much as we were shit on Saturday I did see signs of things in the first half - and that was not apparent in the previous games. We should go:

Twardzik

Reid O'Brien McManus "Someone"

Carswell Lasley

Ainsworth Ojamma Vigurs

Erwin

Assuming McManus and Erwin are only knocks and will clear up. Who plays LB for the U20's? I am guessing its not Ferguson as he is right footed?

Some thoughts:

Leitch - hasn't done enough this season to deserve getting in there in front of Las or Carsy. He is too slow to play any further up the field and yesterday was poor I thought.

Sutton - Needs to give us more than just effort. Yes, he has looked isolated but the chances he does get to hold it up, knock it on he has failed miserably. We need smarter play from him.

Erwin- Has shown he will give us some decent hold up plat and smart footwork.

Law - For me hasnt done much to be dropped but Ojamma is more of a direct threat and that leaves a direct choice between Vigs and Law for me.

Leaves us with the options of Sutton, Law, Thomas as attacking subs if required.

Same aspirations as last week only with even more pressure on us now. I'd bite your hand of for even a score draw and any sort of performance remotely approaching competence.

Can't see past a comfortable away win though although football has a habit of springing unlikely surprises.

Incredible to think how far the rot has set in after only 4 games.

Here's my team

Twardzik

McManus O'Brien Reid

Thomas Vigurs Lasley Leitch Ainsworth

Ojamma Erwin

Vigurs, by his own admission last week, hadn't kicked a ball for days. Likewise, Henrik was lagging in his pre-season.

Hopefully, those two will be sharper for this and give us a little more creativity up front.

Absolutely no idea about the score. The team kept surprising me last season by pulling out results when least expected, so bring it on and let's see what happens.

On a different note, it's mince not to have the MFCTV commentaries any more. After all the good work that was going on there, having to rely on Open All Mics, or a delayed Twitter feed feels like a big step backwards.

Surely I cannot be the only one who feels that we need a change of tact in the build up to this one?

We have suffered a hum of monotonous "We have to work hard on the training pitch" etc. since pre-season, "Europe" and have meandered into the season to find ourselves taking 3 points from 12.

A league match or not, someone at the club has to come out in the build up to what could be a potentially big match, in shaping how we move forward, and inject a bit of impetuous, desire and drive into the support and everyone around the club.

I won't hold my breath...

We need 4 points from the next 2 games or we potentially run the risk of being cut adrift in the bottom positions of the league after only 6 games.

I actually had to read that back there, but that's the reality of the situation. Incredible.