Welcome to Steelmen Online
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

thirdwell : (23 October 2017 - 03:48 AM)

I have spent the last hour reading some of the Rangers fans comments on the game. Each one of them said that the ref was a disgrace, that at least 3 Motherwell players should have been sent off and dozens of them claim to have heard the disgusting incident regarding Bowman breaking the nose!  In all my (almost) 50 years a 'Well fan I feel truly ashamed that the one and only great club in Scottish football is being victimised by the authorities (Rangers fans words not mine). I therefore urge that Motherwell, in fact all teams, that play Glasgow Rangers FC in future: do not tackle, do not jump for the ball, do not shot towards the Rangers goalmouth. If one of the opposition feels that a Ranger's player is a little tired or fatigued he should immediately notify the nearest official to have the game stopped so that said player may have a wee seat and a cuppa tea/coffee and a biscuit or two. This relaxation period is only relevant to players of RFC. If any other STEELMEN can think of any way that can improve Ranger chances of winning please feel free to add to the above list.   

Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 11:18 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): @kennyward__10 All fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience. Copyright claim due to T&S at the wild celebrations at f… https://t.co/GanL6tVVoB
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 11:00 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): HIGHLIGHTS | Rangers 0 - 2 Motherwell https://t.co/ezpR2zb9ln https://t.co/LDlFCecDeQ
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 10:08 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @SheaGordon11: Unbelievable result! Some buzz!!! @MotherwellFC 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 10:08 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @rossmaclean39: Yassssss!!! Come on the boys 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 10:07 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @louismoult: Some feeling that, thank you for your support 👏⚽️!! https://t.co/ZnWK3Mx7Ed
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 10:07 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @trevorcarson24: Our fans were incredible today. Thank you. What a team to be involved with. Roll on Wednesday!! https://t.co/gw7MTtm5al
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 07:07 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): THANK YOU | Your support today was absolutely magnificent. Everyone at the club appreciates it. See you at Hampden… https://t.co/MRkN38Stmp
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 07:04 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @allancampbell98: What a day! Fans were class🤙🏻🤙🏻 https://t.co/Wf01eFfiwr
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 06:44 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): GALLERY | Action images from this afternoon's game at Hampden https://t.co/qvQqJL8eEY https://t.co/UAKintTI47
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 06:42 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): REACTION | Stephen Robinson's thoughts after todays win over Rangers https://t.co/z8Y7mmYA6z https://t.co/X2dqlOsqme
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 06:39 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): REPORT | Motherwell secured their place in the @Betfred cup final with a 2-0 win over Rangers this afternoon… https://t.co/aHR5fWGvM6
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:59 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @eplummer_: Into the final!!What a win 100% deserved the boys were class. Fans made the atmosphere unbelievable! King Louis!! @louismoul
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:58 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @AlexFisher37: Some game to be involved in! Unreal shift from the chaps! @louismoult some boy you ⚽️⚽️. The fans were terrific throughou…
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:58 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @ryan_bowman12: What a feeling.. Support was unreal for the 90 minutes. Lads fully deserved it, final here we come. 👏🏽🔥⚽️
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:58 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @tait0289: Incredible from the boys massive effort today ⚽️💛 #MFC fans class as always 👌🏼
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:58 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @chrissycadds: Enjoyed that team, what a day 😝
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:58 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @cecekipros: Ayyy we did it!! Boys were class so as the fans 💛👌🏾never underestimate the under dogs .
texanwellfan : (22 October 2017 - 03:51 PM)

glad to see us finally put them out of a cup

smiddy : (22 October 2017 - 03:45 PM)

no greetin but Sutton REALLY wants pedro pumped n mccoist has grudgingly conceded moult is better than there dumpling ,,,today hahaha

Photo

Scottish Premiership Game 2: St Johnstone (A) Saturday 12/08/17

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

Ocelot Groomin'

Ocelot Groomin'

Attracting Interest from Abroad

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Looking for 3 seats...

ohwulliewullie

ohwulliewullie

Pushing for the First XI

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Have you seen the Well Society thread with bus + distillery option?

Toxteth O'Grady

Toxteth O'Grady

European Footballer of the Year

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Looking for 3 seats...

Club 100 (old Fir Park Club) are running a bus, leaving at 1.15pm.

middleeastdave

middleeastdave

Attracting Interest from Abroad

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
Quite concerned about our injury list after Wednesday night's bruiser.

SR mentioned in his post match interview that there were concerns on a few, I suspect Tanner a big doubt and cannot imagine Frear being fit either for Saturday, maybe our first test for our small squad of players?

Del_Superwell

Del_Superwell

International

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

A few had cramp last night so i dont think it will be too bad, certainly the guys who came on last night, Maclean, Bowman and Fisher have given Robinson something to think about they changed the game for us last night when they came on.  Tanner was very poor last night so perhaps benching him for Maclean wouldn't be bad idea.

fizoxy

fizoxy

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
I could see Mclean in, and wouldn't be surprised to see moult rested, but a lot depends on whether we're trying to force him through games to get his sharpness up or not. Fisher and Bowman certainly gave the manager something to think about too.

steelboy

steelboy

Resident Troll

• Legends
  • 7,668 posts

I'd like to see a 4-4-2

Carson

Tait Kipre Henneghan Dunne

Cadden Big McHugh MacLean

Moult Fisher

Moult is always better with a partner.

• Kmcalpin and gee like this

weeyin

weeyin

Motherwell Legend

• SO Well Society Members
  • 13,160 posts
The dilemma with Moult is he's obviously a few weeks behind the rest after his surgery, and needs game time. So do we give him 30 minutes here or there to get him up to speed or persevere with 80+ minutes every week.

steelboy

steelboy

Resident Troll

• Legends
  • 7,668 posts

I don't think his fitness is that bad. He has only scored the two free kicks but with better finishing he could have had a couple in both the Rangers and County games.

As a few people have said it seems more mental than physical. He missed a few easy chances against Berwick which probably effected him and then got drawn into scrapping with Alves and Cardoso rather than concentrating on his own game against Rangers. On the highlights from last night his body language looked poor and he got booked again needlessly.

He'll only get past this by putting the ball in the net.

weeyin

weeyin

Motherwell Legend

• 13,160 posts
It's match fitness I'm talking about. And that's all about game time.
  • superward and gilmour like this

siebsbarmyarmy

siebsbarmyarmy

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 3,464 posts

I'd like to see a 4-4-2

Carson
Moult Fisher

I like the look of that tbh.

milo

milo

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 3,921 posts
Shows the importance of having some decent options and good squad depth if it comes to it.

Would be great to even get a point to get ourselves up and running in the league.
  • postiejim likes this
"In his book, "Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower," William Blum warns of how the media will make anything that smacks of "conspiracy theory" an immediate "object of ridicule." This prevents the media from ever having to investigate the many strange interconnections among the ruling class -- for example, the relationship between the boards of directors of media giants, and the energy, banking and defense industries. These unmentionable topics are usually treated with what Blum calls "the media's most effective tool -- silence." But in case somebody's asking questions, all you have to do is say, "conspiracy theory," and any allegation instantly becomes too frivolous to merit serious attention. On the other hand, since my paranoid shift, whenever I hear the words "conspiracy theory" (which seems more often, lately) it usually means someone is getting too close to the truth."

Ya Bezzer!

Ya Bezzer!

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 5,130 posts

I'd like to see a 4-4-2

Carson

Moult Fisher

St. Johnstone will play 5 in midfield so I'd be surprised if we didn't match up.

• postiejim likes this

Man of the Match Awards 2017-2018.  2 - KIPRE, CAMPBELL, MOULT.  1 - BOWMAN, McHUGH, CADDEN, ROSE.

1. Queens Park - Ryan BOWMAN, 2. Morton - Carl McHUGH, 3. Berwick Rangers - Cedric KIPRE, 4. Rangers - Chris CADDEN, 5. St. Johnstone - Andy ROSE, 6. Ross County - Allan CAMPBELL, 7. Hearts - Cedric KIPRE, 8. Kilmarnock - Allan CAMPBELL, 9. Hibernian - Louis MOULT. 10. Aberdeen - Louis MOULT.

El Grew

El Grew

International

• Legends
  • 622 posts
Don't understand the bad feelings ditected at Ryan Bowman. The guy has given his all every time he plays and is a real good honest hard worker. Okay he may not be a prolific goal scorer but he does make some great runs and drags defenders about and never gives them any respite. If he can just get a decent run in the team and score couple of goals then his confidence will rise. He's a worker that plays for the jersey and that will do for me.
  • ONeils40yarder, Well Well, Busta Nut and 3 others like this

El Grew

El Grew

International

• Legends
  • 622 posts
On another subject, I cannot believe Cedric Kipre is only 20. What a find! Where has he been hiding? If he keeps playing like this it won't be long before other bigger clubs take an interest. Hope we can persuade him to stay for another season.
  • Lukemfc1 likes this

MelvinBragg

MelvinBragg

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 4,345 posts

St. Johnstone will play 5 in midfield so I'd be surprised if we didn't match up.

Ah, the old McGhee approach of worrying more about the opposition than anything else. Let's hope we don't see a return to that inferiority complex. I know studying your opponents prior to a match is crucial but I'd rather that meant slight tweaks to our set up rather than basing our entire plan on what the opposition are likely to do.

I suspect we'll line up 352 anyway...
  • ONeils40yarder and DunnyMFC like this

Kmcalpin

Kmcalpin

Motherwell Legend

• 4,857 posts

So many unknowns about this game.  We've quite a few players suffering knocks and bruises so it'll be difficult to determine our line up.  We'll play 5 in middle though maybe in a 4-5-1 formation if Tanner isn't fit.  We don't yet know who St Johnstone will play up front - one of the strikers may not even be signed up yet.  

I'm a bit more confident this season as we're better prepared physically to match Saints.  However they're a more experienced and streetwise team than us and know all the scams, cons and tricks.  We've got a shocking recent record in Perth, admittedly based on little good luck, so its time to rectify that.  I think the team will give the support more to cheer this time round.     

Part of the problem is an unrealistic level of expectation. We see football from all parts of Europe on television daily and fans are expecting....the technical ability and flair they see from Spain's La Liga and the top end of the English Premiership. Thats just not possible. It seems fashion is over-riding common sense.

Well Up For It!

Well Up For It!

@ninjapotato10

• Legends
  • 1,755 posts

This is my "home" game for us and quietly hopeful I will finally see us win in Perth. Been up here since 2011 and yet to see them win.

Missed only two games since then (Christmas 2011 & October 2012 I think) and was both Motherwell wins. Maybe best staying away!!

Quite a poor record in Perth all considered.

superward

superward

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 3,019 posts

We'll line up 3-5-2 - no question. Put all your money and belongings on it.

Carson

Kipre Heneghan Dunne

Tait Cadden Bigi McHugh Plumber

Moult Fisher

Or something else. But probably that.

stuwell

stuwell

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,300 posts
Not to worried about which two he plays up front but whoever it is they must start taking their chances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users