Scottish Premiership Celtic V Motherwell Sat 15 Oct 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Can't see anything other than an absolute horsing in this game. We'll be doing well to keep it to 5.

Be tempted to play Samson one last time but Brill surely has to start v inverness?!?!

I've seen enough to suggest McDonald, Moult and Bowman can't all start so it has to be 2 from those 3 moving forward.

Busta's definitely on to something about the full backs. Against both Hearts and Thistle Tait was pushing quite high up the park. At one point in the first half at Firhill he was trying to get a backheel at the near post.

Looking at it I wondered if we've possibly been looking at using Tait's delivery to compensate for Johnson having left. The diagonal ball from the right back/midfield area to the back post seems to have been one that we've started to exploit see goals vs Accies, Thistle & McDonald's offside goal against Hearts.

Problem is we seem to leave gaps in those wide areas at the moment and lack players with legs who will fill in and cover. I can't really see this being anything other than a total shoeing. We're shipping so many cheap goals and seem to lack organisation at the back especially between goalkeeper and back 4.

There is the potential for Celtic for rest some of their players on the back of international duty and ahead of their Champions League game next midweek which if they did could weaken them to a slight extent.

I've little doubt though it'll be much the same tactics deployed by McGhee in almost all our games against Celtic since he took charge namely an attempt (key word: attempt) to keep them out long enough that they run out of ideas; and hope that, even if they are a single goal up they become so complacent at our inability to do absolutely anything they lose focus and we catch them on the hop. As soon as the second goal goes in however we're fucked and it's how many, particularly if that second goal comes in the first half.

Parking the bus against Celtic is pretty pointless. Their strength is up top. We need to protect the ball with smart possession and take the game to them. Any time we beat them it's been with controlled aggression.

Plus, it makes for a more entertaining game.

I see faddy didn't play in the 20s and a photo of him after the game shows a pair of crutches in front of him....

Certainly isn't on crutches - showed the obligatory dip of the shoulder and deft flick when he moved between the rows and lifted himself over and into his seat along side Leitch Snr & Jnr.

• Like 1

Would normally go to this one, especially given the recent international break but really doubt I will after the terrible league cup display. I expect us to show Celtic too much respect, stand off them too often and be exploited at the full back areas as a few have already mentioned. If we remedy these issues we might stand half a chance. We also need to have some sort of outball to alleviate pressure and give us a chance of doing something on the counter attack. This is something we didn't have in our last outing as soon as Chris Cadden came off.