Scottish Premiership Celtic V Motherwell Sat 15 Oct 15:00

Yabba's Turd

I'd play the U20's, at least they would be entertaining and would probably give Celtic more of a game.

6-0 Celtic

I know it's tongue and cheek, and I know you're being serious about the style of play from U20 team, but the sad thing is that this would be considered cheating. Putting out a weaker side against the best team in the country. What's worse is that the group of players we have at that level would probably give Celtic a good game.

For the game itself, with our 'best' squad, I reckon we will lose 2-0. Don't think Celtic will bring their strongest game to Fir Park because the points are almost a formality for them.

The game is a formality.

Hopefully we will be using the 3 weeks between the Hearts and ICT games to build fitness levels which is more important than keeping the score down here.

That's right, goal difference is meaningless in this league. It's important not to lose by too many goals, it could be the difference between finishing sixth or seventh or the playoff spot and tenth.

Bearing in mind Celtic's worst home result so far is 4-1 and they have played Aberdeen, Rangers and Kilmarnock, there is absolutely no rationale that a midtable team will do anything other than take a hiding. We go toe to toe we leave ourselves wide open at the back, we try and sit off and they're too good for us. Our only hope is they have a bad day and we're good enough to exploit it but we're talking one in a hundred shot.

Bearing in mind Celtic's worst home result so far is 4-1 and they have played Aberdeen, Rangers and Kilmarnock, there is absolutely no rationale that a midtable team will do anything other than take a hiding. We go toe to toe we leave ourselves wide open at the back, we try and sit off and they're too good for us. Our only hope is they have a bad day and we're good enough to exploit it but we're talking one in a hundred shot.

Missed out that Alloa Athletic went there and lost 0-2 to two late goals with Celtic playing what was more or less a first team XI, it was only Sinclair that was rested, with Griffiths injured.

No reason we shouldn't be going there to at least compete but then maybe too many of our players have similar attitudes to some of our fans who's attitude is to fully collapse after the slightest adversity.

Still no any positive news re mchugh

Don't know if it's been posted elsewhere on the site. From BBC.

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee says the club are "very concerned" about midfielder Carl McHugh's head injury.

McHugh, 23, has not played since sustaining a wound after coming into collision with Kilmarnock's Dean Hawkshaw on 6 August.

"It is really grim," said McGhee, with the player having suffered delayed concussion.

"It has not made much progress. It is just not getting better. We are doing everything we can."

Republic of Ireland Under-21 cap McHugh, who has over 160 senior club appearances, joined Well in the summer from Plymouth Argyle and the win over Killie at Rugby Park was his third appearance for the Steelmen.

The wound required stitches and McGhee added: "He is having a really difficult time and we are very concerned about that.

"There is no time given to this injury. They don't say it will take six weeks or eight weeks, they actually say it could take six weeks, eight weeks, it could take six months, that is the nature of it and we just hope it doesn't take six months obviously.

"It is a complicated and nasty condition that he has ended up with.

"He is seeing a guy in Dublin actually this week to put his mind at rest."

Meanwhile, McGhee confirmed defender Joe Chalmers is to have a groin operation next week and will be out for six weeks. However, midfielder Chris Cadden has recovered from a hamstring injury and could return against Celtic in Glasgow on Saturday.

As said elsewhere, this Celtic side under Rodgers is a different beast. We could go there at full strength, play well and still be on the sore end of a tanking. Dembele and particularly Sinclair are two of the best players I've seen in this league in many many years to the point where I actually tune in to a Celtic game if I can, as I love watching them play. Roberts is also a joy to watch.

Also very much hoping for a swatch of Sinclair's Mrs.

Ffs

What is it with the glass half empty stuff?

I trust this forum won't be full of whingers if the much forecast "inevitable " humping actually happens

On the point of losing winnable games-

I would equally argue that most of this seasons draws would've been defeats last season

"Barman, a top up please , my glass appears to be half full!"

• Like 1

I enjoyed a wee listen to McGhee as regards the game. He sounds as if he has us well lubricated for the unstoppable Celtic to plunge our throats. Dembele is worth a wee chuckle because he's like Messi to our heifers at the back.

Hell, he managed to mention us while fellating his glorious hoops, as even they, 'at their level' can take a skelping off Barca, and if our strikers turn up, we may scrape a goal off the juggernaut. He mentioned us!!! In a presser about Celtic, Motherwell squidged in a few words

Ffs

What is it with the glass half empty stuff?

I trust this forum won't be full of whingers if the much forecast "inevitable " humping actually happens

On the point of losing winnable games-

I would equally argue that most of this seasons draws would've been defeats last season

"Barman, a top up please , my glass appears to be half full!"

I get what you mean, and I'm normally right there with you on the optimistic approach to our matches, but our last couple of results at Parkhead, coupled with our relative inconsistency so far this season just give me the fear.

Plus the tone of all our press conferences is totally defeatist. The players and manager sound like we're going into the game expecting nothing. It's one thing for fans to talk like that, but the players need to believe they can go out and win. That's the one thing that Baraclough, while a little deluded, tried to bring in with all his "we should aim to win the league" chat. The best sportspeople have the winning mentality and go out believing they will win. Think that you're going to go out and lose, and you probably will.

But I do agree with your point about being able to turn defeats into draws. I think we're definitely a bit more robust on that side of things, we just need to start clicking offensively.

• Like 1

Motherwell defender Stephen McManus: "We lost seven goals on the last game of last season, we've lost five already this season so we've got a massive challenge ahead of us.

"We went there last season and won but it was a different Celtic mentality that was afoot then.

"I said it after we lost in the Betfred Cup that a lot of teams will lose a few goals there this season, and I think the average is about five, so in that sense we haven't done too bad.

....wow.

Can see us going 5 at the back or such. Chalmers being out probably limits McGhee's options to try out a tactical masterclass so I'd hope we'll just see players playing in their actual positions.

Samson

Tait Heneghan McManus Ferguson Hammell

Cadden Lasley Clay

McDonald Moult

Fair play to anyone going along especially given how much of a shambles we've been at the back. Can't really see anything other than a comprehensive Celtic win tbh.