Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Inverness Ct Wed 26 Oct 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Results went for us this weekend but we need at least 1 win from the next 2 games. Ideally 2, but I'm realistic.

I feel we're under a bit of pressure to start winning home games v our peers.

I'd start the same team that started v Celtic with the exception of Brill in for Samson.

Inverness have only lost 1 match in 7 in the league and that was an unlucky 1-0 defeat to Rangers where they missed various glaring chances.

Don't think this will be an easy 3 points in the bag. We are going to have to put in a shift and work hard to get anything out of this.

We are also going to have to stay switched on if we are drawing or winning. Inverness have got quite a few late goals this season....91st minute winner v St. Johnstone, 89th minute goal to get a draw off Celtic, 93rd minute equalizer against Hamilton and another late goal at the weekend.

• Like 1

Results went for us this weekend but we need at least 1 win from the next 2 games. Ideally 2, but I'm realistic.

I feel we're under a bit of pressure to start winning home games v our peers.

We've not had a great start to the season but all our defeats have been against expected top 6 finishers and 3 of the 4 have been against city clubs (Rangers, Celtic, Hearts). We also have a win, a draw and a defeat from our last three home matches - it's not like we've had an especially bad run.

3 points would be more than welcome though as a few of our rivals have tough looking games midweek - Hamilton are away to Aberdeen, Ross County away to Celtic, Kilmarnock have Hearts, while Dundee are away to Partick and one or both of them will be dropping points.

A wee chance to create a gap in the table.

We're only a few points of where we could/should be. By hook or by crook I think we should have a few more points on board. A win a home v Dundee shouldn't have been beyond the realms of possibility and bar for Samsons howler we would've got a point v St Johnstone. Small margins I know but if we don't emerge from the next 3 games with at least 1 win I'd say that constitutes a poor and worrying start.

We need to get back on track and I am hopeful that we can get something from this game. Thank god for Dundee as they appear to be in a rut (You wonder how long they will give Hartley?).

Are we not just 3 points, or one result better than Dundee?

Genuinely no idea what to expect from this one. Our record against ICT at Fir Park was dismal last season, yet we won both away games.

This season our two wins have come against sides we'd be expecting to beat (which is good), 2 of our 4 losses have been away from home at Ibrox and Parkhead, the former after a last minute winner. The other 2 losses were to sides expected to be around the top 4, as milo points out it took a howler from Samson to gift St Johnstone the 3 points and we shot ourselves in the foot to a degree against Hearts. Doesn't change the fact that we didn't take anything from them though.

Even when it comes to the games we've drawn then in the case of the Thistle and County games we've managed to salvage a point away from home without playing particularly well. Which is all a bit happy-clappy, glass half full which isn't really my thing and it's not really intended that way. I just mean it as more of a general observation, they're games we've taken something from without playing well that there's a fair chance we'd have lost last season.

Equally as ropy says we're still only 3 points off Dundee who are on a run of 5 losses in a row. Their form has gone off a cliff, ours is less so. Yet in terms of points there's not much between the sides.

Even the injuries, departures plus the fact guys like McMillan and MacLean acquitted themselves well at Parkhead means that we don't have a particularly settled side or shape so it's not even clear how we're likely to set up. Does Hammell come straight back into the side, does MacLean keep his place? Do we go 442 or 433? Will we try and shoehorn Bowman, Moult and McDonald back into the side?

If we actually turn up and play a side that has everyone playing in positions that suit and a shape they're familiar with then I'd hope we can win. With the run of games we've got coming up that'd be a great start. It's just all a bit up in the air at the moment when it comes to getting a handle on exactly where we stand. I'm not exactly confident but similarly I'm hardly looking at the fixture with the total fear either.

Our last two matches were games, we would generally have struggled in, although, i thought we were very good at times vs Celic'. However, we need a win, a home win, for the points, but more importantly, confidence, to get a wee run together against teams, that, we really, should be beating. (Dundee for example)

Our next 3 games are ICT and County at home followed by Dundee away. Feel they are quite important in giving us a bit of a platform going into the busy Christmas period as a decent haul of 6-9 points should have us in a decent mid table position whereas 3 losses and we could be close to the bottom for the 7-odd games we have in December.

Looking ahead to Wednesday, I fancy us to take something from the game. Mcmillan and McLean showed they can play their part and our front line should hopefully be enough to cause ICT some problems.

Barring another Samson flap I can see us winning this one 2-0. Mcdonald and Cadden to score.

I don't see any of the youngsters starting I'm afraid, I think they got their chance at the Potato Bowl primarily because it was a game that nobody expected to yield any points at all.

I think the old guard will return for both games. Harsh , to say the least, but mark my words...

I don't see any of the youngsters starting I'm afraid, I think they got their chance at the Potato Bowl primarily because it was a game that nobody expected to yield any points at all.

I think the old guard will return for both games. Harsh , to say the least, but mark my words...

I doubt they will either. However- they have now shown they can be trusted to an extent. So if that means more quality time from the bench (as opposed to none!) working towards more starts then all good.

No mentions of injury to McMillan, only Hammell who is doubtful tomorrow night so I reckon its a safe bet the youngsters involved against Celtic last time out will be involved in some capacity tomorrow night.

More than likely that some will be involved. If injuries stay the same, then Ferguson will retain his left back slot. If thats the case then he'll need a natural left footed player in front of him.

Really looking forward to the run of home games coming up. Feel as if this season has been very stop start as McGhee alluded to in his press conference. Ultimately these are two games we should be looking to win if we want to retain a top six slot. Inverness have impressed me with their passing any time I have seen them, they seem to play some decent stuff, however I've not been impressed by their goal threat. The big boy up front is a handful but for the most part his output is very poor in terms of quality. Hopefully get some of the youngsters blooded into the team as the majority of them done fine at Celtic Park.If we can get any playing half as well as Chris Cadden we are on to a winner. It will be interesting to see what kind of performance we have tonight, I'm going to go with a 1-0 Motherwell win. If we can win these two games coming up I think it could make a huge difference to our season moving foward. Fingers crossed.

Really looking forward to the run of home games coming up. Feel as if this season has been very stop start as McGhee alluded to in his press conference. Ultimately these are two games we should be looking to win if we want to retain a top six slot. Inverness have impressed me with their passing any time I have seen them, they seem to play some decent stuff, however I've not been impressed by their goal threat. The big boy up front is a handful but for the most part his output is very poor in terms of quality.

Yeah, Inverness have struggled for strikers in recent times but they get a lot of goals from midfield - Draper, Tansey, Vigurs, Polworth can all chip in. Meekings and Warren get their fair share too.