2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Am I the only one who rates Hutchison, Craigan AND Saunders ahead of Gunning? I'm not saying he'd be the worst signing in the world, or anything like it, but I won't be too upset if he doesn't join us...

Agreed.

Am I the only one who rates Hutchison, Craigan AND Saunders ahead of Gunning? I'm not saying he'd be the worst signing in the world, or anything like it, but I won't be too upset if he doesn't join us...

nope you are not, I agree with that as well

Gunning could be a great player, but he never seemed to have the focus required even at our level, he is still a young player right enough

Nope. Totally agree.

Would take Gunning back in a heartbeat, got great potential and is the left sided defender we always seem to lack. Did he not play Left mid one game last season aswell? Would be a bargain if we pick him up on a free transfer.

Agree with most of the above. I rate Craigan, Saunders and Hutchinson more than Gunning but I do think Gunning on a free transfer would be far from a bad signing. The only thing I think that would propel him from those three is him being left sided, the other three are better defenders.

Totally agree. Only issue with Craigan is age, but his reading of the game, and lack of eccentric defending (generally) show why he's still able to cut it most weeks of the season. Certainly rate the other two higher in terms of both current ability and potential.

Scunny more attractive then Motherwell..........

Djilali and Gunning join Scunthorpe United on trial

_44936596_scunthorpe_226.gif

Scunthorpe United are giving trials to former Crystal Palace midfielder Kieran Djilali and Blackburn Rovers defender Gavin Gunning. Djilali, 20, was released at Selhurst Park this summer whilst left-back Gunning, 20, has been granted permission by the Premier League club.

The pair will feature away at Rotherham United on Wednesday and will be joined by the return of two other trialists.

Just received via twitter

A Motherwell XI overcame an African Select side 4-2 at Dalziel Park today. Goals from T.Rialist, S.Lawless, L.Erwin and @jpollock10

Wondering what the African select was. Still, good to see Tony Rialist getting on the scoresheet again!

Scunny more attractive then Motherwell..........

It wasn't to Nicky Law :thumbup:

As for Gunning, maybe Blackburn are looking for a nominal fee that we can't afford to pay or maybe Gunning won't lower his wage demands to come to us. Would have been nice to have him back as a permanent player as he had potential sell on value but wasn't too keen on getting him on loan again as I would rather just give our own youth players a chance. Overall I'm not fussed, would have been nice to have him back but I think another striker is more of a priority.

If Murphy was to go, would anyone take Leigh Griffiths on loan?

(Those who only saw him once in the cup game where he was sent off need not reply)

The problem we have at the mo is that Rangers have got off to a pants start, this means that the management at the club will want to calm the fans down, one more poor result and they will call for blood, anyways they will need to make a signing to calm the natives, one more bid for Goodwillie, that will fail and then they will half that offer and get Murphy just to keep the fans happy! watch this space.

Get your money on Goodwillie to be SPL top scorer, at Dundee Utd he has no chance of that, but the market has not allowed for a move to Rangers, worth a few quid.