2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

it's not really illegal tapping if the club have agreed a fee.

I would really like to think that if the club got wind that someone was willing to pay £600k for one of our most saleable assets, they would let it be common knowledge in the transfer window and generate an auction rather than shoot our load at the first offer!

Whether or not postiejims source is accurate, I would really hope the club don't make any quick decisions on sales until they see where we sit in the league come the turn of the year and the situation at Rangers. This could actually be our chance to make a real go at things.

totally agree. £600,000 seems cheap for keeper in the january window. if a club really wants him asap they should be willing to pay a bit more.

i hope we keep him until at least the summer. after having randy and ruddy and even buzz's strong final season it would be a boot in the baws to end up with some micheal fraser type character again.

Saying that, a celtic mate of mine spent all day speaking about randy signing for that lot (... I had to tell him there was a £5mil Pricetag on him just to shut him up.dry.gif)

Surely not?

Although, i'd refuse to believe the club would let randy go for that much when a lower half Premier league team will be in for him in the summer at a much higher price.

I would really like to think that if the club got wind that someone was willing to pay £600k for one of our most saleable assets, they would let it be common knowledge in the transfer window and generate an auction rather than shoot our load at the first offer!

Along with the phrase 'bidding war', one of the greatest myths around football. Name me one player who has had his value pushed up by different teams instigating anything close to a 'bidding war'?

It doesn't happen.

If it's a done deal, I'm looking forward to the club's reaction to the illegal tapping of a player with 18 months left on his contract.

It goes on all the time, I'm sorry to say. The loophole is that negotiations are conducted through an intermediary ie an agent (they are also known by other less flattering names).

Along with the phrase 'bidding war', one of the greatest myths around football. Name me one player who has had his value pushed up by different teams instigating anything close to a 'bidding war'?

It doesn't happen.

Well Goodwillie was sold to Blackburn for more than Dundee United initially told Rangers to come back with

Heard from a reliable source [and I'm not telling who] that Randolph is away in January £600,000 .Done deal and all that ,just have to wait and see.

If it's a done deal where's he going? Without a source or a destination for Randolph I'm a bit sceptical about the whole thing.

Motherwell tried to punt him all summer, seeking in the region of £800k.

Would say he is worth much more than that. Would say he's better than Ruddy as well who is now playing regularly in the EPL. Garauntee if Randy was playing for the OF they would be looking for about £10million for him. Definitely the best keeper in the league.

Although I wouldn't like to see him leave, I realise that we are a selling club and that if the price is right then he's off but if the price is £600,000 then I will have to reconsider buying into the well society.

Lesser player have been sold for more and we should not allow players to be sold off cheap. Losing Randolph could be the difference between 3rd and 6th place and the loss of European football next season. What would that cost the club? a couple of hundred thousand? It would be like selling him for £400,000 in the summer!

As I've said, if this turns out to be the level of ambition of the current board then I'll not be putting my money anywhere that helps them achieve that - If I'm going to put money in, I want to know we have a board who can match my ambitions for the club!

£600,000 - FUCK OFF!

• Like 2

Thing is within the game - unless there is a bidding war that inflates the price there's a formula that kinda kicks in based on the players age, current wage, length of contract remaining etc. That's where these type of prices initially come from.

Where it will end up nobody knows

But in the current climate we need to be very careful and realistic and avoid another mark reynolds situation.

I value the players highly too and would like to see Randy go eventually for seven figures.

But realism needs to kick in here somewhere.

As I've said, if this turns out to be the level of ambition of the current board then I'll not be putting my money anywhere that helps them achieve that - If I'm going to put money in, I want to know we have a board who can match my ambitions for the club!

surley if you want to have a say in how the board operates then buying into the society is the most effective thing you can do?

there is no point in getting worked up about this just now anyway, no offence to postiejim but rumours are always flying about how many of them come true?

if we're in prime position for a european place come january why would we sell him at that price? surely the difference between the january and summer values could be made up a higher league placing and the money raised being in the europa qualifiers again?

surley if you want to have a say in how the board operates then buying into the society is the most effective thing you can do?

From my understanding of things, intitally the society will only have a couple of members on the board with the rest being made up of the present members.