2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Were any of you 'experts' at St Johnstone a couple of weeks ago when he scored 2, including a smashing header? Honestly get a grip with your stupid criticism of a young man who gives a massive amount in every game and troubles every defence he plays against. Its not his fault if other players don't get on the end of some superb crosses he and Hammy, with his help, put in.

Check the scoring charts for us and the SPL before you criticise one of our most important players this season.

Then again, carry on abusing one of our own until you get rid of him.

Abusing him? Aye, very good. I think that on his day, Murph is one of the best young players that we've produced in a long while, and he does have the capacity to do something special that can unlock a defence, either with the ball at his feet or causing opposing defenders to double up on him, creating space for others. But, as has been pointed out, consistency is a big issue - to be honest, most players of his ilk are like that. If it comes off, great, if not, then players like that have a tendency to drift out of games - Jamie Murphy is not a 'scruff of the neck' type player. I'm not questioning his commitment to the side - I agree that he puts in a shift every time he turns out - but you can't argue that he has been hot and cold for the majority of this season.

He's a huge asset to the side - on his day, and I'd definitely prefer to keep him, although I reckon his form so far this season may well have ruled out a January move for him.

Murphy seems to be the same every season. Has great games and anonymous games.

I reckon the main thing that keeps Murphy at Fir Park is the fact that he's never really had a good game against either half of the Old Firm.

Any offers made for our players will be accepted. We have fuck all money.

I don't think so. Yes we are a selling club and always will be and every player has his price. That said the club has valuations for each player and if the circling vultures don't meet that price then there's no deal. There's no way that Jamie Murphy would be allowed to leave for £50,000. The club might not have much cash but its not in debt and there will be no fire sale.

What about some of our fringe players? Will Stuart McCall look to move some of them on to free up a wage or two and bring some fresh blood in?

Who takes on players who can't get in to a Motherwell XI?

Who takes on players who can't get in to a Motherwell XI?

Are you serious, what's the first division for, or teams like Dunfermline and Inverness would take Forbes, Page, Clancy, Hollis in a second.

I wouldn't want Clancy to go but think it may be time to move Page and maybe Forbes on, even on loan

The only player I could see us receiving offers for is Randolph and I think we would struggle to replace him with similar quality. I'm sure it would result in points dropped but we would sell him if it was a decent offer. Saying that, I didn't think we would be able to replace Ruddy.

I don't think we'll lose any of our first team regulars during the January window, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see a few fringe players move on. The likes of Forbes & Page (and even McHugh) must getting a bit fed up of sitting on the bench or in the stands every week. I think at least one of them will be looking to move on this year.

I think a loan move for Mchugh would give us a chance to see how he performs playing every week, he was due to move to Partick last year a similar move would be good for both parties. I would allow page to find a club I don't think he has what it takes to be a first team player. I just have a feeling Forbes will go somewhere and do a Charlie Adam but I could be wrong

Darren Smith & Marc Fizpatrick moving to Ross County shows that I'm sure we could move the likes of Forbes etc on if we wanted to.

I'm pretty sure Dazza was at the end of his deal and Fitzy was an a very very very low paid short term deal (we weren't really playing ball tbh) when he left

Forbes and McHugh would have to be sorted out financially somewhat if we were terminating their contract. We might come to a mutual agreement - to allow them to move and kickstart their careers elsewhere - but their within their rights to do a kinda cut price Balde til the end of their deals if that's how they wanted to play it.

I'd be surprised if Forbes doesn't use this window to try and get himself moved on to a mid to high 1st Div club.

Just checked - both Forbes and Page expire in the summer.

So I was talking shite (thought they both had 1 1/2 yrs left)

So they'll both be off shortly I fear

Even if we offered them a new deal, youv got to expect they wouldn't want to stay. If they'v got ambition, they won't be enjoying sitting on the bench each week (whether they deserve to or not).

Apparently Kilmarnock are looking at signing Derek Riordan, with him playing a bounce match for them shortly.

Surely if someone like Kilmarnock can afford his wages we could as well? Possibly a pay as you play deal until the end of the season? It would give us a boost up front, and give him a chance to put himself in the shop window.

Apparently Kilmarnock are looking at signing Derek Riordan, with him playing a bounce match for them shortly.

Surely if someone like Kilmarnock can afford his wages we could as well? Possibly a pay as you play deal until the end of the season? It would give us a boost up front, and give him a chance to put himself in the shop window.

Nah, if we had a few quid to bring someone in I'd far prefer we went for someone other than that wee ned waster.

Nah, if we had a few quid to bring someone in I'd far prefer we went for someone other than that wee ned waster.

Agreed. Obvious talent but he would more than likely be a disruptive influence.

The fact Hibs aren't interested speaks volumes. No doubt Ally will be having a look today though.

Sure, his personality is somewhat questionable, but his goalscoring record isn't. I'm not sure we could get someone of that quality on a free in January.

Riordan can get to fuck. The worst kind of player, a talented waster. Has enough ability to be playing at

a higher level and be a Scotland regular. Instead he's scrapping about at the age of 28 looking for a SPL club to take a punt on him.

On talent alone it's a no brainer. Sadly that talent comes attached to a jakey wee baw bawbag. Wouldn't touch him, he's made enough money, would have no motivation to work and would disrupt the dressing room cause he's a twat.

Page and Forbes could go either way I think. They could both want to play regular first team football and be happy to drop down to a team with less prestige to do so, or I could see us offering them a year extension, as McCall may see them as cheap labour and decent squad players.