2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

The only player I'm concerned about losing this summer is Randolph.....and I can't shake the feeling he will be a Celtic player by September. Forster won't be back for them as Pardew doesn't rate our league. Lennon needs to get a keeper in and outside McGregor we have the best in the league. There has already been rumours Lennon tried to buy Randolph in January. On this occasion we need to stay strong. With two years remaining on his contract the accepted bid should be one million plus. Any less and we are cheating ourselves. I would be delighted if we got to keep him for another year. Surprised if we will though.

In saying that I was convinced Jennings was Championship bound yet he could actually sign another contract with us. Fingers crossed on both....but Randolph is our main asset above all others for me.

or Michael Owen if you believe some of the tadgers I work with

Awk aye, Michael Owen is going to pass up away games in English stadiums like the emarites to come to Scotland and play away games at fir park, really realistic.

Not too surprised at Jeffers going if that proves to be the case, although I wouldn't have minded seeing him, having a break, pre-season and hopefully an injury free season to see what he really could have produced.

In his time with us it was certainly better than the doomsday scenario forecasted by some and I think when we look back we'll say it was a decent if not startling piece of business by McCall.

Certainly the number of goals he scored could have been a bit higher but as a few have mentioned his movement and the bringing others into the game was a notable contribution.

I would imagine he's got what he hoped for out the deal, game time, trauning time and the exposure he hoped for to try to get himself back at a fair level in England, that exposure culminating in playing in the Scottish Cup Final in front of 50,000 folk and live on the TV across the UK and beyond.

says in the record this morning jeffers is away but McCall thinks Jenno will knock back Aberdeen and stay with us

Jeffers was a good player for us and I'd have been happy if he'd stayed - best of luck to him.

As for Jenning, this would be great news for us but giving our recent history with the shaggers, I'd rather nothing was said until a contract was signed.

says in the record this morning jeffers is away but McCall thinks Jenno will knock back Aberdeen and stay with us

Not surprised about Jeffers. I did not get the impression that he was ever that keen on being up here. Jenno would be a real blow, particularly if it was to Aberdeen. Would hate to see him play against Well, particularly with his style of play. He would turn from hero to villian very quickly.

The reality however is that money talks and a players career is short so if Aberdeen can offer more than Well, then he will go. I have a feeling that McCall may offer him Captaincy to stay however with Hartley gone at the Dons Brown may be offering him the same up there.

Awk aye, Michael Owen is going to pass up away games in English stadiums like the emarites to come to Scotland and play away games at fir park, really realistic.

He'd hardly be the first EPL player to come up here, and it's not like he hasn't seen and done all that the EPL has to offer a hundred times over by now. So seems unlikely, but not exactly unthinkable.

Think McCall is having his clear out and establishing who wants to stay, then decide where the holes are in the team that need to be filled. Think he will obviously see that the forward line is non existent. Can wait to see this new guy we signed from is it Dumbarton?. From what I have heard he is certainly one for the future, great that we can still find guys like this in the lower leagues and bring them on.

Aye, I don't think you're alone in being excited about Devlin. My mate is heavily into Dumbarton and raves on about how good he is, until you remember that he's 17 and you realise how good a prospect he is.

Great work by the club.

Still a tad cheeky to be making such a comment. He now joins Tom Boyd in bawbag status as far as im concerned. :download:

Not when its the truth.

Hearts have a bigger crowds, a stadium with an infinetly better atmosphere and a good rivalry outside the old firm matches with Hibs in the form of 3/4 derby matches a year.

We have pathetic crowds, a silent stadium and no decent derby or matches with any decent rivalry outwith the old firm.

And thats not even thinking about wages. Compared with Motherwell, Hearts are a "proper" club.

Offering Craigan a deal though :doh:

I reckon we NEEDED to offer Craigan another deal. Our other centre halves need one more season of experience beside them. Fair enough Craigan's execution of certain things is getting pretty patchy these days, but that doesn't change the fact that he knows what to do, how it should be done, and when. The younger guys need that coaching for another year.

• Like 1

I reckon we NEEDED to offer Craigan another deal. Our other centre halves need one more season of experience beside them. Fair enough Craigan's execution of certain things is getting pretty patchy these days, but that doesn't change the fact that he knows what to do, how it should be done, and when. The younger guys need that coaching for another year.

100% agree with this. Craigan may be slowing down a bit but his reading of the game is still superb and he has a lot that he can teach the likes of Hutchinson, Saunders and Page. They'll really benefit from working with him for another year.

• Like 1