2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

I'm presuming he means we can then push Hammell into Left Mid? Not convinced by that... If he's staying, then surely left-sided centre back to pair with Hutchy would be ideal.

hammell as well is never a left midfielder

Didn't realise he was that young. Still, needs a bit of the Archie Knox 'run ye bastard' training. No excuse for not tracking players.

For 19 Gunning is a pretty good prospect, yes he gets caught out a few times but who does not, especially Motherwell back 4, there is money to be saved during the Summer, i would get rid of Franny, although he brings the experience to the club he does not bring goals which is the reason we signed him in the first place, and my assumption is that he would be commanding a pretty big wage, which could be directed to maybe one or two younger players from the lower leagues, be it South or North of the border.

In real need of a Pacer Striker.. who actually puts the ball in the back of the net.... Real asset to any club so that wont come cheap, so look down the pyramid maybe even in Scotland lower leagues.

Another centre Midfield player, with the ability to pass and create & someone with a few tricks in his locker, Lasley and Jennings are to samey for me... but never the less good players, work engines, are valuable but you only really need one engine in the midfield the other must create.

Centre back required; Craggs great club servant but needs a replacement sooner rather than later, with a view to shadowing Craggs should he stay then take over the mantle on Craggs exit. As apposed to waiting untill Craggs hangs the boots up.

Free up wages by getting rid of Jones, Jeffers, Casa.....the money saved by those leaving should be enough to snap up some lower league potential investments.

For 19 Gunning is a pretty good prospect, yes he gets caught out a few times but who does not, especially Motherwell back 4, there is money to be saved during the Summer, i would get rid of Franny, although he brings the experience to the club he does not bring goals which is the reason we signed him in the first place, and my assumption is that he would be commanding a pretty big wage, which could be directed to maybe one or two younger players from the lower leagues, be it South or North of the border.

In real need of a Pacer Striker.. who actually puts the ball in the back of the net.... Real asset to any club so that wont come cheap, so look down the pyramid maybe even in Scotland lower leagues.

Another centre Midfield player, with the ability to pass and create & someone with a few tricks in his locker, Lasley and Jennings are to samey for me... but never the less good players, work engines, are valuable but you only really need one engine in the midfield the other must create.

Centre back required; Craggs great club servant but needs a replacement sooner rather than later, with a view to shadowing Craggs should he stay then take over the mantle on Craggs exit. As apposed to waiting untill Craggs hangs the boots up.

Free up wages by getting rid of Jones, Jeffers, Casa.....the money saved by those leaving should be enough to snap up some lower league potential investments.

Jeffers hasn't scored alot of goals however i bet he's created a shed load !! he drags defenders all over the place, and looks an utter pain in the ass to defend against, i'd be more than happy to have him around next season !!

Jeffers hasn't scored alot of goals however i bet he's created a shed load !! he drags defenders all over the place, and looks an utter pain in the ass to defend against, i'd be more than happy to have him around next season !!

Thats a good point you make about Jeffers, but i was coming from the finances side of life, and the wage he will be on, prob enough to pay 3 players from the lower leagues. But a fare shout never the less!

Thats a good point you make about Jeffers, but i was coming from the finances side of life, and the wage he will be on, prob enough to pay 3 players from the lower leagues. But a fare shout never the less!

Jeffers isn't on a big wage. Motherwell did not break their wage structure to get a player who was out of football. If he stays he will still not be on big money!

Just checked out a few things there age-wise, and Jonathan Page, Shaun Hutchinson, Steven Meechan, Jordan Halsman and Gary Smith are all older than Gavin Gunning.

Rather than lacking anything, I think for Gunning to be at the standard he is right now, we should be throwing high class hookers through his bedroom window to encourage him to sign with us!!

• Like 3

Agree with that Al. From what I have seen, Gunning has shown good potential for a guy his age. Be happy to bring him on board and expose him the the Motherwell Youth Development method (not quite the Total Football of Ajax, but not too bad).

not impressed by his 'Hearts are a proper club' quote

It is not his thoughts though it was his Jambo neighbour,

Sutton said: “The Hearts fans live on the bottom floor and they are delighted I have signed because they were always telling me I was at the wrong club.

“They kept teasing me about signing for a proper club and telling me about the unique atmosphere at Tynecastle.

Jeffers isn't on a big wage. Motherwell did not break their wage structure to get a player who was out of football. If he stays he will still not be on big money!

Of course i dont know what wage he is on.... it was a guess, but still he would be on more than most at a lower level i suppose.

Still a tad cheeky to be making such a comment. He now joins Tom Boyd in bawbag status as far as im concerned. :download:

Anyone see Mad Vlad on the news tonight ?

If I'd just signed a contract to work for him, I'd be seriously worried :thumbup::thumbup:

a cup final star on the verge of signing a new deal if you beleive scott burns.must be either jenno or craggs surely

Sorry to dissappoint, but we didn't have any cup final stars. Unless I am missing something.

Could also be Gunning. He hit the cross bar so probably the closest to being a star.

Sorry to dissappoint, but we didn't have any cup final stars. Unless I am missing something.

Could also be Gunning. He hit the cross bar so probably the closest to being a star.

:lol: aye fair point. Whoever stated he is a pro forum reader seems to be spot on. Hope its Jennings if there is truth to it.