2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Have the sheep not got a scouting network ? Begining to think they just pay someone to come to our games Sheepy Wankers

Mark McGhee, Scott Leitch, Colin Meldrum, Craig Brown, Archie Knox, and Nick Blackman. Tried to lure away Jim O'Brien and Steve Jennings to zero success and are now, apparently, sniffing about Gavin Gunning. This will more than likely not be a definitive list as there were rumours they were keen on Craigan/Reynolds as well. They must have piles of Motherwell DVDs up in Pittodrie.

Only made fuunier by the fact that in Scotland (well maybe not Knox :lol:) we got the best out of every single one of the above.

Not trying to be negative but I've seen a few people say this and I don't understand why.

It's basically the same squad as last season except it's smaller, has fewer experienced players and we've lost Sutton and replaced him with someone who on paper scores fewer goals, and we've brought in Nicky Law who I've read a lot of mixed reports about (not physical, got talent but goes missing in matches, twice in Division team of the season albeit a lower level than SPL).

Far from being the best squad we've had for a long time to me it looks slightly weaker than last season unless Nicky Law makes a huge impact and becomes a star player or one of the younger players does a Faddy/Reynolds.

Higdon's better than Sutton.

Law's better than Jeffers.

and Devlin's better than ross.

Bring it !!!!Mon the Well.:drinks:

Higdon's better than Sutton.

Law's better than Jeffers.

and Devlin's better than ross.

Bring it !!!!Mon the Well.:drinks:

Couldn't agree more.

McCall has strengthened right across the board. I did like Sutton, but Higdon was a real handful last season and a prolific scorer.

The fact that Jeffers and Ross were winding down there (over hyped) careers and we have replaced them with young, ambitious players with potential shows that McCall has got it right.

Jennings signing for another season is great news, I hardly think he's the type of player who would lack in effort if he had signed a pre-contract so him being around for another year will be of great benefit to us. Don't think he'll sign a fourth consecutive one year deal, but you never know. As for Higdon, him being fit and on form is crucial as we have little back up, but last season he scored five more SPL goals than Sutton and had a far better goals to games ratio!

Have the sheep not got a scouting network ? Begining to think they just pay someone to come to our games Sheepy Wankers

You would like to think that Gunning would have the brains to notice last season that Aberdeen is an absolute graveyard for footballers. And if he didn't notice, surely to f*ck Blackman would tell him he's better of with us?

• Like 1

I hated Novo in his Rangers days, mostly because he was Rangers through and through and never hid his passion for the club. If he came to Fir Park, banged in some goals and showed the same level of passion for Motherwell and the fans, I'm sure my opinion of him would quickly change.

I dont mind signing players from the OF but it's those with that attitude, on either side, that I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. When they are too closely associated, in everybody's minds not just the bigots, with one side of the great divide I would leave well alone.

• Like 1

I dont mind signing players from the OF but it's those with that attitude, on either side, that I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. When they are too closely associated, in everybody's minds not just the bigots, with one side of the great divide I would leave well alone.

When we played at Ibrox a couple of year back (the game where Sutton scored a screamer from about 30 yards) I was in the players' lounge as my cousin was playing with Rangers 17s at the time. After the match a few 'Well players - Stevie Hammill, Steve McGarry and another, I think - came in and had a can of juice then left. Half an hour later, I assume after the 'Well bus left, Bob Malcolm walks in to a room full of h**s jizzing in their pants as they rush to greet him. He was in his glory - and it was one of the reasons that I hated seeing him in a 'Well shirt.

Once a chunt who aligns himself so close to either side of the squirm - always a chunt who will align themselves so close to them!

When we played at Ibrox a couple of year back (the game where Sutton scored a screamer from about 30 yards) I was in the players' lounge as my cousin was playing with Rangers 17s at the time. After the match a few 'Well players - Stevie Hammill, Steve McGarry and another, I think - came in and had a can of juice then left. Half an hour later, I assume after the 'Well bus left, Bob Malcolm walks in to a room full of h**s jizzing in their pants as they rush to greet him. He was in his glory - and it was one of the reasons that I hated seeing him in a 'Well shirt.

Once a chunt who aligns himself so close to either side of the squirm - always a chunt who will align themselves so close to them!

Davie Cooper? Stuart McCall?

Whilst I don't doubt your story shouldn't we treat every player and situation differently or should we be as short sighted as those OF fans we criticise and lump everybody in as 'another Bob Malcolm'?

Davie Cooper? Stuart McCall?

Whilst I don't doubt your story shouldn't we treat every player and situation differently or should we be as short sighted as those OF fans we criticise and lump everybody in as 'another Bob Malcolm'?

Comparing Bob Malcolm to Davie Cooper or Stuart McCall may just be against the law sad.gif

Anyway, I was merely agreeing with TheLip's point about a player with that certain attitude that I would avoid. Novo would probably fall into that camp along with the Neil Lennon's of the other side. I don't think I lump anyone into the 'another Bob Malcolm' category easily and was happy when Stuart McCall was announced manager ( I see him as I see him as more of a Bradford man than a Rangers one anyway). Also players like Ross McCormack, Jim O'Brien etc have been welcomed.

It's just the ones with half a brain cell between them that I wouldn't like to see us sign!

Comparing Bob Malcolm to Davie Cooper or Stuart McCall may just be against the law sad.gif

Anyway, I was merely agreeing with TheLip's point about a player with that certain attitude that I would avoid. Novo would probably fall into that camp along with the Neil Lennon's of the other side. I don't think I lump anyone into the 'another Bob Malcolm' category easily and was happy when Stuart McCall was announced manager ( I see him as I see him as more of a Bradford man than a Rangers one anyway). Also players like Ross McCormack, Jim O'Brien etc have been welcomed.

It's just the ones with half a brain cell between them that I wouldn't like to see us sign!

would be against the Nicky Law? evilgrin.gif

i'll get ma coat....... ph34r.gif

No' be signing anybody ever again then :evilgrin:;)

Sure, I get your point on the McCall/Cooper of this world compared to Lennon/Malcolm. For me Novo would be as likely to go to back to Rangers as he would be anyone else in Scotland. If we even had a chance of getting him (we don't though) then I would have him in a minute. I would live with that 'certain attitude' if he was doing the business for Motherwell on the park.

What about the time when everyone was doing their nut after a game at Ibrox after seeing Bob Malcolm go up to Barry Ferguson to get Ferguson's shirt off him in exchange, which infuriated the 'well fans firstly because they thought it was ridiculous that he was still pandering to Rangers and their players, and secondly but more importantly, the shirt the Malcolm gave away was one of the embroidered Phil O'Donnell ones...and there was a mass hissy fit about him disrespecting us by Ferguson's shirt meaning more to him than his player-only issue Phil shirt.

Until afterwards it was revealed that it had been arranged beforehand because Barry Ferguson and his wife, and Phil and his wife were extremely close friends, and Eileen had wanted Ferguson to have one of them...so Bob agreed to the swap so that the rest of the 'well squad wouldn't have to give up theirs as they had played with him and was a friend and colleague, whereas Bob hadn't joined the club til after. Also at a player 'do shortly afterwards, another Phil player-issue top was up for auction with Proceeds going to Phil's family, and Bob Malcolm paid 2 and a half grand for it so that he could replace the one he had given to Barry Ferguson.

Although obviously that doesn't fit in with the "Bob Malcolm is a Rangers-loving prick" angle mind you.

Article from the Evening Times......

Higdon can be Fir Park thriller

1 Jul 2011

Motherwell star Tom Hateley believes the addition of Michael Higdon could prove to be Well manager Stuart McCalll’s best piece of close-season business.

St Mirren’s top scorer was signed to replace striker John Sutton, who joined Hearts at the beginning of the summer.

Hateley admits he is a big fan of the giant Scouser and has been impressed with his contribution during Well’s first week of pre-season training.

Hateley said: “Michael Higdon gave us real problems last season and I think he could be a very good signing for us.

“It was always going to be vital that we got someone of similar quality in to replace John Sutton and I think the manager has more than done that.

“Michael is also a striker who has a lot more to his game than just winning knock-downs. He has shown in training this week what a great touch he has with either foot. I think he could be the key signing for us and I can see him linking up with Jamie Murphy really well.”

McCall is not finished in the transfer market and revealed he is looking to make at least two more signings.

The Fir Park gaffer has already made 23-year-old Rotherham player Nicky Laws his third capture of the summer after Dumbarton full-back Nicky Devlin and ex-Saints striker Higdon.

McCall said: “Our budget extends to one or maybe two more faces. We’ve only really got five defenders so that remains a priority.

“As much as our overall budget from last season has remained the same, we tied a lot of our younger talent down to two and three-year deals.

“In that instance, players’ wages increase in the second and third year and that has happened to us, so much so it’s probably the combined equivalent of a first-team player. It is a strategy that will pay-off and bear fruit in the long term.

“We are also hopeful that the likes of Stuart Carswell, Jonathan Page and Robert McHugh will make a real breakthrough this season.”

What about the time when everyone was doing their nut after a game at Ibrox after seeing Bob Malcolm go up to Barry Ferguson to get Ferguson's shirt off him in exchange, which infuriated the 'well fans firstly because they thought it was ridiculous that he was still pandering to Rangers and their players, and secondly but more importantly, the shirt the Malcolm gave away was one of the embroidered Phil O'Donnell ones...and there was a mass hissy fit about him disrespecting us by Ferguson's shirt meaning more to him than his player-only issue Phil shirt.

Until afterwards it was revealed that it had been arranged beforehand because Barry Ferguson and his wife, and Phil and his wife were extremely close friends, and Eileen had wanted Ferguson to have one of them...so Bob agreed to the swap so that the rest of the 'well squad wouldn't have to give up theirs as they had played with him and was a friend and colleague, whereas Bob hadn't joined the club til after. Also at a player 'do shortly afterwards, another Phil player-issue top was up for auction with Proceeds going to Phil's family, and Bob Malcolm paid 2 and a half grand for it so that he could replace the one he had given to Barry Ferguson.

Although obviously that doesn't fit in with the "Bob Malcolm is a Rangers-loving prick" angle mind you.

This will be the same Bob Malcom that taught his Aussie girlfriend all about FTP, the words to the Sash & installed the Billy Boys as her ringtone while the whole time insisting that he is the people. As with all Aussies she knew nothing of Scottish football and couldn't give a rats arse about religion but hey im sure he's really a top notch bloke with a well balanced outlook on the world and a great tolerance for others beliefs.

Everybody keeps going on about us going into the new season not having a natural right back,well i havent seen many mention us going into the new season without a natural left sided centre half which is every bit as important,since Reynolds left Craigan has been playing out of position in there,people are saying Craigan is past it based on his recent performances,i put his shaky 2nd half of the season more down to playing out of position,if Reynolds does come back,who do you leave out,Craigan or Hutchinson?

This will be the same Bob Malcom that taught his Aussie girlfriend all about FTP, the words to the Sash & installed the Billy Boys as her ringtone while the whole time insisting that he is the people

Yeah and didn't he also refuse to eat anything but oranges, burn down the local chapel and paint all the kerb stones red white and blue? rolleyes.gif

I'd love to see clubs like Sheffield Wednesday operate on a budget like ours. Even clubs in the fourth tier down south have bigger budgets than ours, and they don't have to compete against two massive clubs each season. Easy to criticise, try researching why there is a gulf before getting tore in!