Dundee Utd Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

Stuarty

Where you'll predict a hammering for us?

Maybe not neccessarily a hammering, but I'll predict defeat because it would be oh so typical of us to fuck it up big time against St.Johnstone having seemingly done the harder work by gubbing the holders. But of course I'll be hoping, praying that we can carry on our Cup form this season and get to the final which would be, quite frankly, fucking fantastic. :)

You'll predict defeat cos you always predict defeat :whistling:

Yes it would be typical for us to throw it away when it seems all laid out for us but it would be equally typical for us to put on a show and coast through like we did tonight. Cos that's just what we do, no-one knows what's coming next. Love it :yahoo:

A great win tonight and all credit to the management and players. Well done! Justice was done after Goodwillie's fortunate equaliser at Tannadice. Onwads and upwards and another trip to Hampden beckons.

Unfortunately I missed the game due to a gastric bug but hey we won and in style!

A great win tonight and all credit to the management and players. Well done! Justice was done after Goodwillie's fortunate equaliser at Tannadice. Onwads and upwards and another trip to Hampden beckons.

Unfortunately I missed the game due to a gastric bug but hey we won and in style!

You should be in yer bed Dave! By the way Phil reckons we play much better when your no there. Just saying like! Brilliant game, loved it

Wow! Credit where credits due. A simply immense performance from start to finish. Every goal was a beauty, every player and absolute star. Great crowd, great atmosphere (the best since Odense!) An outstanding performance and it really could've been more. McCall and the players deserve great credit for what was essentially and absolute humping of a team on great form just now.

Fucking magic!!!

We will never have a better chance of reaching a final than we do now, but equally St Johnstone will justifyably feel the same.

On a slightly down note, the late tackle on Hammell right at the start of the second half was a shocker and not one official spotted it! Swanston is a nasty wee fucker aswell so get it right up him and Houston whom I have grown to detest.

that was superb. it was great to see that we still have a performance like that in us 40 odd games into a very long season. walking out the east last night reminded me of the aalesunds game, 3 goals, a clean sheet and everyone with a smile on their face. we've got four huge games coming up now, if we can make the final and the top six it'll have been some season.

we completely bossed dundee united from start to finish, jenno and lasley are unplayable when they are on form and the front 4 made it count with goals. hammell and hateley were immense as well and if they were playing with knocks no one would have known. big gunning was top notch to, i think he knew he owed us a performance after killie. there seems to be a real belief amomgst the players right now that we can go on and it win it, you get the feeling that they're desperate for a crowing achievement to what has been a good few years. i think we're seeing the benefit of all the big games we've played in recently - the 6-6 and 3-3, the euro games, the cis semi - as the players seem to rise to the occasion and have confidence in their ability to put in a performance and get a result.

hopefully judas broon slithering back into fir park on saturday will inspire the team and the support to keep the intensity up from the off. the banner said 'time for new heroes' and we won't have many better chances to make history, fingers crossed we make the most of it.

• Like 1

I went to the game last night expecting to be out, and with that, following Saturday, I was going to be skipping the rest of the season barring the odd away game, however if the rest of the season is anything like last night, i'll be there every game, fair gets infectuous when there's an atmosphere like that. Would be brilliant if we had prices like that (or even a bit dearer, say £15 and £7 for games in the league) to try and encourage even 1000 extra punters in to get an atmosphere, the old place was rocking under the lights.

Onwards to Hampden for the second time this season, going to be a great weekend!

Superb performance, was fearing the worst going into last night but was delighted with the way we played. Every single player put in a shift for us which makes a huge difference. If we can play like that against St Johnstone in the semi final then we should be winning comfortably but you just can't predict what Motherwell will turn up these days. Hopefully the players will still be buzzing going into Saturday and destroy that Auld prick Broon. Mon the Well!!!