Motherwell Vs Rangers Discussion Thread

David

and for fuck sake will that commentator shut the fuck up, " 18 goals against motherwell this season...19 goals against motherwell this season...20 goals against motherwell this season" we get the fucking point :wallbash:

Keep in mind h**s fans can't count past 10, he's just helping them :P

Same old story against Rangers. We're always in it for a good period of the game. We give Rangers a goal and then our arses collapse. They hardly got out of 2nd gear if truth be told.

Not very good for the confidence and a hammering at Parkhead on the last day of the season could very well be on the cards.

Nonesense. If we were humping a team 4-0, 5-0 etc. in a must win game, in their stadium we'd be the exact same.

Aye we'd be the same in their stadium when up 4-0 cause that never happens. They expect it to happen anywhere

EDIT: well against the bigot brothers anyways

The team took the plaudits when we won the semifinal but as al pacino said in his post they should hang there heads in shame. BIG BIG wake up call today back to earth with an almighty bump. That result will sap the confidence from the players no doubt about that. Cant wait for MJC to give us his verdict on the shambles that was Motherwell today.Im disgusted with that performance today we didnt try a leg .Pains me to say it we lay down to Rangers today.

Defence was all at sea from the off today. I wouldn't say we lay down to Rangers but we didn't come close to having the same appetite for the game as Rangers, which I can understand to an extent.

With an eye on the Cup final, today is a timely reminder that we can't beat Celtic with a 2 man midfield. While we have got some decent footballers in the team, we need to go with a 3 man midfield that will battle like fuck.

Hat off to Steven Naismith, rediscovered his form from earlier in the season. Top player.

That was just a horrible horrible game. Really disheartened and down by that shite.

That's 21-3 to Rangers in 5 games this year. Worst ever season against them in my time as a well fan. Lack of effort from 75% of our team was frightening. Playing top of the league who have two 6ft plus forwards we drop our biggest and best centre half.

Really really scunnered.

first half was decent, 2nd was woeful.if we're going to have any chance against celtic then something has to be done about the defence, no composure, no marking, just shit defending and it wasn't much better against hearts.Also get jones to fuck.he's far too weak on the ball and takes too long, humphrey has to be in for the final if fit.

That was just a horrible horrible game. Really disheartened and down by that shite.

That's 21-3 to Rangers in 5 games this year. Worst ever season against them in my time as a well fan. Lack of effort from 75% of our team was frightening. Playing top of the league who have two 6ft plus forwards we drop our biggest and best centre half.

Really really scunnered.

Sums it up for me. Taking anything from todays game would have gone a long way to securing European football for next season so I can't understand why the strongest team didn't start. Plenty of time to rest players after todays game.

McCall has had the team playing really well and fighting for everything recently but in my opinion he has undone a lot of his good work today.

I'm totally pissed off by that performance. It was played like a meaningless end of season game but it was anything but.

• Like 1

Thought we played pretty well first half. 60% possession and a couple decent chances. Ive seen the pen about ten times now from all angles and Im still undecided so dont think you can blame ref. The first goal and Lafferty maybes different and that can change games.

Thought the team selection was curious though. If you want to rest players why not the older ones who need the rest more Craigan Lasley Jeffers?

Overall its just excuses though, we didnt turn up 2nd half and got what we deserved. Hopefully a painful lesson learned.

fucking shambles there was no fight about the team it even looked like they werent interested they just went through the motions.we stood off and let rangers play round us it was boys against men all game the tims and there conspiracy theories will be going into meltdown.weve been pish against rangers all season apart fae the semi final but i never saw a performance like that coming im really sickened by that display :angry:

If memory serves it was after the match at Inverness where we lost 3-0. In a thread entitled "Stuart McCall true to his blue credentials"

I believe my complete answer was this

You seem to be implying there is some sort of collusion here and i will hotly dispute that scenario,

There is no corruption or collusion, no helping of old friends either, Stuart McCall is just one shite manager.

That was back on the 6th March.

The laugh's on you mate.

• Like 1

I can understand why McCall did what he did today.

Facts are we haven't beat Rangers for 9 years, combine it with the aggregate scores this season it was always going to be an uphill task. I'm sure he is mindful of potential Cup Final starting line ups and therefore needs to experiment in competative matches where he can. I'm guessing he felt he may as well do it against Rangers today as going by the form book the best we could hope for is one point. There is still £80k at stake for 5th opposed to 6th place, the game next Wednesday will be a full strength squad unless Killie get a results (which is doubtful as they have a harder run in).

What didn't help was that both Jones and Ross had their worst games since joining today, however lets not ignore the playing against 11 men plus the ref mentality that must have crept in the first 20 minutes or so. Combine that with a very fortunate bounce of Gunning and et voila, goal number 1.

Jelavic could have easily had a hat trick as the heads dropped. There is no excuse for sleeping on the job or not tracking back (Mr Jones). Naismith also had a very accomplished display.

However too many in Claret and Amber appeared to be mindful of picking up injuries than the task at hand.

Losing in the manner we have to Rangers this season has been a bitter pill to take, the only repsectable score was in the CIS Cup Semi.

An absolutely shameful, gutless and pathetic display from us today and that's us back down to earth with an almighty thud. Rangers were well worth their win today and if anything should have beaten us by seven or eight goals but we have contributed greatly to our own downfall and criticism must be made of the team AND the manager, whether folk like that or not.

Why was Humphrey not playing? Was he injured? If so then why was he on the bench? And why did the team look so lacklustre, under motivated and under prepared? Answers on a postcard Mr McCall. YOU are the manager, it is your job to get the team up for every game they play.

And the team itself? Absolutely gutless and no passmarks atall. Maurice Ross was absolutely diabolical at right back, say no more, our midfield let the game pass them by, Jones looks okay in the first half and fell completely away in the second and don't get me started on Jeffers up front. The second half performance was one of the worst I have ever seen from a Motherwell team. Rangers were totally comfortable and didn't even need to get out of second gear, and they knew it. They just sat in and picked us off at will as we strolled about cluelessly, barely putting a foot in.

Completely and utterly unacceptable from start to finish.