Motherwell Vs Rangers Discussion Thread

David

Fuck this playing down the defeat and everyone calm down.

We got pumped 5-0 at home, 5 going on 8. If anyone is sitting satisfied bye this then they have a problem.

This was a disgraceful, lacklustre performance bye players playing for a contract and a cup final place aswell as potential for Europe.

I am raging about this today and quite rightly so.

• Like 2

Fuck this playing down the defeat and everyone calm down.

We got pumped 5-0 at home, 5 going on 8. If anyone is sitting satisfied bye this then they have a problem.

This was a disgraceful, lacklustre performance bye players playing for a contract and a cup final place aswell as potential for Europe.

I am raging about this today and quite rightly so.

100% agree. Absolutely gutted about todays result. With the CIS semi the exception I can't believe I have sat through four pumpings from the blue bigots of glasgow.

I'm all for having the best players available to us on the park or on the bench. What I wouldn't have is Casagolda as a sub and Gary Smith in a club tracksuit sitting up the back of the POD Stand. Ones for the off asap (please) and one is for our future and should be getting as much experience as possible.

We have had an excellent season so far, and is potentially a legendary one.

However.

We were truly truly atrocious today, there is no hiding from that. Regardless of whether or not we should have been 1 down at the break. They could have easily had 7 or 8.

Back four was bad. - I'm sorry to say it but Craigan has his best years a long way behind him, and, in my opinion was at fault for the 2nd goal. Mo Ross was too busy trying to be a smart arse on the ball in the first half and Gunning certainly didn't have his best game either. Why wasn't Hutchy playing? He's been outstanding the latter half of this season.

The midfield was awful - this is what lost us the game IMO. Jennings and Lasley weren't at the races and I lost count of how many times they passed the ball straight to a rangers player or got caught napping. Jones didn't exactly cover himself in glory either - his first touch let him down. Murphy was off form today as well and sprayed a number of passes/balls in the wrong direction.

Up front - a bit toothless today. The Rangers defence knew how to play Sutton and played him well. He was beaten to the headed ball on most occasions and was well marked all game. Didn't get much of a chance. Jeffers - read Jones. First touch was bad today and both players give up far far too easily on chase balls.

All in all, we've had a brilliant season, but there is no hiding from the fact we were dreadful, absolutely dreadful. I am sick fed up of getting routinely pumped by them every single time they come play us. Either they have us figured out better than we know ourselves or we are doing what Aberdeen to against the Old Firm (i.e. only turn up against one side). Lacklustre and lacking effort.

Can't say much more than that.

Extremely dissapointed in the result today.

A bad bad day to be a well fan. Rode like a pit pony.

Listening to all the 'lying down' pish from ignorant swines on the radio and in the pub earlier pissed me off big time.

Totally fuckin dumstruck by that today

I'm wondering if some joker has been in the boot room and put studs on the upper of all the boots.

i had the 'lying down' pish said to me within about 10 minutes of leaving the stadium that and the h**s without the bus fare shite has been mentioned to me all day its really got on my tits big time :angry:

Celtic fans are mongos....it's bad enough us needing them to win the league to 100% get Europe and we're still all h**s withoutb the busfare....just imagine what it would be like if we were needing Rangers to win the league

Fuck Rangers and Fuck Celtic

Why can't they just fucking realise we despise them both

c***s

the team lacked fight! the first half there was nothing between the two second half we came flying out the traps but faded after 3 mins. someone sitting behind me in the pod stand said it right, The team seem scared to go for a 50/50 ball incase they got injured.

anyway onward and upwards lets pump the dundee utd next week :thumbup:

Just goes to show that no matter how well the team are playing and how confident the fans are the mould firm are always capable of ripping us a new arsehole. A timely reminder for those thinking our name's on the cup this year. Also puts into perspective just how big an achievement a cup final win over one of the bigots really is.

Just goes to show that no matter how well the team are playing and how confident the fans are the mould firm are always capable of ripping us a new arsehole. A timely reminder for those thinking our name's on the cup this year. Also puts into perspective just how big an achievement a cup final win over one of the bigots really is.

Thing is though. This wasn't murder or manslaughter. This was suicide.

Totally self inflicted.

As the boys in the shed have said 'time for new heros'. The 91 team ripped Rangers a new one when they came calling. The class of 2011 shat in the nest.

That was a really important game they never turned up for.

Whether we like it or not yesterday was the "perfect storm". One side going flat out for the title, knowing that goal difference could be critical and the other side just looking to keep fit and avoid injuries. No, of course the players didn't want to get hammered but they'll know themselves the reasons why. The final will be a different ball game - the lads will know they've got to fire on all cylinders and will be pumped up for for it.

Not pretty spectating I agree but thems are the facts.

Why were we just looking to keep fit and avoid injuries rather than give our chances of qualifying for Europe a massive boost? Why go hell for leather last week and then come out with a weakened team full of non triers this week? The cup final is 3 weeks away FFS.

You seem to have totally missed the point with every post you have made on this subject. Are you saying we can expect performances like this for the rest of the season?

I don't buy this argument about a fear over injuries. If it is the case then we will not pick up another point between now and the end of the season. Also if this is the case we will have a squad of players who come the final will not be match fit. How many times have we heard managers bemoan the fact that you can play as many pre season friendlies as you like but it does not prepare you for that first competitive game of the season.

Yesterday was worse than that though. There was at least three players in that team yesterday that could not even be bothered to track back in the second half. Gunning and Jones were the worst culprits an Jeffers was not too far behind.

If there is a fear of injury then rest the key players untill the final and get them on a fitness regime that maintains that top end sharpness because going through the motions like yesterday does no good to anyone.

This idea that there was nothing to play for yesterday is total bullshit. A European place and 5th place in the league (worth some £90000 I think?) is not nothing. Also do players not play for pride anymore?

First half we were the better side, refereeing that can only be described as blatant cheating done us. However, the second half is an absolute embarrassment to Motherwell FC and it's fans. I really hope McCall and Black have the lads in today and are reading them the riot act, right through the team, there are players that need a severe kick up the arse. 8 goals against in 2 games is a major concern and the defence looked utterly shambolic yesterday. Really thought we could get something from what is a very poor Rangers side, we were bullied by the physical nature of their "style" of play and just gave up the ghost which is shocking.

• Like 2

spot the mistake from the Sunday Mail report...

Rangers came close to conceding a penalty in 13 minutes when Madjid Bougherra brought down Franny Jeffers.

The foul was right on the edge of the area and ref Mike Tumilty correctly awarded a freekick on the line.

So that'll be a penalty then!

After a good first half how we were quite so terrible second half yesterday is beyond me. Team showed absolutely nothing. A good few of those players really need to take a look at themselves today and ask why we got 5 put past us. I just hope this serves as a reality check to them and gives them a right good volley up the arse.

Whether we like it or not yesterday was the "perfect storm". One side going flat out for the title, knowing that goal difference could be critical and the other side just looking to keep fit and avoid injuries. No, of course the players didn't want to get hammered but they'll know themselves the reasons why. The final will be a different ball game - the lads will know they've got to fire on all cylinders and will be pumped up for for it.

Not pretty spectating I agree but thems are the facts.

Disagree Kmac - We were playing for Europe. If we had been up for it - even a draw would have gone a long way to securing it.

The team line up wasn't broke yet the manager deemed it necessary to try and fix it , why ?

We have given so much ammunition to all the "you lay down to Rangers " merchants and on the basis of losing 40% of our league goals to them its hard to defend.

The team line up wasn't broke yet the manager deemed it necessary to try and fix it , why ?

We have given so much ammunition to all the "you lay down to Rangers " merchants and on the basis of losing 40% of our league goals to them its hard to defend.

That's a frightening and sickening statistic. To lose so many goals to such a pish poor side is completely unacceptable. Fair enough the skint Rangers teams goals where scored by £17m worth of talent but they are not a good side.

Disagree Kmac - We were playing for Europe. If we had been up for it - even a draw would have gone a long way to securing it.

+1 on that. If there was one game we needed to turn up for before the final, this was it.