Pre Season Match/Tour Thread

Finlay

Might get another match close by (Morton) lined up during midweek as well. Seems we might go down the Scottish lower league route after all. Certainly what the other sides outside the OF seem to be doing.

Confirmed on their site;

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3531

With the announcement of our first pre-season game I figured I'd throw up a thread for those of us desperate enough to want to discuss our games against lower league opposition this summer.

Thus far, we have games with the following sides confirmed;

Dumbarton (away) - July 9th

One of Motherwell’s first pre-season games of the 2011/2012 season will be at Dumbarton’s Strathclyde Homes Stadium.

The game, arranged as part of the deal that will see young Nicky Devlin join up at Fir Park for next season, will take place on Saturday July 9th.

A combination of first-team players and U19 prospects will play in the match with former Sons loans Ross Forbes and Jordan Halsman likely to feature.

Further information on kick-off times and ticketing arrangements will be confirmed soon.

I know it's pretty sad, but I'm actually looking forward to going to the game. I miss football already :cry:

Looking forward to this one. I've never been to Dumbarton's new(ish) ground before.

Also looking forward to this one. Was talking to a diehard Sons fan at work today and it is indeed a game as part of the Devlin deal. Motherwell agreed to compensate the Sons having signed one of their young prospects, Jordan Halsman going there on loan was also part of the deal as Annan were more than happy to extend his loan deal there. It seems Dumbarton has set up a good youth policy and Motherwell and Dumbarton have some agreement with players stepping up to a higher level and players going the other way for match games. Seems like a good wee set up

went to a game there a few years ago, nice ground below the rock and if you get board there's a nice view of Dumbarton and the river Leven

keep an eye out for the elephant mascot apparently Dunbartom use to have lots of trade links to India :toclue:

was that the first useless football facts for the 2011/2012 season? :sarcastichand:

In my opinion, it's good too play teams from lower leagues and royally thump them, it's always good for confidence gubbing anyone four or five nil.

Also, I like the sound of Leeds at Elland Road or Blackpool at Bloomfield Road. We could take a fair crowd down there especially to Blackpool as many could take their families

Why did Blackpool invite Hibs down last year? Yeah they are a reasonably bigger club but they would still take roughly the same numbers as we would.

I think you will find that Hibs are a bigger attraction for Blackpool fans than Motherwell are. When playing a home friendly you have to pay for stewarding, policing, catering, cleaning etc so you want to play against a team that will tempt your own fans to attend & like it or not Hibs are a much more recognised club than Motherwell.

If we are getting a 'glamourous' game it will be at Fir Park and it will be for Craigan's testimonial. Must be the longest testimonial year in Scottish football history. His race night in JD's was Jan/Feb 2010 and still no mention of a match on the horizon.