The Michael Higdon Thread

DEWELL

The very 1st post on this thread is quite funny :lol:

It is indeed. In case anyone can't be bothered going back see below laugh.gif .

Thats me watched big Higdon in 5 games home and away and apart from the odd flick on he really is ineffective for us up front. If he isn't continually caught offside he's continually fouling the defender in the jump for high balls. Any meagre amount of shots on goal he's had has been powderpuff. To say im dissapointed is an understatement. I thought he'd be a good player for us but with what i've seen so far he's CRAP!! There's no link up with Murphy or Humpries either and we really look pish up front. Two strikers are a MUST for us in the window or our season will go tits up relying on him getting goals for us. :dash2:

Higgy becomes only the sixth Motherwell striker since World War II to hit 20 top-flight goals in a single season.

The last time it was achieved was by Willie Pettigrew back in 1977 - 36 years ago. He joins Wilson Humphries, Ian St John, Pat Quinn, Joe McBride and The 'Grew.

He now needs just four more to record the clubs' best ever league return (24) in the top flight since the days of Willie McFadyen in the 1930s.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2013/03/16/higdon-joins-the-twenty-club/

• Like 2

Higgy becomes only the sixth Motherwell striker since World War II to hit 20 top-flight goals in a single season.

The last time it was achieved was by Willie Pettigrew back in 1977 - 36 years ago. He joins Wilson Humphries, Ian St John, Pat Quinn, Joe McBride and The 'Grew.

He now needs just four more to record the clubs' best ever league return (24) in the top flight since the days of Willie McFadyen in the 1930s.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2013/03/16/higdon-joins-the-twenty-club/

Esteemed company indeed.

Get him signed now!

Good article ..and that pic used with WP scoring against an Alex Ferguson managed St Mirren.....now that is the crowds I remember being part of at the Old Fir Park.......

I also remember that year he tied with Andy Gray for the top scorer, he only played half the season whilst Gray played most of Utd's games. Could be clouded through time but that's my recollection, stattos might want to prove or disprove.

who took our last penalty anyway. We've not had many have we?

Hateley at Celtic park.

We've had three in the league. Higgy, Hateley and Murphy missing one each and Higgy missing another in the cup.

0/4. Shockingly bad!

Eta. I'd have Faddy hitting our next one.

Hateley at Celtic park.

We've had three in the league. Higgy, Hateley and Murphy missing one each and Higgy missing another in the cup.

0/4. Shockingly bad!

Eta. I'd have Faddy hitting our next one.

Higdon scored his penalty in the cup

This should most likely be our highest goal scoring season in the premier league. Higdon has palyed a big part in getting us there. I think our highest so far has been 55 goals and we are now on 51 with 7 games to go. Combine that with the number of goals we are conceding this year and you're geting your money's worth with respect to goals!!!

EDIT: Apologies to the defence! our lowest goals against tally is 44 which was last season. Right now we are on 41 with 7 games left. So hopefully we can have our best defensive season too although I think that will be much harder to achieve. However it does make you wonder that perhaps our defence hasn't quite been as bad they have been made out to be. I think we just got spoiled last year

the years prior were 60, 54, 51 and 46

This should most likely be our highest goal scoring season in the premier league. Higdon has palyed a big part in getting us there. I think our highest so far has been 55 goals and we are now on 51 with 7 games to go. Combine that with the number of goals we are conceding this year and you're geting your money's worth with respect to goals!!!

EDIT: Apologies to the defence! our lowest goals against tally is 44 which was last season. Right now we are on 41 with 7 games left. So hopefully we can have our best defensive season too although I think that will be much harder to achieve. However it does make you wonder that perhaps our defence hasn't quite been as bad they have been made out to be. I think we just got spoiled last year

the years prior were 60, 54, 51 and 46

I imagine it's probably because The Rangers aren't in the league this year, so the 12 or so goals we usually concede to them each season are shared out amongst the other teams, therefore conceding 1 or 2 goals more often. Maybe. blum3.gif

Great to think how many of our records we're beating under McCall, and I hope we can kick on and beat our previous goals and points records in the remaining games.

I imagine it's probably because The Rangers aren't in the league this year, so the 12 or so goals we usually concede to them each season are shared out amongst the other teams, therefore conceding 1 or 2 goals more often. Maybe. blum3.gif

Great to think how many of our records we're beating under McCall, and I hope we can kick on and beat our previous goals and points records in the remaining games.

That and I wouild love to see Higdon destroy the record for our top goal scorer since the 1930's.

So aside from second place aspirations there are several other reasons for the team to get fired up on a game by game basis to get some of those records. I will say that since the Ross County game i think we have been doing a great job of pressing up on the opposition to win the ball back. I hope that continues.

• Like 1

I love Higdon.

I love his ungainly, flabby ways.

I love the goals.

I love the celebrations.

I seriously love the way he tries to drag the performance up by talking to teammates.

I love that he seems to actually enjoy this football nonsense.

I remember there being an enormous Shellic hero, John Hartson, who played in an apparently better team.

They still love him.

Why is any real Motherwell fan still giving Higdon stick?

• Like 2

Depends what you mean by a defence. Our back four and midfield are poor defensively but I reckon that Randolph is the best goalkeeper I have seen at Fir Park and I can go back to Keith McCrae and Peter McCloy.

Without Randolph our goals against total would be higher and our points total lower.

• Like 2

I love Higdon.

I love his ungainly, flabby ways.

I love the goals.

I love the celebrations.

I seriously love the way he tries to drag the performance up by talking to teammates.

I love that he seems to actually enjoy this football nonsense.

I have seen no finer tribute to the big man than this...