Motherwell Vs Inverness Discussion Thread

David

Certain to be a tough match ,Inverness will cause our flat footed backtracking defenders all sorts of problems while our laboured over elaborate attacking play will cause there defenders little trouble .Going to be another frustrating day for the well fans and i fancy it will be third time lucky for Inverness, 0-1 for Butchers boys.

Nah PJ we never struggle with direct players who run at us with the ball, Paddy McCourt, Davis, Templeton etc we handle them well. Like Weiss last year for Rangers.

To be fair, after our inability to display anything remotely resembling professional defending against Weiss, I put a fair few quid on McCourt first goalscorer in the 1-0 at Parkhead defeat for entirely that reason and got a tidy return back - so it's not all bad... whistling.gif

It's going to be a tough game, we would have counted ourselves lucky to get a point at their place the fact we left with all three was robbery. Even the first game of the season, I know we played well and won 3-0 but they hit the post twice, Randolph pulled of a great one handed save & Richie blasted over the bar from about 12 yards out. Better finishing and a bit more luck and they could have stolen a point.

We don't score many at home(lowest in the SPL with 7) but we don't conceed many either(4th best in the SPL only lost 9) so I imagine it will be another tight game won by the odd goal.

Big four home games coming up, three in the league and one in the cup. Will have a big impact on the rest of our season. Hopefully we can steal the points again and give us a much needed boost in the league.

Motherwell (Murphy) 1 - 0 ICT

7 home league goals all season and 3 were in the same game is absolute woeful we really need to change things about but sadly i can see mccall sticking with 4-5-1.if we let higdon get isolated against inverness then we'll struggle just like previous home games theres no reason whatsoever why mccall wont set as up in a more positive formation and have a real go at it

• Like 1

dont think we've been found out. more like our luck has ran out, and players aint performing.

Caley was always going to make it hard, but expected at least a draw. To lose is very poor, and arses need to be kicked.

Also how many goals are we going to lose for not closing down the opposition!