If a Rangers newco are voted in to the SPL...

Jay

194 members have voted

1. 1. If a newco was voted into the SPL would you consider turning your back on SPL football?

• Yes
    • No

In short.....No, I wouldn`t stop going to FP. Why? Rangers will always be around because they boost the coffers of every club and we all know the chairmen aint gona vote against that.

Who can blame them? Kidding ourselves on if we think otherwise.

They will get a hard slap on the wrists,and probably come back stronger within the next 3-5yrs.

In short.....No, I wouldn`t stop going to FP. Why? Rangers will always be around because they boost the coffers of every club and we all know the chairmen aint gona vote against that.

Who can blame them? Kidding ourselves on if we think otherwise.

I don't think anyone is blaming them. Too many people seem to be misunderstanding those that will not return to watch SPL football. I can only speak for myself obviously, but I'm sure others are in the same boat - my opinion is simply that all enthusiasm and interest in league football in the top division is drained immediately when the other clubs simply welcome Rangers back into the league despite year upon year of blatant cheating. I completely understand the reasons why they would probably do so and probably wouldn't hold any great grudge against Motherwell or any other club for doing it. It's not a case of refusing to support Motherwell any longer because of feeling betrayed or anything, at least for me personally.

But that wouldn't change the fact that my desire to attend SPL football would be dead. I would probably still go along to Scottish & League Cup matches because I could never severe myself from Motherwell completely, but in terms of competitive league football I would be finished.

"the possible loss of a few fans over the loss of 10,000 fans and everything else that would go with a Rangersless SPL."

When was the last time there was an OF game at Fir Park that attracted 10000 away supporters ????

The Sky deal shafted every team in Scotland outwith the OF.

If you follow the gruesome twosome then you buy your season for the home games and sit on your arse for all the away games because you know you will get to see them every second week on SKY or ESPN and even on the good old BBC if it happens to be a cup game.

The advantage to our club in terms of support might just be greater than you think if we we were in a position to be challenging in a league without the

Govan Rangers.

If they get to liquidation and form a new club let them apply to join the SFL the same way Gretna and the highland teams had to do.

Mon the Dossers

Not going to happen anyway so hypothetically speaking this thread means nothing very much.

It's looking perhaps unlikely, but it's no where near being impossible yet. Very many journalists who you'd expect to be as 'in the know' as anyone are all still saying liquidation is a very real possibility, therefore I don't think there's any reason to completely dismiss it just yet.

And with that in mind, I'd say this thread does mean something. At least as much as threads about the club moving to a new stadium, James McFadden moving to Motherwell, and any other of the many threads that are based on something that may or may not happen in the future, but are still relevant and provide a talking point.

It's looking perhaps unlikely, but it's no where near being impossible yet. Very many journalists who you'd expect to be as 'in the know' as anyone are all still saying liquidation is a very real possibility, therefore I don't think there's any reason to completely dismiss it just yet.

And with that in mind, I'd say this thread does mean something. At least as much as threads about the club moving to a new stadium, James McFadden moving to Motherwell, and any other of the many threads that are based on something that may or may not happen in the future, but are still relevant and provide a talking point.

Providing a talking point aye, meaningless in my view as there is, and never has been, any 'real' threat of liquidation, much as I'd like it to happen. Hey disnae stop me commenting either so batter in, just saying likes. :thumbup:

(I knew you'd bite anyway Jay) ;)

Providing a talking point aye, meaningless in my view as there is, and never has been, any 'real' threat of liquidation, much as I'd like it to happen.

I hope you're right - a Rangers post-administration is going to be far weaker than a Rangers post-liquidation!

(I knew you'd bite anyway Jay) ;)

I'm supposed to be writing essays for uni and I'm basically doing anything I can other than that - you got lucky... whistling.gif

i wouldn't chuck anyone out that is capable of fulfilling their fixtures unless their is some explicit cheating going on eg the calcio scandal.

ebt's are immoral but they are only a small part of a massive amount of tax avoidance (70bn a year). they were widely used by banks and english clubs as well because their accountants told them they found a loop hole in the system. the government closed that retrospectively (which i'm glad about) and now they have to pay up. no one is talking about punishing the english teams involved and no one has ever mentioned newco share transfer ruining the credibility of english football as far as i can remember.

where were the high horses when we went into admin, bumped the taxman, sacked our players and finished bottom and still stayed in the league (then signed partick's best players whilst still in admin)?

It's already been pointed out that the two situations are not comparable, as we are not talking about the scenario of Rangers coming out of admin as Motherwell did, but liquidating and coming back as a whole new company parachuted into the SPL.

One thing I would like to point out though is Motherwell never "bumped the taxman". When we were in administration the tax man got every single penny owed and was not part of the CVA of 20p in the £. The vast majority of which was John Boyle writing off his own money, and almost all the rest was overpaid players cancelled contracts.

Was it a proud time in our history? No

Were some innocents out of pocket because of our mismanagement? Yes

Is it the same as taking a company into bankruptcy after deliberately not paying and VAT or PAYE for a year? Not in the same ball park!

I would probably still go along to Scottish & League Cup matches because I could never severe myself from Motherwell completely, but in terms of competitive league football I would be finished.

Same here, with almost 50 years of watching Motherwell in cup and league business I would not attend another SPL match. I'm not sure if the small amount who choose to make a stand, will have much effect on our finances, but for me it would be a matter of principal. For those who have already joined the Well Society, you could have inadvertently financed a season of a previously liquidated New Rangers shitting on us from a great height, and thanking them for the pleasure. Sounds good eh? Financially I can understand why Motherwell would vote to re-instate a liquidated Rangers back into the fold, for me, some things are just not worth the money.

Hopefully it wont come to, what would be a sad decision of not going to see the team I love. In an ideal world Rangers will come out of administration and any inquiry into alleged past cheating might be totally unfounded. Time will tell.

I don't like Rangers. They are my least favourite club in the world. I am enjoying their current plight but when it comes down to it I don't really give a fuck about them - whether they go out of business, stay up, go into liquidation or any thing else.

I'm a Motherwell man, I support Motherwell and that's all I really care about. The fact that a lot of people in here are saying they will walk away from their own club because of something that happens at Rangers or SPL headquarters offends me much more than any slippery skin saving deal Rangers might be able to get behind the scenes.

Seems to me too many people hate Rangers and Celtic more than they love their own club.

If you think after 26 years I'd throw my own club to the wolves because of ramifications coming out of Ibrox or else where you are very much mistaken.

• Like 2

I'm a Motherwell man, I support Motherwell and that's all I really care about. The fact that a lot of people in here are saying they will walk away from their own club because of something that happens at Rangers or SPL headquarters offends me much more than any slippery skin saving deal Rangers might be able to get behind the scenes.

The only surprise is it took until the fourth page for someone to batter in with the horrendous "I'm a better fan than you" shite.

Seems to me too many people hate Rangers and Celtic more than they love their own club.

Seems to me that you've spectacularly missed the point given any hatred of the Old Firm has absolutely nothing to do with it.

There is no way I would walk away from Motherwell

Even if they do get straight back in I would rather just moan and rant about it.

We cannot change anything

Clearly no club have the balls to stand up to cheating clubs like Rangers

But there is no chance in hell I would ever walk away from Motherwell FC

We can do both though.

Refuse rangers entry and then we have Celtic by the baws re voting and tv as Ross county and dunfermline would vote it in.

Shaft the pair of them.

Despite the gum flapping from some chairmen, teams that are in major debt aren't going to vote out what they see as a cash cow.

I'd rather my team was semi pro and had a bit of fucking dignity about it and that goes for the SPL as a whole.

Yip. I'll take a fair and entertaining sporting competition over a rich one any day.

This is nothing to do with punishing Rangers. This is a chance to change the status-quo that has for years held Scottish Football back. I honestly believe Scottish football is a sleeping giant being held down by the weight of the old firm.

Letting Rangers straight back in says to me that we aren't interested in progress - in breaking the deadlock. If Motherwell FC aren't interested in that, and can't see the past the short term gains then I'm scunnered. Not saying I'll make a conscious decision to not go back, but I know it might knock enough enthusiasm out of me to make me think twice about putting my hand in my pocket.

If they are allowed to waltz back into the SPL after their cheating antics what is point in other teams competing? As others have said if it was a non Old Firm team then they would have to apply for a license and begin from the 3rd division.

I wouldn't be back if it happened as I would find watching or even supporting a Scottish club pointless as the powers will make sure the big two are well catered for and given a significant advantage in the league.

I don't like Rangers. They are my least favourite club in the world. I am enjoying their current plight but when it comes down to it I don't really give a fuck about them - whether they go out of business, stay up, go into liquidation or any thing else.

If you think after 26 years I'd throw my own club to the wolves because of ramifications coming out of Ibrox or else where you are very much mistaken.

Orrite superfan bear with me for a second.

You've got a sister - who's in tow with a bit of an abusive fucker - likes to slap her about a bit, likes to play away behind her back as well. Up until you've found out about all of this you and the rest of yer family put up with him cos he's loaded and he throws his cash around a wee bit to you all - wee holidays, loans etc.

Your sister kicks him out when she's finally had enough of his abusive behaviour and cheating.

So you're telling me you'll talk your sister round to letting the c**t back into her house. Just because you'll miss the cash he splashes around in everybody's direction.

Some fuckin guy Yabba - good for you son

There comes a time in everybody's life when you do what's right.

• Like 1

Orrite superfan bear with me for a second.

You've got a sister - who's in tow with a bit of an abusive fucker - likes to slap her about a bit, likes to play away behind her back as well. Up until you've found out about all of this you and the rest of yer family put up with him cos he's loaded and he throws his cash around a wee bit to you all - wee holidays, loans etc.

Your sister kicks him out when she's finally had enough of his abusive behaviour and cheating.

So you're telling me you'll talk your sister round to letting the c**t back into her house. Just because you'll miss the cash he splashes around in everybody's direction.

Some fuckin guy Yabba - good for you son

There comes a time in everybody's life when you do what's right.

FFS Calm doon !

Some folk must have some voices going on in their head when their reading other folks posts

To be fair, that was possibly the worst analogy ever posted on here.

It is quite entertaining watching people get so worked up about a hypothetical, mind you.

This is quite clearly about a liquidated Rangers 'rising from the ashes' as a newco, and being admitted straight back into the SPL - which still exists a very real possibility. That has nothing to do with our admin days whatsoever.

there is two different ways that can go down.

leeds united, charlton and middlesborugh way. rangers never leave the spl, their share is transferred prior to oldco being liquidated. there is a mechanism within the league rules for this to happen.

or they get liquidated and their membership lapses.

do you make any distinction between them?

Been a suggestion that Rangers may present the SPL10 with a plan to split revenues all over, tickets and all, if accepted back into the SPL as a Newco.

Thoughts?

I'm massively divided on it, as obviously, fuck Rangers. They cheated their way through the best part of two decades of the SPL showing absolutely no regard for anyone else. The integrity of the league would obviously be called into question.

That said, an SPL where all the money is split, however questionable that is, would almost certainly benefit us, and possibly bridge the gap a bit between us and the Old Firm. If that money would lead to us have another one or two quality players, that could make a huge difference to us short and long term.