Post Split Fixtures

East_Stand_Al

Guys..

Does everybody not see a threat from St.Johnstone..

Win there spare game and only 8 points behind..

Thoughts

Too busy looking forward, getting our noses in front of Rangers will get us 2nd place so it's them who should be worrying about being caught for 3rd.

• Like 1

Subject of poor and unfair/biased scheduling comes up every year in the run in to the end of the season

almost every year a couple of wee'er teams have been shafted by losing a home gate and not to forget the fans of those clubs that have been short changed on season tickets

when clubs are claiming to be on the bread line I find it incredulous that the current system is still in place.

on the record last year the SPL announced that it was when teams not expected to be top/bottom six that created the most serious imbalance

So, finishing top six two seasons in a trot we should be OK? for an even 19 game split :popcorn:

2012- Celtic,Motherwell,Rangers,ST Johnstone,Utd,Hearts :whistling:

2011- Rangers,Celtic,Hearts,Utd,Killie,Motherwell

youd think the 'computer' :pleasantry: would use Killie and St Johnstone to balance the games dry.gif

At the risk of being called a pedant, this is the 3rd season on the trot we will be in the top six. The 2 seasons you have above and

2010 Rangers, Celtic, Dundee United, Hibernian, Motherwell and Hearts. This was the 6-6 season and the Jim Gannon season and the 3rd year on the trot we have qualified for Europe. Anyway sorry for being a pedant :blush: .

However, this only strengthens your point that there is no excuse for us to be shafted again this year.

At the risk of being called a pedant, this is the 3rd season on the trot we will be in the top six. The 2 seasons you have above and

2010 Rangers, Celtic, Dundee United, Hibernian, Motherwell and Hearts. This was the 6-6 season and the Jim Gannon season and the 3rd year on the trot we have qualified for Europe. Anyway sorry for being a pedant :blush: .

However, this only strengthens your point that there is no excuse for us to be shafted again this year.

Exactly, surely they realise we're a big team now?:whistling:

Guys..

Does everybody not see a threat from St.Johnstone..

Win there spare game and only 8 points behind..

Thoughts

Only 8 points behind? Whilst an 8 point gap to the next team is catchable, its a massive gap at this stage of the season. If we focus on trying to beat Rangers for second then third place will more than take care of itself.

Anyone in the know when the fixtures will be out, as all could be finalised by this weekend?

I understand it to be Monday if they are sorted this weekend.

let's hope that the revolution can sort out this post split fiasco as well. There should be a set method for deciding the post split fixtures so that everyone knows at the start of the season how it is going to work. Seems that it's just open to abuse again allowing the authorities to pander to the OF with no set procedure in place for setting the fixtures in a completely unbiased manner.

With celtic a stick on to win the league, as it stands just now post split the focus should be on making sure that both us and rangers play 19 home games each to ensure fair play in the battle for 2nd.

No team has a divine right to play 19 home games so if need be, celtic should lose a home game before we do - I hope this point has been noted by our board and the SPL informed!

Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong but have we not had only 18 home games for the last 2 or 3 seasons? About time we got a bit of a balance.

You're wrong.

We've only had an uneven split once in the 2009/10 season. We have had cause for complaint in other seasons though. Can't remember the exact reasons. Possibly an extra trip to either of the old firm or a team we competeing for positions with?

You're wrong.

We've only had an uneven split once in the 2009/10 season. We have had cause for complaint in other seasons though. Can't remember the exact reasons. Possibly an extra trip to either of the old firm or a team we competeing for positions with?

Sure we've had more but cannae be arsed checking. Deftinitely forced us to play both OF teams away one year, and reckon there was another where we ended up with only 18 home games.

Sure we've had more but cannae be arsed checking. Deftinitely forced us to play both OF teams away one year, and reckon there was another where we ended up with only 18 home games.

I was arsed to check.

Definetly just once.

and were the two instances quoted different seasons?

Not sure. All I checked was the number of home games we had in total. The only season we've not had 19 since the split was introduced was 09/10 season.

As I said I do remember us having other legitimate complaint on one or two other occasions. I could be arsed check all the individual fixtures to find what the anomalous games were.

One thing that might work in our favour is that since the split came in Rangers, Celtic, Dundee United and Hearts have always had perfect 19/19 fixtures and St. Johnstone had a 20/19 split before (extra home game).

Does anyone know when the post split fixtures are going to be announced?

Or do we have to wait until the title is decided so the powers that been can try to avoid the bigots from rioting at Parkhead or Ibrox by having the title decide there.

I quickly threw this together. not 100% sure if it's right or if it'll make sense to anyone. Hopefully it is and it does.

Not really sure what to make of it yet too... One thing is clear though. With 4 of the top six side due 3 post split home games something has to give.

split.png

I quickly threw this together. not 100% sure if it's right or if it'll make sense to anyone. Hopefully it is and it does.

Not really sure what to make of it yet too... One thing is clear though. With 4 of the top six side due 3 post split home games something has to give.

split.png

Yes, something has to give. In principle it'll be St Johnstone who will lose out if any team does.