2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Was at the Accies/Morton game today. Morton were nearly as brutal as they were against us but I thought Fouad Bachirou looked a decent player that could maybe step up like Morgaro Gomis did.

Couple of OGs at the game that big Crags would have been proud of, one from Fir Park reject Simon Mensing!

So humphrey cant hold down a starting place at Motherwell in a shite spl but he's somehow going to play for spurs or liverpool?? Jesus christ!

Humphrey has his moments& if you read his twitter he comes across as a good guy, good pro, good family guy, etc but those attributes sadly dont get it done on the pitch. If there ever was a footballer who could justify burleys label of 'limited ability' then its chris humphrey.

As for the keeper arguament, Randolph for me is our biggest asset. Randz v Ruddy? Ruddy is probably better now but hes been playing against much better players for past2years. My opinion is that Randolph is better than Ruddy was when he was at Motherwell.

We have been very fortunate to have 2good quality keepers of late. I fear for the day we have to back to a greame smith or worse.

I'd say Randolph is the best goalkeeper we've had in my time coming to Fir Park.

As for Ruddy making more saves, I'd suggest we are defensively better now than we were back then and that has something to do with that.

Back then the team was chopped and changed alot, we had less experienced defenders like Saunders and Hutchinson playing and generally were a bit more open than we are under McCall. I also think Ruddy definitely tailed off in the second half of his season here and wasn't as impressive as in the first half.

In 2009/10 we conceded 54 goals, this season (so far) 38.

Ruddy was fantastic during his spell at Motherwell and has undoubtedly improved since moving to Norwich. However, I would say Randolph is more consistent (like for like at Motherwell.)

Randolph has bigger and better things ahead, but hopefully we'll see him a bit longer performing in the CL.

Best since Keith McRae IMO - that's top praise indeed to be even mentioned in the same breath.

• Like 1

Couple of OGs at the game that big Crags would have been proud of, one from Fir Park reject Simon Mensing!

Irrespective of anything else Malpas did, signing Mensing was a sackable offence. The guy is absolutely brutal. Every time I see him, I'm amazed that he was ever considered good enough.

The Alex McLeish school of scouting then? Anyone who looked decent against us got signed, anyone who'd had a decent game against him, was targeted, even killie fans shook their heads when we signed McSkimming.

Just a further note to the delusional Humphrey fans, in a good team he is a luxury, even when he plays well.

• Like 4

The Alex McLeish school of scouting then? Anyone who looked decent against us got signed, anyone who'd had a decent game against him, was targeted, even killie fans shook their heads when we signed McSkimming.

Just a further note to the delusional Humphrey fans, in a good team he is a luxury, even when he plays well.

My arse, He is far from a Luxury, integral part in Reaching the Champions League group stages is more like it, And im more than sure he would be in your starting line up Sunday.... ahead of anyone we have on the bench.

Regardless of the clubs linked to Humphrey, he is prob one of our most inform players over the last few matches, and how you end your campain is how you get noticed....Game changer end of!

• Like 2

My arse, He is far from a Luxury, integral part in Reaching the Champions League group stages is more like it, And im more than sure he would be in your starting line up Sunday.... ahead of anyone we have on the bench.

Regardless of the clubs linked to Humphrey, he is prob one of our most inform players over the last few matches, and how you end your campain is how you get noticed....Game changer end of!

I'm torn between :lol: or a facepalm.gif as I simply don't know how seriously to take Dazzer's posts anymore.

• Like 1

Funnily enough, Dazzer seemed to start posting about Motherwell and Humphrey a couple of months after Tartan Copper 2 stopped coming on the boards. TC2 was very Pro Humphrey and was prone to doing comments in capital letters much like Dazzer does on occasions. If I recall correctly someone had exposed TC 2 about being on message boards of whatever team Gannon had just took over bumming about how good Humphrey was to them and he should be signed etc etc. It might all be a coincidence though...

• Like 2

You would think that Hammil and Lasley are seeing out their careers here so good chance they would sign. Not sure that there are any better teams interested in clancy so he would be likely to sign. I think Jennings is the only doubt. Hopefully he will stay to sample champions league football.

I would imagine there would be offers given to Craigan and Hollis at least. I think people are divided on Craigan but I think it's worth keeping him.