2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

They've just folded haven't they?

Recent story on Robert Bayly.....

ROBERT BAYLY has been left in limbo following Monaghan United's demise.

Bayly, 24, needs to take a cardiac test after collapsing at training last month.

Monaghan were to pay for the procedure but they pulled out of the Airtricity League's Premier Division last Monday.

Bayly, who claims he has been left high and dry, has also put the boot into the club for failing to have a physio present when he fell unconscious at training.

He also claims he had to be LIFTED over perimeter fencing as the pitch where the team was training was inaccessible to the emergency services when they arrived to treat him.

Like the rest of the squad assembled by manager Roddy Collins, Bayly is currently on the lookout for a new club.

But he cannot play again until he is given the all-clear.

It was a frightening experience.

Bayly told SunSport: "I was doing some sprints at the end of training and I could feel my heart starting to pound faster and faster — then I passed out.

"I was out cold for a good few minutes. When the ambulance arrived it couldn't get onto the pitch because all the gates were locked.

"We had to scale a fence to actually train. To get me into the ambulance, they had to lift me over that fence.

"They brought me to hospital and told me that my blood-sugar levels were low.

"I still had to see a cardiologist before I could be given the all-clear to go back playing again.

"I should have had that test by now but the club did nothing for me. There was no club physio there either when it happened, which is a disgrace.

"I'm still waiting for the test and a club isn't going to take me now until a cardiologist gives me the all-clear because they won't want to take a risk on me."

Monaghan chairman Jim McGlone admits he was unaware Bayly's cardiac screening still had not been arranged.

He told SunSport: "I understood that was being set up for Robert with the league's doctor, Alan Byrne.

"As for there being no physio there at the time, that would seem to be the case, yes.

"I'm led to believe the physio was there one or two nights of the week, but the players could be training three or four nights.

"On that particular night he wasn't there, but from the club's point of view, it wasn't something we were aware of at the time."

At this point, the players are still owed two weeks' wages. While McGlone insists they WILL be paid, he does not know when the club will be in a position to do so.

He claimed: "The PFAI have not been in touch with us, irrespective of what's been said in papers.

"Not with myself or the club.

"We will sit down, talk to them, and honour that in any way we can. It won't happen this week because the money is physically not there.

"But we'll come to some arrangement and do whatever has to be done. We have always tried to do what's best for the players. Anybody who's played here and who's managed here will tell you that."

But Bayly said: "At the start of the year they were saying they'd look after us well.

"But we were moved from one training ground to another and we never got paid through pre-season when every other team did. It was just a joke from start to finish.

"

From The Scotsman:

• Birmingham City defender Fraser Kerr could be set to return to Motherwell for a loan spell as he looks to gain first team football

Currently in the Scotland U19 set up and was on Motherwell's books until he moved to Birmingham in 2009 when he was 16.

With no disrespect intended, we honestly do not need another player with heart troubles at the club.

The article doesn't say he has heart troubles, it says his blood sugar was low (which would certainly explain passing out). Sounds like the cardiologist was just a precaution.

The article doesn't say he has heart troubles, it says his blood sugar was low (which would certainly explain passing out). Sounds like the cardiologist was just a precaution.

Well, if there is no real (serious) risk in him, and if he's a decent quality player, he'd be more than welcome.

Name sounds really familiar, played for Leeds I think. I'd be more concerned about signing another player from the Irish league (remember the trio?) than with his health problems.

From The Scotsman:

• Birmingham City defender Fraser Kerr could be set to return to Motherwell for a loan spell as he looks to gain first team football

Currently in the Scotland U19 set up and was on Motherwell's books until he moved to Birmingham in 2009 when he was 16.

Sounds like a reasonable shout.

Could we afford his wages though ?

I'd love chance of Well return

By SCOTT MULLEN

FORMER Motherwell hitman David Clarkson has admitted he would love to return to Fir Park one day – if the club would have him.

The 26-year-old spent nearly 10 years with the Steelmen, netting 56 competitive goals for the first team after making his debut in 2002.Although he left Lanarkshire in 2009, Well continue to mean something special to Clarky, a nephew of the late Phil O'Donnell.

He said: "I'd love to go back to Motherwell. It's a club that is very close to my heart and I loved my time there.

"I keep tabs on how they are doing and I always want them to do well. I speak to Stevie Hammell quite a lot and like to keep in touch with the other lads including Stephen Craigan.

"I'd happily go back to Fir Park. Ultimately, they would need to want me back. But if I got the chance to return and finish my career there that would be great."

Clarky also revealed he has high hopes for his former side's European campaign as Stuart McCall's men get set for their debut in the Champions League qualifiers.

The draw takes place on July 20 and Well could find themselves paired with Fenerbahce, Dynamo Kiev, FC Copenhagen or Panathinaikos.

The striker, who played in the Europa League with Well in 2008, said: "It will be a great experience for the boys to play in a Champions League qualifier.

"I had a taste of it in the Europa League, albeit it was just for the one round against Nancy. It could be one game, it could be more, who knows? But they have done really well this year and deserve it.

1340636948[/url]' post='346818']

Wouldn't have him back, but I may be in the minority with that one...

Minority methinks. Maybe expand on your reasoning fella?

A definite 'yes' from me. The return of Lasley and Hammell to the fold has done us no harm...

Rumour.

Motherwell FC are to sign Robert Bayly and Conor Murphy on a free transfer from Monaghan United

This would be a great shout. Freebies and no doubt it would be just a simple case of allocating 1 set of digs as apposed to 2, free agents also and no doubt wont be requesting too high a wage.

Both had good youth careers and are no doubt decent players - with ability!! Id be keen!!

i would love to see clarky back in a well top but sadly from a financial point it wont be happening anytime soon

Obviously there would be no discussion between player & club unless he knew what our financial situation is, which he undoubtedly would.

Would it be worth him taking a year to reset his career, play some European football and put himself in the shop window at the expense of higher wages? That would come down to the player himself, but it would certainly do him no harm.

The harsh truth is we're able to match what he's getting at present, which is fuck all.

If I were running the show I'd get in touch and basically offer him what Jennings was on (if he leaves). He can take it or leave it.

Obviously there would be no discussion between player & club unless he knew what our financial situation is, which he undoubtedly would.

Would it be worth him taking a year to reset his career, play some European football and put himself in the shop window at the expense of higher wages? That would come down to the player himself, but it would certainly do him no harm.

The harsh truth is we're able to match what he's getting at present, which is fuck all.

If I were running the show I'd get in touch and basically offer him what Jennings was on (if he leaves). He can take it or leave it.

Fortunatley your not running the show then! Clarky would be a decent addition to us, yes i agree. But spunking all available funds on another striker rather than replacing the best midfielder at the club is mental!

A definite 'yes' from me. The return of Lasley and Hammell to the fold has done us no harm...

Defenders and midfielders tend to peak later in their careers than strikers, so are more likely to do well when they return later on. I know Clarky's only 26 now, but if he's talking about "finishing his career" with us five years from now, I think I'd probably pass.

Minority methinks. Maybe expand on your reasoning fella?

Just never really rated him OTF. He was with us for 6 or 7 seasons and his goal scoring record out of them was 2 good seasons, his first and his last (I'm sure someone could present us with exact figures for each year). Hasn't really worked out for him down south either (despite his injuries) and I think we need to replace Jennings and strengthen our (young) defence first before up top.

Fortunatley your not running the show then! Clarky would be a decent addition to us, yes i agree. But spunking all available funds on another striker rather than replacing the best midfielder at the club is mental!

Spot on. No way we should be replacing a midfielder like Jenno with a striker when we currently have Higdon, Murphy, Ojamaa, and McHugh.

1340639690[/url]' post='346830']

Just never really rated him OTF. He was with us for 6 or 7 seasons and his goal scoring record out of them was 2 good seasons, his first and his last (I'm sure someone could present us with exact figures for each year). Hasn't really worked out for him down south either (despite his injuries) and I think we need to replace Jennings and strengthen our (young) defence first before up top.

Fair enough. As much as I think he'd be an asset, can only echo the sentiment with regards strengthening other positions though...