Well Society To Vote On Newco Rangers

OfficialMFC

Correct me if i'm wrong but does the hundreds of society members voting no only counts for 1 vote then they count the other members on the board so how many board members are there?

‘one member/shareholder-one vote’ basis. The results of the ballot will be independently audited and will be used to determine which way the club votes on 4th July

from

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2012/06/21/well-society-to-vote-on-newco-rangers/

did they not say the society would have a member on the board who would go back to society members to get there view on issues therefor if thats the case then they have 1 vote?

no not for this issue

when the society is controlling the club, the society will in effect elect the board and the board will take the decisions, every single decision will not go to a mass vote, only extraordinary decisions would be passed back to a vote,

PS there is a society thread to discuss these type of things

if thats the case when other issues come up will every society member have 1 vote? my understanding is they will have 1 board member who will have one vote

no the intention is the majority of the board will be elected by the Society members

and they would need to be fit a proper persons etc , loads of information

here on the official site

and here on the society thread which I think is under a title community ownership

i understand what you are saying Brazilian my original point was why cant i get a vote supported the club for 57 years been a season ticket holder for a lot of years now because i'm an OAP and cant afford £ 300 i cant get a vote.

I will ask another question if the society was not started who do people think the club would have asked to vote on this issue my opinion it would have been season ticket holders

Had a wee look on Rangers Media, this is pure gold

Dear Mr. Green,

As you know, a general meeting of all 12 member clubs of the Scottish Premier League has been convened for 10am on Wednesday 4 July 2012 for members to consider, and decide upon, your application for the entry of Newco Rangers to the SPL.

Having considered the matter very carefully, and in light of recent statements by several SPL clubs, I am compelled to write to you to implore you to withdraw your application to the SPL in favour of an application to the Scottish Football League.

I do so in the full knowledge of the financial impact that such a move will undoubtedly have on the Rangers Football Club, and the uncertainty that a self imposed exile to the lower divisions of Scottish football will inevitably generate.

However, I have concluded that it would be a more honourable course of action to take rather than have the current gang of hypocritical SPL Club Chairmen decide our future when they have so vociferously, and so vindictively, demanded the most excessive and unprecedented sanctions against our club since we suffered the indignity of administration several weeks ago.

I’m sure the very public statements made by the likes of Vladimir Romanov of Hearts, Rod Petrie of Hibernian and Stephen Thompson of Dundee United in recent weeks, are ample evidence that the majority of the SPL clubs consider punishing Rangers as a more important objective than securing the financial future and wellbeing of the SPL and the Scottish game in general.

There can be no doubt any longer that these enemies of Rangers Football Club will vote to exclude a Rangers newco from the SPL, and that they will do everything in their power to ensure we are emasculated and hamstrung for years to come. I have also little doubt their real motivation is sheer, naked hatred for our club rather than the 'sporting integrity' that they so glibly and dishonestly espouse.

These are the people in whom you appear to repose your trust and confidence; people who have demonstrated that trust, confidence and fidelity are abstract concepts to be cynically exploited when circumstances are advantageous to their nefarious plans and plots.

Our club has been subjected to much vitriol and invective over the past few weeks and months by the very people who will now sit in judgment on Rangers, and make their decision about admission, on 4th July. A decision that we all now know to be a foregone conclusion.

Whilst I have yet to encounter a Rangers fan who believes that we should not be punished for the behavior of the miscreants who have brought our great club to this sorry pass, nor have I met one who believes we should continue to be punished ad infinitum by a group of SPL chairmen, chief executives and feckless supporters, who have been overtly, and unrepentantly, hostile to all things Rangers for countless years, and who have been particularly malicious in their attacks upon us in recent days.

We are vulnerable and unable to meaningfully defend ourselves, and they know it and have concluded that now is the time to strike. Make no mistake, this is not about sporting integrity, this is about hatred and bigotry, and clubs like Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Celtic will not forgo this opportunity to kick us (and keep on kicking us) when we are down.

We now find ourselves in the unenviable position of being totally, and utterly, at the mercy of a hostile jury, from whom we can expect no quarter. If five or more clubs vote against your proposal to admit Rangers to the SPL as a newco, a club from Scottish Football League Division One will replace us in the SPL and we will, in all likelihood, apply for the vacancy that would be created in Division Three after other clubs have moved up a division.

We now know that will the case. There is no need to speculate any longer, so I ask you to very seriously consider what merit there is in waiting for our enemies to stab us in the back on 4th July, when we can be proactive in our approach to the Scottish Football League for admission.

We all now unequivocally accept that our circumstances are such that we require to take drastic measures to set our financial position to rights. Cuts of the magnitude required will significantly impact upon our ability to compete in the SPL, and it is clear that we need time and patience to rebuild our club and our team free of the enmity and hatred of the SPL cowards who cynically exploit the label of sporting integrity to mask their desire to destroy our club

That time will be available to us if we voluntarily drop to the Scottish Football League, Division 3, and our time spent in the lower divisions will, hopefully, be concurrent with our three year ban on participating in the major European competitions.

But, perhaps, more importantly, our decision to seek admission to the Scottish Football League, will remove the threat of further draconian punishments by those who clearly nurture the desire to punish us and wish only to exploit our commercial potential for their own selfish ends.

During the past few weeks and months, I have often asked the question, “When does the punishment stop and the rehabilitation start?”, and I have reluctantly concluded that the answer is, When the SPL and the SFA consider that we have suffered enough!”

Clearly the SPL consider that we have not suffered enough, and it may be some considerable time before they decide that the time is right to rehabilitate the Rangers they so clearly despise. In these circumstances, would it not be more prudent to negate their vindictiveness and Machiavellian plotting by removing their power to direct our future and impair our ability to compete?

Wouldn’t it be a wise and sound strategy to take control of our own destiny by deciding our own fate?

I think so, and many thousands of other Rangers fans also take that view.

If you have been monitoring the views and opinions of Rangers fans across the globe, you cannot fail to have concluded that there is a groundswell of opinion in favour of the Scottish Football League, Division 3 route and, in a number of recent polls on various supporter web sites, fans have voted overwhelmingly for this option, and those views have been significantly reinforced by the statements made by Thompson, Romanov and others over the past two days.

Whilst I fully appreciate these are merely ‘straw’ pools, they are nonetheless persuasive, particularly in the absence of any other meaningful indicators. These polls are not the ‘knee – jerk’ reactions of a few disgruntled Rangers fans but, rather, the considered views of fans who are being treated unjustly and unreasonably by those who have failed in their bid to obliterate the club and now wish to emasculate it by other means.

I, therefore, implore you, Mr. Green, to help us determine our own future. I ask you to ensure that we are not held to ransom by the SPL and its member clubs. I implore you to withdraw the application now before the SPL.

I also ask that you consult with the supporters before accepting any offer that may emanate from the SPL, particularly if such an offer is founded upon sanctions that will inevitably cripple our club for years to come.

The future of our club is dependent upon your judgement, experience and expertise, although I'm sure you recognise that your judgement, experience and expertise has, to all intents and purposes, been negated by the recent pronouncements of prominent SPL club chairmen.

As you know, it only requires 5 or more clubs to vote no, and Rangers will need to apply to be admitted to Scottish Football League Division Three; so why wait for that to come to passm - we now know it will? Why not take control of our own destiny and opt for the Scottish Football League?

Let me say in conclusion, that I am, personally, very appreciative of the commitment you, and your colleagues, have made to our club in very difficult and trying circumstances, and I am not unmindful of the personal attacks you have endured in recent weeks.

Ranger's fans are, understandably, suspicious and anxious and I know that you appreciate that, even if, at times, you have found their criticisms unpalatable.

We want only what is right and what is just for our club. We have seen regime's come and go; we have seen Chairmen come and go; we have seen Boards and Directors come and go; we have seen managers and players come and go - but we remain!

We will always be here, and we will always support our club. I know you understand that, and I trust you will immediately withdraw your application for SPL status.

I have written this as an open letter, and it is my intention to share it, and your response, with Rangers fans through the various Rangers internet forums.

Total comedy gold laugh1.giflaugh1.giflaugh1.giflaugh1.gif

But, perhaps, more importantly, our decision to seek admission to the Scottish Football League, will remove the threat of further draconian punishments by those who clearly nurture the desire to punish us and wish only to exploit our commercial potential for their own selfish ends.

During the past few weeks and months, I have often asked the question, “When does the punishment stop and the rehabilitation start?”, and I have reluctantly concluded that the answer is, “When the SPL and the SFA consider that we have suffered enough!”

:lol: What punishment? They got ten points docked and a small fine. That is all the punishment they have had

FFS how many time does this have to be pointed out??? This is not punishment this is merely treating Rangers in the same way that any other club would be treated by making them start at the bottom.

They are actually getting preferential treatment because any other club ( outside of celtic ) would not be offered the chance of a vote!!!

I only scanned through the 'Mr Green' letter but FFS what a pile of shit. Does this guy know they are in the process of being liquidated rather being in administration and they haven't actually received any punishment yet?

Does he also think they can just choose what league they start in?

Question and please dont shout me down but why is it just well society members who can vote. I'am a well supporter of 57 years and season ticket holder cant afford membership why cant I get a vote. Is it not the case club is moving to hand over the club to the society but not yet happened.

Buying a season ticket gives you the right to get into games but does not give you a right to vote on club issues. Joining the Well Society gives you a right to vote on club issues but does not give you a right to get into games.

i understand what you are saying Brazilian my original point was why cant i get a vote supported the club for 57 years been a season ticket holder for a lot of years now because i'm an OAP and cant afford £ 300 i cant get a vote.

I will ask another question if the society was not started who do people think the club would have asked to vote on this issue my opinion it would have been season ticket holders

As a 10 year season ticket holder (yas, but also 'good grief, that long...') I firmly believe that I deserve...no vote.

I have been an ardent supporter of the Well Society scheme, and as soon as I am able, will pay my way and get my share, but at this point, I have no share, and others have paid and thus deserve a vote.

At this point, with the available option of the Well Society, I am unable to afford the fee, but feel that if utterly stretched, I could make up the funds.

As such, and as a general season ticket holder, I am willing to cede my vote to the current 'big' spenders in terms of my club's future.

They've pumped their money in by today, and thus their decision, as shareholders, is my decision as a long term season ticket holder.

No to newco, mind you.

Is it possible that we have seen a few PR stunts today while a deal is being done to put the newco in SPL2? I personally doubt it but I've heard a few folk expressing such an opinion.

Papers claiming that this is exactly what's happening after a 6 hour meeting with all the key players last night.

Had a wee look on Rangers Media, this is pure gold

The worrying thing about that is that it is fairly eloquently put. Punctuation, grammar, spelling - it's all there (a very rare thing on RM). Yet despite coming across as more intelligent than 99% of the usual pish spouting arseholes they are still completely and utterly blind to the real sentiments behind the movement 'against' rangers. Fuck sake man. Honestly.

Papers claiming that this is exactly what's happening after a 6 hour meeting with all the key players last night.

If true Scottish football is just as broken as it was last week - and if any club has approached the fans knowing this is the deal they'd be voting for they better make it known.

All in all still a disgrace if true.

Joined the Society yesterday after this great news. Got my pack this morning, which makes interesting reading but has no firm figures on the Sky and other Commercial numbers. Basically, nay Rangers and we lose 275k of gate revenue.

The biggest thing they have missed in the letter is the real prize; fairer revenue distribution. This can only be achieved by a No vote followed by the scrapping of the 11:1 voting structure on commercial deals. If anyone is scared by the numbers if the letter, please remember that Rangers in 2nd would get almost DOUBLE what we get from SPL commercial terms. To that end, I'm comfortable with the implications of a NO vote.

Judging by the clamour here to renew tickets, join the society and the very fact I have a few close mates who haven't been buying tickets for a few years all keen to do their bit leads me to believe we'll be fine!

Viva Motherwell

We're going to have at least 2 full houses for the European games this season, that'll more than cover the alledged 10,000 honkin h*n tickets sold!! Send them down!! There shouldnt even be a vote, they are a defunct team!! Bye bye!!

The worst case scenario is not no Rangers. It's voting yes and the vote still going against Rangers. No Rangers fans, less Motherwell fans, fans of other teams boycotting Fir Park etc would add up to a lot more than £275k.

Can't understand why anybody would vote yes (and hopefully they won't).

The worst case scenario is not no Rangers. It's voting yes and the vote still going against Rangers. No Rangers fans, less Motherwell fans, fans of other teams boycotting Fir Park etc would add up to a lot more than £275k.

Can't understand why anybody would vote yes (and hopefully they won't).

Because Well fans are h*n's without the bus pass remember. The Celtic fans love to tell us that and their world view is tickety boo on pretty much everything!!

Joined the Society yesterday after this great news. Got my pack this morning, which makes interesting reading but has no firm figures on the Sky and other Commercial numbers. Basically, nay Rangers and we lose 275k of gate revenue.

The biggest thing they have missed in the letter is the real prize; fairer revenue distribution. This can only be achieved by a No vote followed by the scrapping of the 11:1 voting structure on commercial deals. If anyone is scared by the numbers if the letter, please remember that Rangers in 2nd would get almost DOUBLE what we get from SPL commercial terms. To that end, I'm comfortable with the implications of a NO vote.

Judging by the clamour here to renew tickets, join the society and the very fact I have a few close mates who haven't been buying tickets for a few years all keen to do their bit leads me to believe we'll be fine!

Viva Motherwell

Joe (or anyone else who has the info pack), how much information is actually given? Are we talking a small booklet or a single letter going over a few points?

Also, what's the general feeling on the tone of the information? Is it portraying both negative & positive points of a 'no' vote? Or is basically just highlighting what we stand to lose without actually mentioning the possible benefits?

The current income model from the SPL is flawed and directs most of the money to Celtic and What was known as Rangers.

Never will be in a better position to redress this balance, there is still much sabre rattling and scare stories to come but we must remain resolute this is our time!

And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

• Like 1