Rangers V Motherwell

Bop

The hate and sheer venom directed to Motherwell fans both in and around the ground was pretty horrible but at least you had faith in the lads in claret and amber to do you proud.

Aye right.

Spineless, inept, gutless - I could go on forever.

I don't mind losing, but to lose in that manner was disgraceful. There were no professional footballers in Motherwell colours tonight.

I've been in Ibrox when we've been losing before but tonight was sickening. Hope the club made a few quid off a decent away support tonight because we got absolutely fuck all in return.

On the 24 September MJC :smoke: did say.....

.I don't know what the scoreline will be, but I do know this. Motherwell will lose to 'Rangers' on Wednesday, one way or another and it will be a sore one to take regardless of how it happens.

Just for 'guessing' sake, I predict 2-0 to 'The Rangers'.

He got it spot on....

• Like 1

Another thing. McCulloch(?) going down holding his head to get play stopped and then just getting back up for a drop ball. Prick.

Wish he was our player, or more so wish we had a player capable of half his bossing of games

EDIT: probably the most embarasing thing of the night was Lasley putting an arm around Mcullochs shoulder after the big c**t had went through him to get play stopped for the dumbass Rangers player that was down who didnt have the braincell required to know about holding his head if he needs play stopped.

almost apologetic like from Lasley, for not stopping play :doh:

there was a winner in that period of play and someone who will always be a fine servant a good pro and very nearly a winner

I'm guessing we were done by the butterfly effect.

In South East Asia a butterfly flaps it's wings and we are drawn against Sevco.

In In Australia a butterfly flaps it's wings and Motherwell fans get hopeful

In Africa a Butterfly flaps it's wings and Templeton is injured.

In South America a butterfly flaps it's wings and Motherwell fans get more hopeful.

In North America a Butterfly flaps it's wings and Black is suffering from an injury.

In Southern Europe a Butterfly flaps it's wing and Motherwell fans get confident.

In Eastern Europe a Butterfly flaps it's wings and the game starts.

In Scandanavia a Butterfly flaps it's wing and Law cannae take the ball around Alexander.

In the UK a Butterfly flaps it's wings and it's halftime

In Scotland a Butterfly flaps it's wings and we cannae defend a short corner, cue McCulloch

In Glasgow a Butterfly flaps it's wings and Hammell stops playing, cue Shiels.

In Govan a Butterfly flaps it's wings and the game is over, with the hordes laughing at beating the top of the SPL.

In Motherwell a Butterfly flaps it's wings and we realise once again that our team failed to turn up against the team formerly known as Glasgow Rangers.

Outside Fir Park a Butterfly flapped it's wings, oh wait the team coach ran over it first.

Gutted and disappointed this morning but somewhere inside I knew it was to be expected.

I'll crack the jokes.

They'll be desperate to get their SPL campaign off the ground following a shaky start and what better place to kick start it than against Motherwell, who have the biggest inferiority complex in the league?

The only question on Saturday will be of how many goals Celtic beat us by.

I can't believe that I think he might be right for once. wallbash.gif

Though the first half was probably eaksy peaksy in the end, I thought it was significant how the tone was set from the first minute. If ever there was a game you had to come blasting out the traps this was it. Some will remember that 9-in-a-row busting day at Ibrox where we scored early and had the ball for something like all but 30 seconds of the first 5 or 6 minutes and shutting up their crowd. Tonight we were scrambling about our own box chasing down misplaced passes and allowing them to get their fans up behind them right from the word go.

Couldn't agree more, Andy. Surprised it's not been highlighted more, tbh. Our players looked utterly petrified in those first two or three minutes, flapping away at the ball, unable to get even one decent touch, about eight men lining the penalty box.

That set the tone for the entire night.

I have to say I was surprised to see the same team start again. Kerr and Cummins looking a bit rocky and Hutchison also looking like he needs an older head along side him still, if Ramsden is 100% it again he should be coming back into th team. Hately had again last couple of games looked inneffectual in midfield. Kerr going forward looks not to bad and he seems a big unit, might be a bit of a gamble but I'd have been happy to see him take up role in midfield to get stuck in alongside McCulloch and put Hately back where he at least sometimes plays well. No real accounting for whether Humphrey is going to perform or not but he should have been hooked earlier.

Whoever it was that said this wasn't the most gutless display they have seen, well it most gutless I can think off in about 25 years when you take into acocunt how much the fans wanted a result and the medicrity of the opposition in front of us. This is a gutted h*n team, which had lost another two of its experienced and relatively talented players(Templeton anyway) and we have a better team that completely failed to show up last night. It is right up there at the least!

I blame McCall and the players both. Irrespective of what manager thinks players need to take responsibility for themselves on the park and Randolph aside everyone of them should have had a sleepless night last night. Might let Hutchinson off as well on account of blood loss.

Had a sleep, woke up and still fuming. McCall pathetic attempts at being angry after the event make it worse. As for the players all pals with the Rangers players during the match. McCulloch gets booked for dissent because we didn't kick the ball out for one of their players feigning injury and Nicky law is smiling and laughing at him as is Las. Absolutely rockets up their arses. At least Craggs had the right attitude even in defeat, no prisoners. I fear for us against Celtic as we never learned any lessons against the late goal against St. Mirren and went on and let Aberdeen score two late goals and haven't learned how to play against Rangers with around 5 different managers.

I would give my left arm for someone like McCulloch in our team just now, despite his assault, he had the right attitude and fighting spirit. Las is too busy tweeting about his bloody cookery course.

Just about to head to work and take my medicine off the buns there . Goin to be a sore one , but in the cold light of day and behind the smokescreen of jibes and jokes about Sevco , are we really that much different to them quality wise ?

They have a few experienced spl heads like McCulloch , Shiels Alexander and Wallace , while we have Las , Hammell , Murphy etc.

They had a few promising youngsters on show as did we , in Cummins , Angol , Kerr to name a few .

They also have a few muppets , like we have in Daley , and more and more these days , the shitebag that is Humphrey .

It really wouldn't have been a disgrace to be beaten off them if they were playing in the big boys league , infact at Ibrox it would be a given , with our track record there .

The real disgrace was the manner in which they so easily disposed of us .

It's goin to be a long day .

Shambles. I turned it off after the second goal and played pirate ships with my wee boy.

There is something seriously wrong with our club and Rangers. I understand we might get beat, but its the manner of these defeats.

In the 50 mins I watched we looked pedestrian and hardly put a tackle in. Sevco on the other hand got stuck right in and won the midfield battles.

Brutal.

Shambles. I turned it off after the second goal and played pirate ships with my wee boy.

There is something seriously wrong with our club and Rangers. I understand we might get beat, but its the manner of these defeats.

In the 50 mins I watched we looked pedestrian and hardly put a tackle in. Sevco on the other hand got stuck right in and won the midfield battles.

Brutal.

No wonder Celtic say the Well lie down to Rangers...... When will Mcall install belief into our players that if they get stuck right in, like in the league cup semi a few years ago, they might well scud these gits!!

I think McCall has been good for us, and we can't exactly be unhappy given the position we've found ourselves in over the last season or two.

But in my opinion, both McCall and the Lasley as captain need to issue an apology on behalf of the team for that shambles last night. Maybe if and when they are exposed to the level of anger and frustration at that performance last night from the fans... maybe then they'll be able to get themselves in the right frame of mind for these games starting with the next game in a little over 48hrs.

Wish he was our player, or more so wish we had a player capable of half his bossing of games

EDIT: probably the most embarasing thing of the night was Lasley putting an arm around Mcullochs shoulder after the big c**t had went through him to get play stopped for the dumbass Rangers player that was down who didnt have the braincell required to know about holding his head if he needs play stopped.

almost apologetic like from Lasley, for not stopping play :doh:

there was a winner in that period of play and someone who will always be a fine servant a good pro and very nearly a winner

Aye, McCulloch gave Lasley dogs abuse and Keith just appeared to stand and take it. I don't like McCulloch but if he had been playing in Claret and Amber last night he would be getting lauded a hero.

Dirty, aye. Very savy to walk the fine line of being in bother. Aggressive, 100% committed, no fear, and led his team very well.

In comparison to what we had..................

Last night was an utter disgrace, manager and players should be ashamed and embaressed by that performance, how the hell can Annan, Berwick Rangers, Peterhead, Brechin City and QOS give rangers a better game by getting draws and QOS managing to beat them but we cant. Hell even bloody East Stirling and Montrose can score a goal at Ibrox. We are an absolute embaressment this morning, never took so much abuse and pelters ever as a well fan than last night, players and management lets us down big time. Sick of the same old excuses and performances against than rubbish, they are not a good team and we seem to fear them every bloody time we play them. If part time players can go out without no fear then our guys who are full time should be capable of it too. no excuses it was a one off game and rangers were up for it, they were there for the taking.

Utterly peed off today and going to take along time to forgive the team after that last night. Swear if one more rangers fan winds me up he be getting a sore jaw!!! not in the mood anymore for it, beyond rage!!

That performance last night was shocking, probably the worst I have felt in a long long time watching Motherwell, not sure what it was like watching on TV but being at the game it was piss poor, 2nd to every ball, no desire and played like frightened rabbits. As various posts on here say, we had no belief, only Lasley for me tried to get stuck in, but no support from the rest of the midfield. We need a replacement for Jennings.

Embarrassed to be at work today and not for the abuse from the Rangers fans, every other fan was looking for us to beat them and we let ourselves done badly. How the feck could we not have been up for that last night !!!

I don't normally criticise our team in public, but we got what we deserved from the game.

#Embarrassed #disappointed #disgusted

I reckon I feel lower today than after the cup final. I've lost a lot, if not all confidence in McCall after him and his team were outplayed, out fought and out thought by the worst manager in Scotland and what was essentially a reserve team.

If anything good can come out of last night it is surely the final realisation for McCall that Hateley isn't a midfielder, Kerr and Cummins are having mares and Humphrey isn't actually a footballer.

Don't hold your breath though.

I fear a cricket score on Saturday.

,how the hell can Annan, Berwick Rangers, Peterhead, Brechin City and QOS give rangers a better game by getting draws and QOS managing to beat them but we cant. Hell even bloody East Stirling and Montrose can score a goal at Ibrox.

Because they've obviously went up against 'Rangers' with the right gameplan and right mentality and just went for it, getting stuck in, not giving them a minute on the ball or allowing their 'better' players any time to settle. I've not seen Rangers games against all of those sides but I saw them against QoS, Brechin and Peterhead and that is exactly how they played against them. They gave them nothing, what did we do? Our usual against them, completely shite ourselves. For example, lose every second ball in midfield, back off them when they're on the attack and when clean through on their goalkeeper with about a five yard start on reaching the ball, Nicky Law bottles it, jumps out the way and allows Alexander to clear it. That moment just sums up Motherwell vs Rangers, we just have absolutely no belief in ourselves or bottle to go out and take the game to them.

• Like 3

Because they've obviously went up against 'Rangers' with the right gameplan and right mentality and just went for it, getting stuck in, not giving them a minute on the ball or allowing their 'better' players any time to settle. I've not seen Rangers games against all of those sides but I saw them against QoS, Brechin and Peterhead and that is exactly how they played against them. They gave them nothing, what did we do? Our usual against them, completely shite ourselves. For example, lose every second ball in midfield, back off them when they're on the attack and when clean through on their goalkeeper with about a five yard start on reaching the ball, Nicky Law bottles it, jumps out the way and allows Alexander to clear it. That moment just sums up Motherwell vs Rangers, we just have absolutely no belief in ourselves or bottle to go out and take the game to them.

Pretty much spot on.

Never been more disappointed in my life.

Humphrey needs so sit a few games out and McCall needs a fucking slap for all this negative chat in the papers.

Pelters at work tomorrow. Pelters.

McCall does need a slap, stick up for him everytime after we get beat wi rangers, but last night was the last straw, all cuddly and pally wi ally, gies me the boke!!

his negative talk in build up to game was pathetic. not heard interview after it but heard he was pretty much playing it all down, they are on more money etc blah blah blah