The 'club 12' St Holder Poll

Steve Diggle

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be paying into the Dundee Fixture

• Aye
    • Naw
    • Can't afford full whack but if a bucket was there I'd throw in a cupola nuggets

I'll admit I'm out of touch with UK laws these days, but that not illegal? Do you not have to be a registered charity to avoid VAT?

I would not have thought so. We entered the ground using our season tickets legally which we'd paid for (including giving £70 to the Treasury in the form of VAT). If we make a donation then surely thats up to us. It was not handed over in return for any purchase or service.

I would not have though so. We entered the ground using our season tickets legally which we'd paid for (including giving £70 to the Treasury in the form of VAT). If we make a donation then surely thats up to us. It was not handed over in return for any purchase or service.

I imagine HMRC would treat it the same way as any other income of a non-charitable institution. But could be wrong.

I imagine HMRC would treat it the same way as any other income of a non-charitable institution. But could be wrong.

Who said we are not a non-charitable institution though? I'm sure that in terms of HMRC that the club has a "Sporting and Recreational activity/Charity" status.

Who said we are not a non-charitable institution though? I'm sure that in terms of HMRC that the club has a "Sporting and Recreational activity/Charity" status.

The fact that there was all this debate about adding (or not adding) the extra VAT increase to ticket prices suggests we do not operate as a VAT exempt charity.

The fact that there was all this debate about adding (or not adding) the extra VAT increase to ticket prices suggests we do not operate as a VAT exempt charity.

Donations are not liable for VAT anyway, so the whole debate you started was pointless.

There may be other tax liabilities involved but not VAT.

My feeling is there is a general apathy to football right now. Unless Motherwell come out and actually say 'we are fucked and we need £1 million by Christmas' then I doubt many people will be putting there hands in their pockets.

Also clubs can't keep expecting us fans to shell out small fortunes on our teams. We need a system in place where money is generated by not only the fans but many other sources.

German football is packed to the gunnels most weeks because its cheap as chips. Why is it cheap because they have a model where all clubs in the football league get money - equally shared.

And a big fuck off tv contract!

That's my point. They need to market the game far better. Stop taking second best. Teams in Sweden Norway Denmark etc are not struggling - they have tv deals and income that can allow them to worry about the quality of the team on the park and not the balance sheets.

I firmly believe we will lose all our out of contract players and will not replace them like for like and it's not just us facing this problems - it's most teams in the SPL. This drives the quality down even further.

All they talk about in Scottish football is the lack of money in the game. Well fucking do something about it!

I'm not in a healthy enough financial situation to throw good money after bad into a black hole for no reason, but I joined the 'Well Society, but a strip every season and go to all the games. I can't really think of any other reasonable things I could do. What about this 'Well Lotto? How does that work and where can I sign up?

I'm not in a healthy enough financial situation to throw good money after bad into a black hole for no reason, but I joined the 'Well Society, but a strip every season and go to all the games. I can't really think of any other reasonable things I could do. What about this 'Well Lotto? How does that work and where can I sign up?

The Lotto is a doddle Frazzle. Don't know if you can download the forms from the 'fishel or whether a call or visit to MFC is required but once set up, you are debited £4.33 a month per entry and you just forget about it really.

Any winnings you get are posted out to you on a cheque.

A relatively inexpensive way of supporting the club that gives the odd financial return.