2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

We sold McDonald and McCulloch so your argument is pish. Eric Deloumeaux haunted us how exactly? By having one good game against us?

The percentage of players we've released coming back to haunt us is hugely in our favour.

that is why i pointed out burns is the only one that applies to in recent memory.

Domoleaux scored a goal from 40 yards against us and an overhead kick when he was playing for aberdeen which was galling considering he never scored for us.

I think we need to plan for the season without McFadden. Figuring if a deal was to be done, it'd be done by now.

However, McFadden is a class above pretty much everything else in the SPL so if in two weeks time he was to come and say "what can you offer?" then we'd be mad not to try and reach an agreement...

• Like 3

Still need another striker (unless the plan is to go with McHugh, which I'm no necessarily against) and a pacy right winger.

Would love Faddy to stay but don't think if will be happening. I will always be grateful he did play for us again.

McManus would be an asset but I wouldn't be happy if we took him away for a pre-season only for him to sign for someone else!

In short, need a couple of fast players!

If we're going 442, then I reckon McHugh would be a good partner for Sutton. It all depends whether McCall is going to try and keep the same shape and system as last season or whether to go with a system that suits the players we have just now.

But the lack of pace is a concern, no matter how he plans to set up...

The McFadden situation is interesting. He'll likely get offered better terms elsewhere. He has always (apparently) stated he'd want to return to Motherwell, which he has done. He returned to play a part in one of the clubs most successful seasons ever, so other than coming back to help the team push for silverware next year, perhaps he may see his involvement in last seasons success as a perfect way to 'sign off' on his Motherwell legacy?

He may be tempted to go elsewhere to cash in on his last few playing years; which few would begrudge him I imagine.

Although (strangely) I think if he wants back in the international set-up, Motherwell (celtic-aside) may be the best place to showcase his form, unless he gets an EPL deal and, crucially, game time.

The McFadden situation is interesting. He'll likely get offered better terms elsewhere. He has always (apparently) stated he'd want to return to Motherwell, which he has done. He returned to play a part in one of the clubs most successful seasons ever, so other than coming back to help the team push for silverware next year, perhaps he may see his involvement in last seasons success as a perfect way to 'sign off' on his Motherwell legacy?

He may be tempted to go elsewhere to cash in on his last few playing years; which few would begrudge him I imagine.

Although (strangely) I think if he wants back in the international set-up, Motherwell (celtic-aside) may be the best place to showcase his form, unless he gets an EPL deal and, crucially, game time.

He did say he wanted to return to Fir Park. He also said, this season, he'd keep his options open until late on. I took this (and with other things he said) to be if an English team wanted to pay himn ten grand a week and it was the right move he'd go. If anyone in SPL offered him a couple of hundred more he'd stay on at Fir Park.

I suspect McFadden is torn slightly. He knows, in terms of natural ability, he could be playing at a higher level but his lack of pace undermines him somewhat on that score. Were he to go a bigger club, he'd get a better financial deal, but would he be seen like McCourt as an option from the bench with 20 minutes to go (having said that Maloney was a first team player in the EPL last season)? Even at Celtic, would he be benched for Champions League games in favour of more athletic players like Forrest?

But, fact is, although we offer a meagre wage in comparison, we offer guaranteed first team football and a shot of getting back into the Scotland team.

It all comes down to what he prioritises. Can't blame him for being cautious before making his decision...

Anyone know officially when we offered a new contract to Hateley?

Surely we would do this? In a sense its money for nothing..........or did the board/manager want him off the wage bill to spend the money elsewhere and didnt want to take the chance that he would sign a new deal??

"For clubs to have a claim for training compensation, they must have offered new contracts to the players on similar or better terms no later than 90 days prior to the expiration of their previous deals."

Faddy is one of my all time favourite players and whatever he decides I will be happy for him and wish him well (unless he goes to Celtic), there is nothing I want more than him to sign with us but this is the third transfer window we have had a will he won't he scenario, I just wish we knew what his plans where as if he is to move on it gives us time rebuild, if he signs the whole team will be built around him but if not the players we need may be different.

I understand he needs to do what's best for him and his family it's just seems to happen every transfer window.

Saunders getting the Jonathan Page treatment here now. Remember everyone going on about how we'd regret letting him go and he's since been released by Hamilton Accies.

So many of our players have been held up as great white hope when they don't play in the first team.

Nothing against Stevie personally mind you

Saunders was a level up from Page. At least a level.

According to Sun, McManus to go on trial with Hibs next week.

Meanwhile, a couple of trialists will play in a closed doors game against Morton today. Anyone know the details? DP? Time?

It is very unlikely we will get McManus. I thought the team were away in Spain?

Geed from these boards text me the other night to say we had a lad called Criag Reid (or similar) on trial from Morton.