2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

A specific update would be better- "He hasn't sign as we expected because xxxxxxxxxxxxxx has held up the deal because xxxxxxxxxxx but we still expect it to be finalised by xxxxxxxxxx'"

No way is anyone releasing confidential business details.

Have to say all sense of excitement I had about Faddy re signing is all but gone now... I have been jumping back and forward on this thread for the last week and a bit instead of enjoying the free booze in Majorca.... Can only echo that if he signs brilliant, if he doesn't thanks for the recent memories and let's move on. The fact that the club haven't said anything more than smc's mutterings doesn't come as any surprise. I'm off to the pool! drinks.gif

Motherwell FC Interesting that we have had a post on signing James when we asked for stadium help. Mr Burrows pointed out to me today that we could probably have built a new stand if we'd had a pound for every time we'd been asked over the summer.....we are trying very hard to resign James and it is looking positive however until complete, we can't say yes for sure. Keep watching

Straight from the facebook advert for help to get the stadium up to scratch.

I guess it's time we sat quietly and waited for any news.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Motherwell FC Interesting that we have had a post on signing James when we asked for stadium help. Mr Burrows pointed out to me today that we could probably have built a new stand if we'd had a pound for every time we'd been asked over the summer.....we are trying very hard to resign James and it is looking positive however until complete, we can't say yes for sure. Keep watching

Which is very different from the recent "he will be signing on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/hopefully tomorrow" claptrap that we have been told by the manager. Now we are being told that we are "trying very hard".

I don't think that's what I'm asking for at all.

You want to know who is holding up the deal, why it's being held up and when it will be complete. The only business detail missing from that is the financial terms.

Deffinately more of a 'we will tell YOU when, stop anoying us'!

Yeah I get that. My point was a spurious one really but its striking that the club(?) are now saying somethung distinctly different from what they have been saying since at least Sunday.

Yeah I get that. My point was a spurious one really but its striking that the club(?) are now saying somethung distinctly different from what they have been saying since at least Sunday.

True.

It could be worse you could be stuck offshore with no Scottish newspapers and dodgy internet to help get the info.

I'm surprised I have been able to post these comments! :blink:

Given the amount of pant wetting that has gone on I'm not surprised that they have stopped trying to predict when the deal will be complete. When there's any news they'll tell us.

If it was any other player there wouldn't be this drama. It's a measure of the stature that James McFadden is held in by the Motherwell fans that has generated this. I don't think there has ever been anyone like him and there probably never will be.

Some folk are getting excited and expressing their emotions/opinions in an (possibly understandably) excited/less refined way.

Given the amount of pant wetting that has gone on I'm not surprised that they have stopped trying to predict when the deal will be complete. When there's any news they'll tell us.

Which is how it should be, of course.

The internet has turned into a place where people (not just football fans) prefer rumours/speculation/bad information etc. instantly rather than facts later.

Just to change the subject, anyone heard any names for the other two signings that McCall wants to make on top of McFadden and McManus? Obviously Amier is potentially one and I heard McCall talking up Adam Campbell.

Any other names doing the rounds?

Press Sport@PressSport4m

Fear not Motherwell fans,Faddy is still defo signing according to the gaffer.Possibly in next few hours.

Press Sport@PressSport1m

A couple of admin folk at club have been either off sick or on holiday...hence the hold up to Faddy signing.

Looks promising at least... whistling.gif

According to press conf , gaffer said Faddy will be signing within hours ...ah , we can all relax now and go back to the pool / bar / work etc etc

Based on McCalls recent interpretation of time units that could mean anytime in the next fortnight.

• Like 1

McCall has just told the media that McFadden is definitely signing, its just a case of when rather than if. Reported a few places online, just cant post the links because i'm in work.

You want to know who is holding up the deal, why it's being held up and when it will be complete. The only business detail missing from that is the financial terms.

We've now been told it's been held up because admin staff have been missing. Not an ideal situation but it provides the peace of mind I was looking for without revealing anything confidential.

(ie - exactly what I said).

Cheers.