2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Jack Smith, that the lad released by St Mirren, son of Airdrie lug ears Andy Smith....

Decent young player seemingly but hell of an attitude!!

Gadi is a 5ft10 French striker who can play on both wings. Ex Marseille youth who has played under 18's for France!!

Edit just saw posts on the Preseason thread.

Young Smith was at Celtc for a few years then had a season or 2 with the mighyt Well youths before being released a season or 2 ago.

Anyone know what Tom Hately is up to, has he been training with a club?

He is on trial at Blackpool i believe, sad state of affairs that he thinks he is that good yet cant get a move without needing to prove himself in a friendly. He along with a few others is just an example of billy big times who will regret leaving Motherwell for 'pastures new'

I'd take him back on reduced wages quite happily.

Nah, let him take a gap year from fitba, he was stupid leaving in the first place without a club to go to. At least Higdon,Law and Humphrey had offers, Hately appears to have assumed that clubs would be queuing up to sign him, and now the reality appears to be hitting him. A lesson learned, when he is twiddling his thumbs on match day not knowing what to do with himself.

Nah, let him take a gap year from fitba, he was stupid leaving in the first place without a club to go to. At least Higdon,Law and Humphrey had offers, Hately appears to have assumed that clubs would be queuing up to sign him, and now the reality appears to be hitting him. A lesson learned, when he is twiddling his thumbs on match day not knowing what to do with himself.

Absolutely bizarre. Clearly thick as shit at the neck of a bottle

I'd take him back but do we have room/money for him? McCall may be looking to get players in other areas.

This is obviously the answer but I could see us being tempted if we sell Hutchinson before Hateley finds a club. Ramsden being used more at centre back would leave us without cover at right back. Of course, the answer there is that in the absence of Kerr, we play Murray or Cummins at centre back...

So no, would be my answer. Must confess, while I wasn't his biggest fan, thought he'd have found a club by now. Maybe he's had offers, but not at the kind of clubs he envisaged...

We need to sort out the wingers and strikers before we even contemplate going back to Tom Hateley. He had every chance to stay here and chose not to and we have acted on that decision and brought in McManus and Kerr. At the moment if Faddy plays right wing, we have a gaping hole up top as Sutton and McHugh won't score enough goals. If Faddy plays up top we have a problem at right wing. I think we've got a decent defence and we're OK in the middle of midfield but these attacking impact players are still a bit on the light side. Hateley, I have no problem with as a person, but he's made his bed.

Are Rangers unable to sign any senior players at the moment?

One minute they say they need to off load some players in order to bring more in, and the next they are targeting new faces. However they can’t register any new players until the 1st September, although there is a loophole which allows them to play players as trialists.

One thing is certain, they are building a team capable of reaching the top six in the SPL, and will win the league by a country mile.

One minute they say they need to off load some players in order to bring more in, and the next they are targeting new faces. However they can't register any new players until the 1st September, although there is a loophole which allows them to play players as trialists.

One thing is certain, they are building a team capable of reaching the top six in the SPL, and will win the league by a country mile.

Frankly I haven't paid ay attention to their signings but I doubt they'd reach top 6 in the SPL anytime soon :rolleyes:

One minute they say they need to off load some players in order to bring more in, and the next they are targeting new faces. However they can't register any new players until the 1st September, although there is a loophole which allows them to play

players as trialists.

unless they invest some serious money which they dont have the players they have may well get them to the SPL but thats all. They wont be back challenging for titles any time soon. They are welcome to Hateley we dont need him anymore

This is obviously the answer but I could see us being tempted if we sell Hutchinson before Hateley finds a club. Ramsden being used more at centre back would leave us without cover at right back. Of course, the answer there is that in the absence of Kerr, we play Murray or Cummins at centre back...

So no, would be my answer. Must confess, while I wasn't his biggest fan, thought he'd have found a club by now. Maybe he's had offers, but not at the kind of clubs he envisaged...

But Hateley's not a right back, he's a central midfield Maestro........laugh1.gif

I doubt they'd reach top 6 in the SPL anytime soon :rolleyes:

The way they talk in the press it will happen in 2 years. Sally said recently in the press that they currently have an SPL standard squad, however he did admit that they were still no match for Celtic. I would love another opportunity to turn them over in the cup, but a part of me fears we would bottle it again. wallbash.gif

At the moment if Faddy plays right wing, we have a gaping hole up top as Sutton and McHugh won't score enough goals. If Faddy plays up top we have a problem at right wing. I think we've got a decent defence and we're OK in the middle of midfield but these attacking impact players are still a bit on the light side.

If McFadden plays right wing, we won't need Sutton and McHugh to score that many as I figure McFadden will score more than Humphrey and Vigurs will score as many as Law. So you're looking for Sutton and McHugh to replace the goals of Higdon and Ojamaa. No way will Sutton score as many as Higdon but I reckon McHugh may contribute more than Ojamaa in terms of numbers of goals.

On the other hand I think it was you that said to me at one point last season, that on any given day any of our "front four" could be matchwinners. When has that ever been the case with Motherwell? Trying to replace what we had last season, well, that's a big ask...

If McFadden plays right wing, we won't need Sutton and McHugh to score that many as I figure McFadden will score more than Humphrey and Vigurs will score as many as Law. So you're looking for Sutton and McHugh to replace the goals of Higdon and Ojamaa. No way will Sutton score as many as Higdon but I reckon McHugh may contribute more than Ojamaa in terms of numbers of goals.

On the other hand I think it was you that said to me at one point last season, that on any given day any of our "front four" could be matchwinners. When has that ever been the case with Motherwell? Trying to replace what we had last season, well, that's a big ask...

Before you can score a goal you need to create a chance. That's more my concern at the moment. Look back at our goals last season and Ojamaa's contribution to them was enormous, he was almost always involved and often the architect.

I think we are lacking the pace and creativity that he gave us last season and we need to replace that some how.

If we can do that we can score goals, maybe not as many as last season, but if we do create chances then I can see two or three players potentially getting into double figures.

I think the record will show that if say, Sutton and McFadden get into double figures next season, when we'll finish Top Six without too many problems.

Looking through the squads I don't see many with more than one regular goalscorer that you'd reckon would be in the double figures.

And I think Ya Bezzer has hit the nail on the head. Ojamaa set up sixteen goals last season plus any others he was involved in earlier on in the move. As of now we are defensively better and offensively poorer. We need options. The weakness of the team the year before last was we were a bit one dimensional and I see this being recreated. Lawson is a good player, never wastes a ball but creatively he is a huge step backwards.

Ojamaa set up sixteen goals last season plus any others he was involved in earlier on in the move

Ojamaa was a one off little gem of a player who was willing to play for peanuts at the start as well. I wish we had got a better fee for him but can't see us getting anyone with anywhere near as good unfortunately

Ojamaa was a one off little gem of a player who was willing to play for peanuts at the start as well. I wish we had got a better fee for him but can't see us getting anyone with anywhere near as good unfortunately

Correct, which is why we can't be too one dimensional and the lack of attacking options concern me.