Peter Millar. R.i.p

henry

I was deeply shocked and deeply saddened to hear this. My sincere condolences go to Peter's wife and family. He was a hard man on the park but a gent off it. I met him a few years ago when he was in the same ward as my dad at the old Law Hospital and he was embarrassed when I told him he was one of my all-time favourite 'Well players. Part of that great team of he '70s that did not really get the credit it deserved. God rest Peter.

• Like 1

Peter was a mainstay in the 70's team I grew up watching as a kid. My memories are of those blonde locks flowing as he marauded out of defence with the ball or crunched into tackles. Hard but fair. RIP Peter.

1371497656[/url]' post='386695']

Peter was a mainstay in the 70's team I grew up watching as a kid. My memories are of those blonde locks flowing as he marauded out of defence with the ball or crunched into tackles. Hard but fair. RIP Peter.

Bang on! His tackling is was a joy to behold. He was a great player for us in a great team and a gentleman as well.

RIP

Can only echo what has been said so far. Was speaking about the Willie McLean team today with my gaffer mentioning how it was a shame they never won any silverwear. Some great players in there. Miller amongst them. Uncompromising in the tackle but a fine player on top of that.

RIP Peter