Hibernian V Motherwell 4/8/13

Bop

Eh no, just think they are terrible and in particular there centre half Nelson and we still can't create a clean cut chance despite our possession

can you remember as far back as early last season?

turned out no too bad

Very mature performance from the boys today. I want to say very well done and huge respect to all the fans who go on the away days, willing to spend their money to cheer the team on to victory, they were the loudest people at Easter Road today. Very well done to Anier and I hope that this leads him on to score a few more goals. If we play that maturely on Thursday, I wouldn't be surprised if we snatched a 0-0 draw

Typically tame early season affair but if anyone deserved to win it was us.

Looking at new signings, Lawson continues to impress while McManus didn't have much to contend with. Vigurs has obvious quality just needs to take a wee bit more care on possession.

My heart was in my mouth when Anier got put through on goal after he fluffed his lines a couple of times in Morecambe but he kept his composure beautifully.

Good start to the season.

• Like 2

Anier and ZFA changed the game and gave us that bit more pace up front.

Yip, ZFA has been bright and forward thinking every time I've seen his pre-season and in the Kuban game. Very surprised he was dropped in the first place.

Anier and ZFA changed the game and gave us that bit more pace up front.

By the looks of it we might be this seasons Ross County, tight defensively, not much goal threat, sneak 1-0 wins.

Said the exact same today. Would be different from last season but can't complain.

Wait till Faddy Fires he will be the spark to get the goals.

Will take that as a start. Sign of a title winning team,playing badly and winning!

Hollis still gives me fits anytime the opposition get into our final third but credit where its due,1 crackin save and a tidy overall game. Hutch was a bit slack at times but I love the pairing with McManus,who was a colossus! Lawson started tidily but got scrappy and Vigurs was shit,but to be expected when he clearly ain't a winger. Faddy was trying to do too much. Forgot McHugh was playing till he got subbed and Sutton was absolutely fucking pish,held nothing up,gave ball away all day and apart from a weak shot & falling over contributed nothing.

We desperately need some width & pace,but even with that I can see this being a frustrating season. We have the tools to potentially take anyone in scotland but will throw a lot of points away against the wee teams like Ross Co,St Midden & St Johnstone who will look to sit in & frustrate us

Todays game needs to be taken in the context of the fact we had a big game on Thursday and a long journey to/from Russia coming up. We have to rotate players best we can due to the small squad. Factor in the way Hibs set up and that our players are still getting to know each other, then Im delighted with the 3 points.

Once Europe is out of the way and the manager settles on a formation that suits the players, we will do just fine.

Thought we had the best of the chances and deserved the win.

Vigurs had a good game today as did the two centre backs. McCall made the right substitutions at the right times as well. Hibs dealt with Faddy well and it looked to me as if he was getting frustrated. Didn't think McHugh had the best of games either. Sensible decision to bring off Lawson. Had a decent game but I could see him getting a 2nd yellow. I also thought the game was pretty narrow and we could have done better if we exploited the wings more. And I definitely think we need someone to make up for the pace we lost over the summer.

Anyway, great start to the season and a brilliant bounce back from Thursday's disappointment!

Will take that as a start. Sign of a title winning team,playing badly and winning!

Hollis still gives me fits anytime the opposition get into our final third but credit where its due,1 crackin save and a tidy overall game.

I thought his distribution was quite good, probably the one red cross you'd put against Randolph. Seems much more comfortable throwing the ball out to a player rather than just lumping it down the park.

Not exactly a classic. Guys looked tired, and not surprisingly after their efforts on Thursday night. Am absolutely chuffed with that result, any win at Easter Road not to be sniffed at.

:notworthy: to the Bois for their non-stop support, and a hat tip to the Hibees. Wish we could attract over 9000 for home games.

• Like 1