Motherwell V Ross County 28/9/13

Yabba's Turd

I thought that was cracking today.

Pretty much dominant from the first minute to the last if we'd won by about five or six I don't think County could really have argued. They caused us a problem occasionally on the break and there were times if their shooting from the edge of the box had been better it might have caused us more of a worry certainly. But on the possession, the chances created and shots on target we fully deserved that win today.

And it is all the sweeter for the fact that we'd to come from behind to win it. We certainly didn't deserve to go in behind at the break - I actually thought it was very harsh indeed that there some boos from the East Stand at that point - but there was no panic, we just kept doing what we'd been doing albeit perhaps a bit more directly and the rewards eventually came.

Great stuff!

Decent enough first half, thought we got off to a good start but was concerned how easily we were getting exposed down Ramsden's side and it wasn't a surprise we lost a goal from there.

Early in the 2nd half I feared the worst, we lacked a playmaker and expected a turgid 2nd half. Sutton and Ainsworth really turned things round though and Carswell came onto a game. Some really good goals that would have been eclipsed if Anier had finished off a fine move with his diving header.

Special mention for McHugh, that's the biggest impact he has made since that Aberdeen game. Fine header to underline that he is a natural finisher.

Hooefully we go to Parkhead next week with genuine belief.

Thought we thoroughly deserved the three points, we were totally convincing for the majority of the match.

Thought McManus coasted through the match yet again today, he is shaping up to be a great signing. Hutchinson on the other hand looked rash at times and is constantly getting dragged out of position. Ramsden is solid at full back.

I thought Faddy was having one of his better games this season, although Steelboy disagreed and obviously managed to have a word with McCall about him at half-time. I agree with the poster above though, Ainsworth should be starting on the right with Faddy either up front or on the left. On Ainsworth, I reckon we've found a gem, his corners are perfect every time, and his crossing whilst in play is far better than our old right winger.

I keep saying it but Carswell impresses me every time I watch him, his energy levels are top notch and he's now easily a 1st pick.

I'm quick to be negative where Sutton is concerned but he played really well today and his nack of getting vital goals so far has been impressive. Grant Munro must be the slowest player in the league though to get out-paced by him for the 2nd goal though.

All-in-all, a good day, even at half-time I felt we'd do on to win

Thought first half was a bit scrappy and agree with Lobey Dosser that we were exposed down Ramsdens side and Hammell had to run to cover on more than one occasion. Second half was more like we should be watching better penetration and the crosses into the box had County all over the place. Sutton man of the match long before it was announced. Not a Mc Hugh fan but he did play well when he came on . Good result and if we keep winning at Fir Park we will be alright.

Thought we played well first half and controlled the game. Faddy looked a bit sharper although still not quite there. If we had been more ruthless in front of goal we would never have been behind at half time and Ross County couldnt have complained. The incident with McLean in the lead up to their goal was bizarre and seemed to cause a lapse in concentration.

2nd half I thought we started slowly but once we scored there was only going to be one winner. Like others I really like the look of Ainsworth. We look a lot more balanced with him on the right.

Think we are slowly getting there and if we are having the likes of Lawson Vigurs McFadden and McHugh on the bench, we look like a team with options.

Thought Ramsden was exposed a lot in the first half when Faddy didn't track back. Funny thing was in second half Ainsworth didn't always track back but County were obviously worried by his pace and didn't push on as much.Nice touch from County fans singing for Lawson.

Yes we need them signed on for the season. A cracking 2nd half display after McFadden got subbed. Ainsworth is a wee gem and his corners are great too. We'll get a few goals from them. McHugh is a player i've always thought is a decent striker and his goal was a peach but John Sutton....SUPERB TODAY!!! :thumbup:

And his corner kicks were consistently good, unlike the last few seasons with Hateley

It was a pleasure to free kicks and corners in the first half from Faddy and in the second from Ainsworth consistently finding a Motherwell player. What a change from the postcode freekick lottery over thae last few years when they were taken by Mark's ("Gees a job") wonderboy.

• Like 2

1380396059[/url]' post='396740']

It was a pleasure to free kicks and corners in the first half from Faddy and in the second from Ainsworth consistently finding a Motherwell player. What a change from the postcode freekick lottery over thae last few years when they were taken by Mark's ("Gees a job") wonderboy.

Big fat fingers, sorry I meant to vote up not down.

Tom Who ?

Thought we played some slick football for the first 20 minutes without really creating any clear cut chances, when we did we missed it and we went into a little lull, after which Ross County scored and looked like the better side.

Second half we were better again and looked much more like scoring. Ainsworth made a difference and Sutton took his equalizer superbly. His second was an excellent finish also.

Some bizarre calls from the far side linesman today...

Thought we played some slick football for the first 20 minutes without really creating any clear cut chances, when we did we missed it and we went into a little lull, after which Ross County scored and looked like the better side.

Second half we were better again and looked much more like scoring. Ainsworth made a difference and Sutton took his equalizer superbly. His second was an excellent finish also.

Some bizarre calls from the far side linesman today...

Have to disagree with you there ,IMHO at no time during the game did Ross county look better than us.As i said my opinion .After 2 mins i said to my son that it was only a matter of time until we scored !! we had to wait another 50 minutes !! Shows you what i know eh?

• Like 1

We were on top for virtually 90 mins and even when we were 1-0 down at half time I was more than confident we would come back to win the game.

Ainsworth had a major impact when he came on and big Sutton took his chances well. Although I think I witnessed the SPFL's slowest race ever between him and Munro today for his second laugh1.gif

Wee mention to Ramsden as well ... what a first touch and cross for McHugh's goal!

Agree that ainsworth played a big part in todays result but any idea was faddy was taken off? Was he injured? Thought he was playing OK up until that point.

McCall said in his post-match that the plan had been to give Faddy 45 - 60 minutes in this game seeing as he had played a full 90 against Livingston. At half time he said he was feeling some tightness in his hamstring so they kept him off for the second 45.

Sadly I think McFadden is running out of time to make an impact this season. We can't afford to have a shirt filled by reputation and that alone.

So far this term Anier, Sutton and McHugh have done well up front, Francis-Angol and Vigurs look a better shout on the left and Ainsworth, on the right, hit a beauty last week and changed the game on Saturday.

McFadden is my favourite ever Motherwell player and no one wants to see him end his career with us with a damp squib season but I think the time is coming close where he might not be a first XI player unless he improves his performances dramatically.

• Like 1