Ross County V Motherwell 14/12/13

Yabba's Turd

That one 2nd half chance is one of the most encouraging bits of play I've seen from us this season. Hitting a team on the break with a wee bit of pace; even looked like Faddy was making a threatening run off the ball.

As mentioned before, I'd wager more who were at the match would corroborate, we created a lot on the break and had about as many chances as they did second half even with all their possession and pressure.

Our recent home pumpings have came against the best teams in the league. Our recent away wins have came against the worst teams in the league.

Don't think we're particularly better suited to home or away. So far it's been about grinding out results against teams with similar or lesser ability, apart from the obvious.

As mentioned before, I'd wager more who were at the match would corroborate, we created a lot on the break and had about as many chances as they did second half even with all their possession and pressure.

Absolutely spot on!!!

Adams sounding as if it was the Alamo or something instead of some half chances and comfortable saves.

Oh and the ref had already blown for the foul before McLean got his head to it

Maybe the novice keeper who played is a better goalkeeper than our novice keeper?

True,but how are we ever going to find out if he never gets an opportunity? And Id love to know how McCall knew he is better! Cant be arsed scouting Albion Rovers for a cup tie but apparently scouting Dundee reserves incase our keeper gets injured?

This emergency loan thing could do us a turn tho. Pick your number 1 and release the other leaving a young keeper youve no intention of ever playing as bench filler. Bring in an emergency loan if the number 1 gets injued,thus saving us a full time wage!

Don't get this 'hanging on' chat,if any team are a goal up away from home they would expect some pressure from the home side in the closing stages.

Absolutely. Even at home I'd expect the opposition to be using the "kitchen sink" approach if they are a goal down in the closing stages.

True,but how are we ever going to find out if he never gets an opportunity? And Id love to know how McCall knew he is better! Cant be arsed scouting Albion Rovers for a cup tie but apparently scouting Dundee reserves incase our keeper gets injured?

From comments Mccall has made in the past about keepers, I think it's Gordon Marshall who calls the shot when it comes to that position so I'd trust his judgement if he feels someone isn't quite ready for first team football. Chucking a player in at the deep end isn't always what's best for his development, especially in a position that so often hinges on confidence.

As for knowing Twardzik's capabilities... I think it's safe to say Marshall will have his finger on the pulse when it comes to other professional keepers in Scotland. Unlike outfield players, there are only a handful at each club so I imagine having a general awareness of who is in the ranks at other clubs is just part of the job.

I'm all in favour of giving our youngsters a run out in the first team, but a young keeper is a bit of a special case. Not many SPFL teams would be putting an 18 year old between the sticks, especially in a game that we had to win.

Can you imagine the outcry if he had made one mistake that led to a loss?

An endless line of comments grudgingly accepting a victory then offering up an assertion that we're still shite.

This current well team must feel like the KKK mens choir performing at the Harlem Apollo

The thing is we've supposedly shite, although thankfully no cunt has come up with the worst in the history yet.

Since we all like projections, if we continue on this current form (this season beat the bottom six every game and gain a point from the top six per round) we will have more points than 3rd place ended on last season.. Before we reach the split.

That may be, however I think whoever finishes 2nd will need at least 12 more points than we did last season to do that purely because last season every team in the bottom six were capable of beating everyone in the top six. This year, apart from the odd freak result, the teams in the bottom six appear to be horseshit.

Very true but again we are 4 points better of than last year. And last year we again had how Dundee Utd were so much better than us. Think we need to wat till after the January transfer window as the last two seasons we have looked meh going into the window, when McCall (who has no eye for a player according to some) has brought in a player that gives us something fresh.

Could we be better, of course but we could also be a lot worse

Dundee United dropped a lot of points to the weaker teams in the early weeks of the season and it is a testament to how consistent they have been in recent weeks that they have caught and overtaken us, as a team who wins every time they play a bottom six team is tough to overhaul. As I said last night, whilst they are playing so well we need to try and maintain a consistency so that we can capitalise on any collapse by them. This season is by no means a write off but it will become one if we can't get our first 11 on the pitch more often.

Dundee Utd look pretty immense just now. If they can keep those key players (and it looks like the real talented ones have been signed on new/longer deals) they could be the "best of the rest", as the media puts it, for a few years.

It's just transition time for us just now. And big Sutton is better than Higdon. There. I said it. Plus he is handsome as fuck.

The 'hanging on' comes from our inablility to kill teams off. You kill the game then it doesnt matter how many kitchen sinks they throw you will see out the game comfortably. I don't think there has been a single game this season where we have been able to say well that's the game won before the final whistle.

The 'hanging on' comes from our inablility to kill teams off. You kill the game then it doesnt matter how many kitchen sinks they throw you will see out the game comfortably. I don't think there has been a single game this season where we have been able to say well that's the game won before the final whistle.

This is not a new phenomenon.