Worst Xi To Grace The Claret & Amber

Goggles & Flippers

McGarry had a superb six months under McGhee. There were several who really benefited from his training methods McGarry more than most.

I think thats pushing it? He got better but was never really anything special. Was he ever considered a 'first 11' man? Im thinking back, we had clarky, porter and rossco up front. Did mcgarry make it into the midfield?

Don't know if he's been mentioned but Tony Thomas, £150,000 to sign him from Everton only played like 15 games or such. Had a starring role in the 6-5 defeat against Aberdeen. Think that may have been his last game for us.

I think thats pushing it? He got better but was never really anything special. Was he ever considered a 'first 11' man? Im thinking back, we had clarky, porter and rossco up front. Did mcgarry make it into the midfield?

No? I thought he was excellent those first six months under McGhee. A good cog in what was a wonderful attacking unit. He made 34 appearances that season according to Soccerbase so aye, I'd say he was a regular.

I don't remember him maintaining the form beyond that purple patch granted but those months alone for me would exclude him by some way from any worst eleven.

Harsh on buzz considering he made a massive contribution to us finishing third, got himself into the Scotland squad and played well enough in his final season to get a good move.

I doubt McGhee had any special training methods he just had higher standards than maplas. I said to maplas that mcgarry and Paterson were fat and he said "what can I do about it".

Brian Kerr was always good for a half decent goal from the edge of the box, but I went right off him when he knew he was signing for Hibs at the end of the Malpas season and didn't give a fuck.

Also surely Bob Malcolm should be given a reprieve for taking out Donati at Parkhead.

I remember we signed Maurice Ross and Franny Jeffers in for the Cup final in 2011. Weren't particularly bad but they didn't really do anything, neither did the Northern Irish boy we signed that season. (Can't for the life of me remember his name though)

I remember we signed Maurice Ross and Franny Jeffers in for the Cup final in 2011. Weren't particularly bad but they didn't really do anything, neither did the Northern Irish boy we signed that season. (Can't for the life of me remember his name though)

Jeffers actually played a big part in us getting to that final. Big performances in quarter final replay and in the semi final...

Steve Jones!

Maurice Ross, remember him having a decent debut versus Aberdeen but he was ganting against Rangers. Honestly think he forgot who he was playing for that day. Thought Jeffers was brilliant in the Scottish Cup Quarter Final matches against Dundee United and put on a good shift up at pittodrie where he got on the scoresheet.

Steve Jones!

Maurice Ross, remember him having a decent debut versus Aberdeen but he was ganting against Rangers. Honestly think he forgot who he was playing for that day. Thought Jeffers was brilliant in the Scottish Cup Quarter Final matches against Dundee United and put on a good shift up at pittodrie where he got on the scoresheet.

Yes! Steve Jones! He was pretty gash if my memory serves me correctly!

Fair enough with Franny, must have slipped my mind because I thought everyone played well in the United replay.

Angelis Charalambous - shite at football, good at driving tanks

Lewis Grabban anyone?

Paul Keegan is quite possibly the worst though. Why Malpas decided to sign some ageing striker from the League of Ireland I'll never know. He was really just some old man. I've played fives against old dafties that are better

Derek Weldon......signed from shotts bon accord. The story goes he chucked it when he was told to get his hair cut( think he was into motorbikes), poor guy was in a bike smash years ago and ended up paralysed from the neck down.

My sister's pal was his nurse, he died a while ago. The reason for his smash? Trying to beat his time on horsely brae...

Angelis Charalambous - shite at football, good at driving tanks

Lewis Grabban anyone?

Paul Keegan is quite possibly the worst though. Why Malpas decided to sign some ageing striker from the League of Ireland I'll never know. He was really just some old man. I've played fives against old dafties that are better

Paul Keegan scored a tremendous goal in the Irish league I'm sure, an overhead volley IIRC can't find the video on youtube, no doubt Malpas watched it... :doh: