Worst Xi To Grace The Claret & Amber

Goggles & Flippers

What was the script with Daniel Sengewald again? Absolute stormer against Celtic but struggling to recall his other appearances.

Meldrum, Dow, Christie, Forrest, May, John fucking Davies, Casagolda, Ange, McGlinchy and Graeme Miller would all be contenders for my team with Bobby Donnelly the captain. The Flask would be on the bench after seeing him getting sent off on a freezing night at Rugby Park.

Ross and Fagan would be in there too if it wasn't for their goals against Celtic.

sengewald got sent off at hibs with pearson and partridge then came back for the 6-1 against hearts then never played again. we were lucky only to get 3 red cards at easter road that day.

bobby donnelly against rangers on the first day of the season was the most out of his depth i've ever seen any player. it was like we had pulled somone out of the stand to play centre half.

Steve mcdonald, the other McDonald plucked from obscurity in Australia during butchers holidays

the first player from our australian feeder club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/4687783.stm

Well courting Aussie feeder club

Motherwell are close to agreeing a feeder club agreement with Australian club Sorrento. The Scottish club's manager, Terry Butcher, is down under at the moment in an attempt to finalise the deal.

Well's Australian striker, Scott McDonald, ended Celtic's title hopes on the final day with a double in a 2-1 win in May.

Well assistant manager Maurice Malpas said: "He is away to see if there are any more Scott McDonalds there."

McDonald's goals have been well publicised in his homeland.

"Motherwell is a name being banded about in Australia at the moment after Scott McDonald's impact," said Malpas.

Butcher has been unable to strengthen his squad during the summer other than replace Barry John Cor with former Rangers youth goalkeeper Graeme Smith.

"Terry is trying to get a tie-in with the Perth Association," said Malpas.

Got to be a place for Robert Maaskant at centre half?!!! Wee winger Paul Shepstone was another of Tommy's dodgy signings, worth considering in my view. Can I also offer Joni Lehtonen for inclusion in midfield?!!

Kemas has the honour of scoring one of the best strikes I've seen at Fir Park in the same game that Woods cemented his place as one of our worst ever keepers

Was that a 5-1 tanking by Livi?

That's the only time I can remember me losing the plot with one of our players, standing up and letting rip at them. :wallbash:

A lot of players mentioned here that weren't necessarily shit, more completely forgettable. Take The Flask for example. Did we not sign him in March or something as backup? Didn't set the heather on fire (clearly), but I don't remember him being utterly abysmal. Don't really remember him at all, TBH.

Not sure if the likes of Michels and Matthaei deserve their harsh treatment either. I always remember Matthaei and Doesburg being fairly solid but pretty unspectacular. We seemed to have a habit back in the pre-transfer window days of playing folk once or twice - I'm thinking Eric Garcin, Stefan Lindqvist, Jonsson etc…Jonsson by far the worst of those however.

From personal memory, I'd agree with the John Davies, Andy Roddie and John Hendry nominations. Neil Tarrant, whilst only a loan signing, was also spectularly pish, as were the Malpas Three and Karl Ready. However, Kevin McBride and Brian Kerr are perhaps my two worst players over the past wee while. McBride because he had such a transition from half-decent to abysmal seemingly overnight (perhaps the permanent contract had something to do with it…dry.gif), whilst Kerr came with a reasonable amount of hype and proceeded to do fuck all to justify it.

Based on Joewarksfanclub's Best Well team you've witnessed that's based on Off the Ball's Hamilton XI from today.

With the help of this list below, anyone want to add some choice duds to make up a woeful line-up you have witnessed?

List of Motherwell Players

I'm going to opt for Andy Roddie (it was a toss up between him and Derek Townsley) and John Davies (Billy's bro) as the first two into the team.

Presume that isn't an exhaustive list - just a quick scan and see no sign of Mark Shanks, Jackie McInally or Jumbo Muir