Kilmarnock V Motherwell 23/08/14

Yabba's Turd

law is a tidy player but he's not contributing anything. he gets the ball takes 7 or 8 touches running into space then plays a nothing pass.

he was an empty shirt yesterday, out his depth.

Yeah, I would partly agree with that. I dont think he is a world beater but definitely has something to offer in the right position. Not a lot of players filled the shirt yesterday.

Law has ability - if you cant see that then you arent watching or you are already so closed off to it that you never will. He has good close control, a good engine, eye for a goal and a creative spark. His best positon I agree has been in support of the striker. He is not a winger, is not a defensive midfielder and wont marshall a game by the looks of it but, for me, thats ok as what he does he does well. Needs to be in the correct position though.

Its much like Vigurs. He is one of our best footballers but people either see it or dont. Some people voted him MOTM yesterday but at the same time people in the crowd were calling him an imposter too.

If we set up 4-2-3-1, Ainsworth/Law/Vigurs the 3, it would work really well I think. But in a 4-4-2 I dont think having Law ans Vigurs can work - a bit too similar.

Great post.

I wasn't at the game yesterday, but been at the 3 home games so far and, first 20 minutes v Stjarnan aside, we've been rank rotten.

Bit early to be panicking, but a major improvement is required. Difficult with injuries, but, even when the situation improves, McCall needs to start playing players in positions which suit them. He played 4 central midfielders in a 4-4-2 away to St Johnstone last season wihich was a disaster and seems to have done the same yesterday. Suppose McCall knows best what's at his disposal, but surely Dom Thomas must be in with a shout of getting a game now if we're sticking with 4-4-2?

Also, a lot of people have commented on our lack of options to give us width. The manager must surely be aware if it, yet the only wide midfielder/winger in our squad is Ainsworth (discounting Thomas as McCall doesn't seem keen to use the boy). Is Vigurs really a wide midfielder??? Not sure he is, but I do like him as a player. Contrast the lack of wide options to our options for the centre - Lasley, Carswell, Law, Vigurs, Leitch, Lawson.

Very difficult game up next, but we badly need something to give us a boost.

This was the first game i've been able to make it to in a long time and i really wish i hadn't bothered. A really gutless performance from most of the players but Kerr is a fucking nightmare !!! The big lad up front for Killie (Meggenis i think) done the same spin in behind Kerr every fucking time and he never thought to change his position and stop getting turned all the time. I know we have injures etc but this is a worrying time.

What did we do when Kerr went off, did we just leave it 3 at the back?

Fuck knows, we lost any sort of shape and discipline after the free kick went in and as the highlights showed only a few smart saves from Twardzik stopped it from becoming three or four.

We were crying out for changes as it clearly wasn't working yet McCall waited until there was less than 15 minutes to go before thinking about making a double change. Then Kerr was sent off, Killie scored, both subs sat down and the game was well and truly over.

He did eventually bring on Ainsworth for Ojamaa a few minutes later but by that point it was a bit like rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic.

Apart from Stjarnan away yesterday was the first game I've missed this season. From watching the highlights twardzick should definitely have got the first goal and the wall for the free kick was poorly positioned. He did make some pretty decent saves apart from that to be fair but it's not the first time this season he's let a speculative long range effort in.

Having watched the highlights from the other games we are fucking miles behind every other team in every department. We're clutching at straws if we think the return of Hammell and Ramsden will be the miracle cure. I don't know what's wrong but the buck stops with McCall and we are approaching at "6 pointer" in Dingwall in a couple of weeks.

Even in poor seasons there's always been at least a few teams worse than us that will save us from the drop. This season other teams will be looking at US as the team that will save them from going down!

1408905779[/url]' post='420019']

Fuck knows, we lost any sort of shape and discipline after the free kick went in and as the highlights showed only a few smart saves from Twardzik stopped it from becoming three or four.

We were crying out for changes as it clearly wasn't working yet McCall waited until there was less than 15 minutes to go before thinking about making a double change. Then Kerr was sent off, Killie scored, both subs sat down and the game was well and truly over.

He did eventually bring on Ainsworth for Ojamaa a few minutes later but by that point it was a bit like rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic.

You would have thought that at 2 nil down and the game gone it was the perfect time to give O'Brien the chance to bed into the team.

Just seen the highlights on Sportscene.

Dan has come in for some criticism. Yes he should have done better for their opener BUT he could have saved that and let in the other 4 or 5 shots on target.

Give him a break.

Other than that we should have had a penalty. the Sutton incident could have gone either way, but I would hardly call it a stonewall red card .

Kerr was a red card.

Just seen the highlights on Sportscene.

Dan has come in for some criticism. Yes he should have done better for their opener BUT he could have saved that and let in the other 4 or 5 shots on target.

Give him a break.

Other than that we should have had a penalty. the Sutton incident could have gone either way, but I would hardly call it a stonewall red card .

Kerr was a red card.

With regards to Dan, I know what you are saying but that just isn't how it works for a keeper I'm afraid. There is no point making wonder save after wonder save if you are going to get beat from distance consistently due to your lack of height (or poor positional sense whatever it may be).

The positioning of the wall at the 2nd was just wrong. All they guy had to do was smash it on target and it was a goal.

I agree with the rest of your post.

The wall at the freekick was stuff from a school football game in San Marino

Kerr is a fud, saying that he was rewarded with a new contract for such fuddery at Kilmarnock previously

it becomes fuddery squared, when he has only just staked a claim to his natural position and is now suspended.

Just about every clip on the Sportscene package started with us in possession, then making a hash of a straightforward pass and then random passage of passing from Killie and then them getting a shot in on our goalkeeper. Abysmal stuff, if you can't pass it 5 yards you've no chance.

Shire Greats, on 23 August 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

Don't know about that, I remember him at Letting off steam at Ibrox around 1982, making some questionable comments,so he seems to be one of life's surviivors. He does seem to lack perspective, but on the plus side he keeps turning up.

So he is well known then? First I have heard him and his offspring.

It was incredible at times...the boy was literally sarcastically clapping the rest of the motherwell fans (I think) at one point and mumbling away to himself. I dont even think they were drunk!

Don't know if it's true but I was told he works as a librarian and can't get talking all day .....hence the letting off steam on a Saturday.........also runs yoga/meditation classes......it's worked for him.....might just be a rumour though

this has to be a wind up of sorts?

i was at ibrox 1982 and the only thing on my mind was get a dig in first :nod:

1408922130[/url]' post='420035']

I was but a baby in 1982 so all I know is him, and his son, were acting like absolute nuggets on Saturday. I would rather that type of person didnt come to the games if I am just honest.

Agree

Have never come across this guy at FP, thankfully

Noticed Jonathan Johennsen not too far away with his young son, God knows what he must have thought

banned ffs!

the pair of them obviously get a bit worked up but it's not like we're struggling for space at away games these days. anyone who is that bothered by surely can move a few rows.

we had about 400 down at killie on saturday, there is no need to chase anyone away.

banned ffs!

the pair of them obviously get a bit worked up but it's not like we're struggling for space at away games these days. anyone who is that bothered by surely can move a few rows.

we had about 400 down at killie on saturday, there is no need to chase anyone away.

Serious question- do you have aspergers?

banned ffs!

Haha. Calm yerself.

Just seen the Kerr tackle, the highlights didn't show what happened to McManus first but he went down clutching his face. Any suggestion of retaliation? His body language before and after didn't suggest that he had been going for the ball in my opinion.

If Sutton isn't scoring goals then he brings nothing else to the table. Nothing.

whilst i agree with that, he was the same before he went to Hearts and Higdon was the same - im sure the shout was something like, "jump / run ya big lazy bastard"

these guys have proved they can score, its up to him to get in the positions and the rest of the team to provide the chances - he has not recieved any service, therefore he is not going to score any goals - it really is that simple. Higgy or Sutton were/are not flashy players, give them the service and they will score

to me, it looked as if we were playing a 4132, with lasley sitting deep and 3 centre midfielders of Law, Vigurs and Leitch - none of whom impressed me at all. Carswell at left back - nightmare, everytime the ball came to him, he is cutting inside, slowing the play down and heading into trouble. there was NO width whatsoever

something needs to change, we need more balance in the team

and whilst i would not call Vigurs an imposter, his talent is clear - he can not play the role asked of him saturday past - if he does, then IMO he IS a waste of a jersey - failing to track back when he lost the ball, blowing out of his arse after half an hour - that isnt good enough. A few nice passes here or there does not counter his lack of work ethic

St J are a very well organised team - i fear for saturday, especially if we have Hammell, Ramsden, Kerr, McManus all missing