Kilmarnock V Motherwell 23/08/14

Yabba's Turd

Although beating either in a play off would be the Fucking berries!! And a good pay day....

...Fuck it, bring on 11th!

There's not a snowball's chance in hell we would beat 'Rangers' in any match never mind one as big as that. I reckon Hearts would pump us in a playoff too.

Worrying times for sure. But with all the injured players, players playing with injuries and loanees not yet up to speed + add in a plastic pitch, where our record ia appalling then this result was always on the cards.

At this rate it will be after the international break before we get our strongest team on the pitch, just to coincide with an away game at Smeltic Park.

Long season ahead but I am still confident we will be mid table at worst. Will settle for that IF and right now it is a BIG if we manage to get a decent run or 2 in the cup competitions.

Sh@t happens from time to time. We have enough ability in the squad, so it's time for the characters in our team to roll up sleeves and apply themselves. Hard work and effort will see us through this so called crisis. Win all remaining games, and the title is ours! well maybe not! but there is plenty of time to sort this mess out. The fans continue is show support, so it's time the players battered in!

• Like 1

Pish poor performance.

Dan kept it to 2 but also at fault for the 2 goals I thought. First one he should have got to. He basically was too small. The second,the wall was set up all wrong. Everybody could see the gap and he didnt cover it.

Promising first half from henrik, nice touches from Vigs and Law on occasion. Everybody else I though was average to poor

The worst thing of the full daybwas sitting a couple of rows behind a father and son combo of absolute loon balls who never stopped shouting absolute negative drivel throughout. The father was going off is nut about the flag thing for about 5 minutes! Cretins.

that was fucking woeful i was hoping we would see a reaction after last week but that performance was just as bad.we can blame having injuries to a point and the sooner we get players back the better but our team look seriously disjointed at the minute with some of the usual suspects still looking unfit and off the pace.you would think we might have learned our lesson by now letting players shoot from distance without a challenge been put in wallbash.gif.fuck giving them tomorrow off i hope mccall has them in cause theres some serious work needing to be done,it says it all when a piss poor killie side can beat us without having to break sweat.

Great response from last weeks debacle then eh?

The plastic pitch will be the excuse this week of course. Or the fact that our 2 first choice full backs being injured means the rest of the team apparently can't pass the ball.....

1 goal scored in 4 games and 3 defeats in the first 4 games. Absolutely howling and I fear there are much greater problems behind the scenes than just a couple of injuries.

We just have to hope that St Mirren and Ross County keep losing as that at present is our only hope of staying up.

Questions need to be asked. Completely unacceptable performances being turned in since the Stjarnan game onwards.

It's early in the season yes, we do have a few players injured ofcourse, but we really need to try to address this run before we do find ourselves embroiled in something really nasty.

We've had spells where we've lost three on the spin under McCall before, or gone three without scoring, or even gone three without scoring and losing and recovered well enough from it, I really don't want us to be trying to see how well we can recover from four successive losses.

I didn't think we were that bad in the first half to be honest, certainly at half-time I still felt a point at least was there for the taking but we were pretty awful in the second half.

I suppose it won't have been too hard for teams to notice that we're conceding goals pretty regularly from distance. Killie seemed to have picked up on it as their scorer was firing in shots from anywhere. I don't know if he got lucky with the goals because the rest of his efforts were abysmal but at least was having a pop, something we rarely seemed willing to do.

They did have a couple of other decent chances to be fair but we had a lot of the ball, and long spells in their half and weren't out of it.

But after Vigurs free-kick there was nothing. How very typical that after waiting and waiting and waiting for the change to lift it, we finally see some movement on the bench, only for Kerr's red-card and the subsequent goal from the free-kick to render changes utterly pointless.

Not looking great at the moment.

The worst thing of the full daybwas sitting a couple of rows behind a father and son combo of absolute loon balls who never stopped shouting absolute negative drivel throughout. The father was going off is nut about the flag thing for about 5 minutes! Cretins.

I know exactly who you're talking about so I feel your pain. The father was sat near to me at Tannadice the other week, but thankfully he had lost his voice by half time. He must be due a heart attack or something soon though, so we might get a break.

• Like 1

I was trying to think about what word to describe the performance today and the word I came up with was 'bloodless'.

There was just no spark there, no energy, no confidence, we look like a team that's given up on the season already.

We started the match OK and arguably had the better of the opening stages but we always looked open at the back and as soon as Kilmarnock scored you could see the heads go down all over the pitch. Last season we came back from losing the opening goals but today the game was over at 1-0. You knew we weren't going to score and we would probably concede again and after 9 minutes of a match that's a pretty shocking state of affairs.

The opening goal had a bit of swerve on it but not so much that it should beat the goalkeeper. Sitting behind the goals it seemed to go straight through him. Twardzik actually made a few saves in the match as was far from the worst performer but we just can't afford to lose goals like that when we are in such a fragile position.

The defence in front of Twardzik was an absolute shambles. You could excuse Carswell at left back but not experienced players like McManus who had a shocker. I didn't get a good view of the Kerr sending off, but the Kilmarnock players looked furious about it and there didn't seem to much protest from us so by the looks of it he should have walked.

Midfield was completely lacking any width again. Jack Leitch wide left was completely anonymous, Josh Law looks like an unnatural fit at wide right. It seems to be fashionable to slate guys like Lasley at the moment and I'm not for any moment saying he had a great game but him and Vigurs in central midfield were the best performing part of the team today but we need to sort out the wide positions quickly because as it stands we have very little threat up front. Again Vigurs wasn't brilliant but he did have four or five really nice touches and what chances we did have it was usually him that was the creator.

Sutton was absolutely dire, he doesn't look interested right now and although he's not had good service he has to show more than he has been doing. He's just not working. We are struggling badly right now and it's just not good enough for a forward to expect to have things laid on a plate for him. Ojamaa ran about a lot but had little impact on the game. He rather luckily won a ball against a Kilmarnock defender and was straight through on goal and he dithered and then mishit the ball with his weak foot so he didn't even get a shot off. Summed it up for him.

Overall, we look shambolic at the back, we have no width whatsoever in the team and upfront there is nothing going on at all.

Things look bleak unless we can find something pretty soon. No exaggeration to say we are a few more bad performances away from a potential relegation season.

• Like 1

1408818708[/url]' post='419908']

I know exactly who you're talking about so I feel your pain. The father was sat near to me at Tannadice the other week, but thankfully he had lost his voice by half time. He must be due a heart attack or something soon though, so we might get a break.

Don't know about that, I remember him at Letting off steam at Ibrox around 1982, making some questionable comments,so he seems to be one of life's surviivors. He does seem to lack perspective, but on the plus side he keeps turning up.

Is this not now our worst start to a season since 2006/2007 under Malpas? We simply have to pick up three points next week against St.Johnstone, apart from anything else to try and get some confidence back ahead of the International break.

I have serious concerns for us, both on and off the pitch as we appear to be a sinking ship.

Edit: yes this IS our worst start to a season since 2006 with 3 points from the first 12.

Don't know about that, I remember him at Letting off steam at Ibrox around 1982, making some questionable comments,so he seems to be one of life's surviivors. He does seem to lack perspective, but on the plus side he keeps turning up.

Sounds like 'Mr angry' , shouting 'break his fuckin arm' to derek ferguson when all around were thinking a leg would be better!Also remember him slamming a few seats in despair , Killie away springs to mind blink.gif

An absolute shambles of a performance with no leadership on or off the park. Killie won at a canter and should have scored several more.

Two questions for Stuart McCall.

When did John Sutton turn into a winger? Having finally accepted that a lack of width was hurting us badly, why not bring on one of the two wingers sitting on the bench. Sutton being moved onto the right wing was ridiculous and did nothing other than to highlight even more his lack of pace and inability to go past a defender. Madness. Similar to the move McCall made with Erwin last week, but even less effective.

Why no substitutions until 80 minutes? The game was well and truly lost by then and it was clear after the first 15 minutes that the formation and tactics were not working.

McCall has commented that his players must learn from their mistakes. Perhaps the Manager should set an example.

• Like 4

Certain posters will be along to explain that they've ignored the pantywetting and negativity thread, we're all wrong and will be tearing up the league soon.

I'd say who, but the McCall arse tattoos should give it away.

It's a miserable time, a miserable run, and there are few positive signs. Our squad is unbalanced, unfit, and painfully slow.

I don't need another 6 games of 'giving them time' to see that McCall needs to crack the fucking whip, stop being Mr Huggy Manager and get these folks earning their wage.

• Like 1

Kerr! A fucking impostor who should ashamed of himself after that today. Thank fuck we'll not suffer him for 3 games. McCall should bin him and actually bring in a defender who looks remotely like a footballer.

McManus had a mare, Carswell at left back was incredible, Reid was poor. Sutton again offered little.

There is no game plan, there is no balance, there is no desire, no fitness, there is nothing, but 11 empty jerseys come K.O. Ross County and St Mirren are the worst two sides in the league, but unfortunately we aren't that far off right now.

Was literally about the post the same thing. The guy and his son are a nightmare, long term "survivor" or not.

So he is well known then? First I have heard him and his offspring.

It was incredible at times...the boy was literally sarcastically clapping the rest of the motherwell fans (I think) at one point and mumbling away to himself. I dont even think they were drunk!

Certain posters will be along to explain that they've ignored the pantywetting and negativity thread, we're all wrong and will be tearing up the league soon.

Don't give them the satisfaction mate, we've got more things to concern ourselves with than some internet bampots who are only interested in picking petty arguments online about nothing.

• Like 1

Ross County and St Mirren are the worst two sides in the league, but unfortunately we aren't that far off right now.

You should hold the thought until we've played Ross County. St. Mirren have already outplayed us on our own patch and Ross County at least manage to score in most of their games.